ImageImageImageImage

2015 NFL Season Thread

Moderator: theBigLip

User avatar
Blkbrd671
RealGM
Posts: 29,826
And1: 4,452
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Guam,USA
       

2015 NFL Season Thread 

Post#1 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:40 am

First game in the books

Only one series for MAtty, however he looked good and accurate. The throw he made to Tate was with a defender closing in. Not much to take away from that other than its encouraging we scored a TD.

Our defense on the other hand looked crappy. Looking at the score board it tells a different story, however there were way to many wholes at the point of attack. Our run defense was one missed tackle away from a big gain. Again its hard to take anything away from one preseason with limited snaps, but i feel Ngata and Jones coming back is goign to make a big difference. Ansah also was disappaointing

Overall team looked good, however JEts also are learning new everything so not to take much from this but a encouraging start.
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 43,039
And1: 8,535
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: 2015 NFL Pre-Season Thread 

Post#2 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:48 am

Stafford look sharp tonight. Lions have weapons and a slew of solid receivers. They may need to air it out alot this year with this defense tho.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
User avatar
Blkbrd671
RealGM
Posts: 29,826
And1: 4,452
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Guam,USA
       

Re: 2015 NFL Pre-Season Thread 

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:38 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Stafford look sharp tonight. Lions have weapons and a slew of solid receivers. They may need to air it out alot this year with this defense tho.



He's looked sharp all preseason. Dare i say he looks to have pocket awareness. Really like what i have been seeing from him.


Defense:

i defense was roasted all first half however i did notice somethings

1.) Missing a ton of starters

2.)The play calling was very vanilla. It didn't seem we were attacking him from different angles like we normally did.

3.) We were 200 times better against the run this game

4.) Tulloch is a run stuffing machine, combined with whitehead,levy, and dig, i wouldn't want to be a receiver against the lions

5.) Slay looks good



Lastly, i truly hope we keep Zenner . He has much more upside than Wynn. and while wynn is good on ST, he's undersized, Where as Zenner is a tank.
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 43,039
And1: 8,535
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: 2015 NFL Pre-Season Thread 

Post#4 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:57 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Stafford look sharp tonight. Lions have weapons and a slew of solid receivers. They may need to air it out alot this year with this defense tho.



He's looked sharp all preseason. Dare i say he looks to have pocket awareness. Really like what i have been seeing from him.


Defense:

i defense was roasted all first half however i did notice somethings

1.) Missing a ton of starters

2.)The play calling was very vanilla. It didn't seem we were attacking him from different angles like we normally did.

3.) We were 200 times better against the run this game

4.) Tulloch is a run stuffing machine, combined with whitehead,levy, and dig, i wouldn't want to be a receiver against the lions

5.) Slay looks good



Lastly, i truly hope we keep Zenner . He has much more upside than Wynn. and while wynn is good on ST, he's undersized, Where as Zenner is a tank.


Zenner is a keeper. No way Lions let him go.

The season will be interesting on the Defensive side, but they may start to gel chemistry wise after a few games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stafford throw for over 5k yards and 40 td's tho.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
User avatar
Blkbrd671
RealGM
Posts: 29,826
And1: 4,452
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Guam,USA
       

Re: 2015 NFL Pre-Season Thread 

Post#5 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 12:30 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:Stafford look sharp tonight. Lions have weapons and a slew of solid receivers. They may need to air it out alot this year with this defense tho.



He's looked sharp all preseason. Dare i say he looks to have pocket awareness. Really like what i have been seeing from him.


Defense:

i defense was roasted all first half however i did notice somethings

1.) Missing a ton of starters

2.)The play calling was very vanilla. It didn't seem we were attacking him from different angles like we normally did.

3.) We were 200 times better against the run this game

4.) Tulloch is a run stuffing machine, combined with whitehead,levy, and dig, i wouldn't want to be a receiver against the lions

5.) Slay looks good



Lastly, i truly hope we keep Zenner . He has much more upside than Wynn. and while wynn is good on ST, he's undersized, Where as Zenner is a tank.


Zenner is a keeper. No way Lions let him go.

The season will be interesting on the Defensive side, but they may start to gel chemistry wise after a few games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Stafford throw for over 5k yards and 40 td's tho.


Last year we won on the shoulders of our defense most games. Stafford took care of the ball, and the defense put them in good positions to score. This year, hopefully, our offense also goes out and wins us games when our defense is struggling. Also our ST really needs to step up, i don't think Ross is the answer, though he's been showing out in the PReseason in the WR aspect
User avatar
Blkbrd671
RealGM
Posts: 29,826
And1: 4,452
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Guam,USA
       

Re: 2015 NFL Season Thread 

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:05 am

Alright boys Season's about to get underway, here are my predictions

Game 1: Win 27-24

Our team jumps out early lead, opponent ties it up going into forth. Prater seals it

Offensive players to watch:

Stafford for obvious reasons

Riddick and Ameer

Riddick has looked a lot better in the back field, and actually was gaining positive yards. I eventually have ameer taking over the role , however i think riddick still makes big plays.

Can ameer continue to fuel the train?

Defensive players:

Devin Taylor: Boys been wrecking it all offseason

Ansah: he's been mia, time to meet the hype

Extra:

Really curious to see what our run defense looks like

Return to Detroit Lions