My morphing DE thoughts

Moderator: theBigLip

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

My morphing DE thoughts 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 am

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/0 ... sive-ends/

I'm not normally one to strongly react to the Combine, but what I saw today killed Damontre Moore as a #5 fit. You simply cannot play on the line with 12 bench press reps and middle of the pack speed and explosion. Still like him as a football player, but not that high.

Also down on Werner. He's never going to produce more than what Avril has, and nobody wants to pay Avril for that production. At #5 I want more than that.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: My morphing DE thoughts 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah I also hate combine overreaction but Moore was terrible. He's off my radar. I'm still fine with Werner

I must say Ansah is growing on me, he had an amazing day. The rawness still scares me with him though. The #5 pick is a serious crap shoot right now...
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:41 am

ajaX82 wrote:Yeah I also hate combine overreaction but Moore was terrible. He's off my radar. I'm still fine with Werner

I must say Ansah is growing on me, he had an amazing day. The rawness still scares me with him though. The #5 pick is a serious crap shoot right now...

Moore did look terrible however when i go and watch his game tape, the way he comes off the edge is exactly what we need or at least better than Ansah. As i've watched Ansah, i don't particularly see the potential in him, he doesn't really do anything that jumps out at you. i do however like his personality.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 am

Icness wrote:http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/02/combine-watch-defensive-ends/

I'm not normally one to strongly react to the Combine, but what I saw today killed Damontre Moore as a #5 fit. You simply cannot play on the line with 12 bench press reps and middle of the pack speed and explosion. Still like him as a football player, but not that high.

Also down on Werner. He's never going to produce more than what Avril has, and nobody wants to pay Avril for that production. At #5 I want more than that.

Lemonier in the 3rd would be nice, i'm assuming we'd go CB 1st, Safety 2nd? if we can address 3 defensive needs with the first 3 picks i think we'll be golden. hopefully one of the secondary picks could also play special teams.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#5 » by Piston Pete » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 am

If our FO is committed to Avril, then drafting a DE is not a priority.

If not, then we need to take one (a DE) by the 3rd round at the latest IMO.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about any of the DEs we're looking at in the 1st - although Ansah is somewhat intruiging potential-wise.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 am

Piston Pete wrote:If our FO is committed to Avril, then drafting a DE is not a priority.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about any of the DEs we're looking at in the 1st - although Ansah is somewhat intruiging potential-wise.

i watch highlights of Ansah and i just don't see whats so special about the kid, however per all the articles i'm reading about him, NFL GM's say he oozes potential
ADflight1
Pro Prospect
And1: 105

Post#7 » by ADflight1 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:44 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:If our FO is committed to Avril, then drafting a DE is not a priority.

i watch highlights of Ansah and i just don't see whats so special about the kid, however per all the articles i'm reading about him, NFL GM's say he oozes potential

I mean, he played 3-4 end and NT so you're not gonna see a lot of flash from Ansah's tape but you put him in a 4-3 defense next to our hogs and he'll take off imo.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Mar 2, 2013 12:26 am

i hope so, every artcle i read it says the same thing. i' wouldn't mind taking a shot

Return to Detroit Lions