ImageImageImageImage

Game 3: Lions vs. Redskins

Moderator: theBigLip

ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,191

Game 3: Lions vs. Redskins 

Post#1 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 pm

Very impressive first drive by Bell. If he gets his confidence up, I'd like to see a nice fast paced offense with Bush and Bell spelling each other.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Re: Game 3: Lions vs. Redskins 

Post#2 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Stafford got blitzed, threw into triple coverage, and still got the touchdown. Lucky play, but we'll take it!
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
ElectricMayhem
RealGM

Post#3 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:34 pm

ech. 3:30am. I'll just have to watch the highlights in the morning.

Anyway, it's been great discussing this 1st half with all of you.

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#4 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Only caught the last 6 minutes but a couple notes:

stafford has such happy feet in the pocket, its ugly as hell but i like to see at least some foot work rather than back pedaling and throwing off the back foot. Stafford has also made at least 3 throws that if any other QB was throwing should have been intercepted. Like literally right through the hands of the defender because its so fast.

Per articles i read, Ziggy had a big day, we lost JJ which i think is big, however we knew coming in that its hard to keep everyone healthy in the NFL.

Mathis seems like a legit #2 CB, that penalty was weak. Also rather dissappointed we spent a 2nd round pick on a first round graded CB and he's stuck behind a guy we signed off the streets. Just saying.

I don't know if its a product of Broyles or adjusting to what the redskins where playing us, but we had major passes with huge yardage.

Lastly i was disappointed that we allowed a crap Redskins team to stay in the game. anyone watch the game and have any ideas
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#5 » by Piston Pete » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:49 am

1) Our LBers were nearly non-existent today. All the plays defensively were made by the DLine or the secondary.

2) Bell was great! If anything, we needed to give him more touches today. I think it killed our offensive momentum whenever we, for some reason, went with Riddick instead of Bell for stretches. Riddick is not ready to contribute yet. If Bell ever needed a breather, LeShoure should have been in there to spell Bell. At the very least, maybe we can increase LeShoure's trade value....

3) Stafford was really erratic all day. Our receivers really bailed him out today by making some great catches. Even the long pass play to a completely wide open Burleson was thrown behind him and nearly incomplete. Instead, Burleson had to spin around backwards to catch it, killing his momentum upfield momentarily.

4) Pettigrew was a non-factor. Thats probably a good thing. No drops and no fumbles = good day for Pettidrop.

5) I think no Bush forced us to spread the ball around offensively - which is a good thing. WRs not named Calvin actually got a good amount of targets. Burleson, Broyles, Fauria, Scheffler, Durham and Bell ALL got looks in the passing game. I think when Bush was healthy, the offense too easily fell into the trap of just getting the ball to him or Calvin. Without Bush (and with Bell), I was glad to see us spread the wealth. I think it ultimately makes us harder to defend.

6) Spurlock is still useless, IMO
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#6 » by Icness » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Piston Pete wrote:1) Our LBers were nearly non-existent today. All the plays defensively were made by the DLine or the secondary.

2) Bell was great! If anything, we needed to give him more touches today. I think it killed our offensive momentum whenever we, for some reason, went with Riddick instead of Bell for stretches. Riddick is not ready to contribute yet. If Bell ever needed a breather, LeShoure should have been in there to spell Bell. At the very least, maybe we can increase LeShoure's trade value....

3) Stafford was really erratic all day. Our receivers really bailed him out today by making some great catches. Even the long pass play to a completely wide open Burleson was thrown behind him and nearly incomplete. Instead, Burleson had to spin around backwards to catch it, killing his momentum upfield momentarily.

4) Pettigrew was a non-factor. Thats probably a good thing. No drops and no fumbles = good day for Pettidrop.

5) I think no Bush forced us to spread the ball around offensively - which is a good thing. WRs not named Calvin actually got a good amount of targets. Burleson, Broyles, Fauria, Scheffler, Durham and Bell ALL got looks in the passing game. I think when Bush was healthy, the offense too easily fell into the trap of just getting the ball to him or Calvin. Without Bush (and with Bell), I was glad to see us spread the wealth. I think it ultimately makes us harder to defend.

6) Spurlock is still useless, IMO

Agree across the board!
My thoughts:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1783 ... -27-20-win

and
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1782 ... or-detroit
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Detroit Lions