ImageImageImageImage

OT- Ray Lewis hired by ESPN

Moderator: theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

OT- Ray Lewis hired by ESPN 

Post#1 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 am

So ESPN hired Ray Lewis despite his criminal Record, basically saying that since NFL and Fans welcomed him back, they should too.

For those of you that don't know, Ray Lewis basically escaped a murder conviction by turning into a snitch , but when it came time , he indirectly said whomever was involved . He claimed he did nothing, however his limo and clothes were stained in blood as well as eye witness accounts.

Personally i'll probably enjoy his commentary and Wit however i find it kind of disgusting that ESPN with shows like OTL tries to reveal the truth, finds out the truth, but ignores the moral/ethics of the truth when they see dollar signs. Ryan Braun, Barry Bonds, OJ simpson probably have a future in commentary at ESPN.

Any thoughts?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: OT- Ray Lewis hired by ESPN 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

He's an incredibly engaging and knowledgeable personality that will bring in viewers and revenue. Think what you will of Ray, but he wasn't convicted and this is a business. I guess it doesn't bug me that much, though I understand why you would think that way
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:51 am

ajaX82 wrote:He's an incredibly engaging and knowledgeable personality that will bring in viewers and revenue. Think what you will of Ray, but he wasn't convicted and this is a business. I guess it doesn't bug me that much, though I understand why you would think that way

honestly i just out recently about the whole murder thing. before that i was a huge RAy lewis fan and a part of me still is. It definitely was a business decision, and ray is going to bring a ton of publicity to espn. i saw the artcle on WT and was just curious as to how others felt. Part of me was hoping someone would post about how wrong i am and that there's evidence that shows he wasn't involved.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#4 » by Lionlifer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm

I thought they never found the clothes he was wearing that night, a white suit if I recall. And no one really knows for sure if it was him or his firends that killed those two people, so in my mind he's innocent till proven guilty.

And really I'm all for second chances for athletes, especially when they make good with their second chance like Ray did. I wonder if this discussion will come up again when Kobe retires and ESPN tries to hire him, he did have the whole rape thing...
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 am

Lionlifer wrote:I thought they never found the clothes he was wearing that night, a white suit if I recall. And no one really knows for sure if it was him or his firends that killed those two people, so in my mind he's innocent till proven guilty.

And really I'm all for second chances for athletes, especially when they make good with their second chance like Ray did. I wonder if this discussion will come up again when Kobe retires and ESPN tries to hire him, he did have the whole rape thing...

Per what i've read, their was eye witness testimony that they saw Ray hitting someone, however when all 3 witness's hit the stand, they recanted there statements which IMO makes it look even worse. There was a blood trails in the limo as well as in the hotel room , however the defense argued it was because the victims blood was everywhere. My question is that if Ray lewis was that close to the stabbing victims he most certainly wasn't just watching. Its all circumstantial.

As for the comparison to Kobe thing, i think that's a horrible analogy. #1 The girl entered Kobe's room willingly, admitted to kissing Bryant and then said he raped her!? , then when she had the hospital perform a rape kit on her, they found pubic hair from another man? The evidence in Kobe's case kind of points the other way.
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#6 » by joseph mamah » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:59 pm

I always heard the two guys that Lewis allegedly killed were attempting to rob him. if thats the case, the only thing I hold against him from that incident is the fact that he rolled over on his boys.

Return to Detroit Lions