Moderator: theBigLip

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Nate Burleson breaks arm 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Ugh.
http://www.freep.com/article/20130924/S ... /309240063

Apparently he was reaching for a piece of pizza when he lost control.
Double ugh.

I just wrote a lengthy piece for B/R about it, I'll link when it's posted.

I am not on board with the Josh Gordon trade talks.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Re: Nate Burleson breaks arm 

Post#2 » by Piston Pete » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm

What is CLE looking to get for Josh Gordon? He's very talented, but his off-field issues have me concerned about dealing for him.

Another option, also with CLE, would be Little. He could probably be had for less than Gordon as well.

Any way at all KC makes Bowe available? He's having a pretty down year so far in KC.....

What about Hakeem Nicks? He's voiced displeasure in NY...

Is Braylon Edwards done?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Here's the link, I wound up posting it to DLD:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/0 ... place-him/

One of the issues in trading for anyone prominent is that the Lions don't have any cap room. To pick up a guy like Nicks or Justin Blackmon it would require cutting a veteran whose deal extends beyond this year. I don't think the Lions want to do that, unless they can work a new deal into part of the trade. Nicks would be fantastic though.

Three names I've seen out there that I like:
Nate Washington
Cecil Shorts
Jerrico Cotchery

NO idea if any are being discussed or anything like that.

I'd rather have Josh Gordon than Kenny Britt, one popular name. Britt is a malcontent idiot, Gordon is a substance abuser, and there's a difference.

Braylon Edwards is done, yes.

Bowe is interesting but KC is gunning for playoff wins and I can't see them giving up their best WR even though Alex Smith has no idea how to throw it down the field to him.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm

What a weird and unfortunate turn of events. Frickin' Burleson...

Broyles needs to step up and is hopefully much closer to health. Britt sucks and I want no part of his bad attitude. Washington seems like a good fit. Greg Little could be available as part of the Cleveland firesale. Can Brandon Lloyd still play?

There doesn't seem like a ton on the surface though, which is a little scary.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Reaching for Pizza boxes huh? heard that one before. This is horrible, just when Burleson seemed to be hitting his stride. ICE mentioned justin Blackmon, that would be awesome.

our 2nd round pick (SLay) sits behind a guy off the streets. Maybe should have gone after a WR.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:05 pm

i say we sign willis , test to see if he can fill a temp void, and hope our 100 million dollar QB can make a throw and that he can catch. and or trade leshoure or one of our TE for a WR. I know NFL trades are a whole different beast, so forgive me if that is ignorant
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#7 » by Piston Pete » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 pm

I am most intrigued with Gordon. But it would be a waste if he gets suspended for a year soon after we deal for him. High risk, possible high reward type deal.

Little is low risk and possibly low-to-average reward. Him on the outside, with Broyles in the slot, is better than anything we currently have, I bet this is our most-likely scenario.

Nate Washington would be similar to Little risk and reward-wise....but not sure the Titans make him available. I'm sure they'd rather deal Britt away, and I don't want him either.

Doubt the Jags make Shorts available, but that would be good.

Don't want anything to do with Cotchery.

Do the Cardinals view Floyd as a bust at this point? Maybe they make him available for a pick and/or LeShoure?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#8 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 am

The Reggie Bush plan of leading the Detroit Lions to the promised land is on its way. Since his arrival, things have changed, and the Detroit Lions have a brighter outlook and a fantastic future. But dayyuum, despite his efforts, the Lions seem to have idiots who keep getting in their own way, and seemed to have acquired their drivers licenses from Walmart.

But don't worry Lions fans...BELIEVE! After turning around a SAINTS franchise from Hurricanes and homelessness, Reggie will surely help the Lions achieve success this year!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#9 » by Lionlifer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:After turning around a SAINTS franchise from Hurricanes and homelessness, Reggie will surely help the Lions achieve success this year!

Can't tell if sarcasm, or just didn't realize Drew Brees was also on that team.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 pm

HEY, JUST BELIEVE!! REGGIE BUSH WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD AND BRING YOUR FRANCHISE THE JOY THEY HAVENT HAD IN SEVERAL DECADES!

As far as the Saints are concerned, when he arrived, LIFE came back to the city! JOY came back to the people. and CHAMPIONSHIPS arrived onto the scene. After he left, bounty scandal, shambles, they wont win another championship ever again.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Detroit Lions