The Other Draft Picks (Final Tally)

Moderator: theBigLip

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

The Other Draft Picks (Final Tally) 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:14 pm

I figure Calvin Johnson deserves his own thread.

So this is for our 2-7 round picks.

2 (43) Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
2 (58) Ikaika Alama-Francis, DT, Hawaii
2 (61) Gerald Alexander, CB, Boise State
4 (105) A.J. Davis, CB, N.C. State
4 (117) Manny Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
5 (158) Johnny Baldwin, LB, Alabama A&M
7 (255) Ramzee Robinson, CB, Alabama
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:27 pm

For the record, i am so pumped i get to watch my boy Drew play for the Lions! We have the future at Qb!
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#3 » by roc » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:31 pm

ajaX82 wrote:For the record, i am so pumped i get to watch my boy Drew play for the Lions! We have the future at Qb!
Me too

I grew up in Farmington Hills watching all those great Harrison teams and was hoping we would get Stanton. I posted that I hoped we would draft him in the other thread before we picked him. I feel like Nasty, I can see the future :lol:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Vinnie's Microwave
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Vinnie's Microwave » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:56 am

r0cd0gg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Me too

I grew up in Farmington Hills watching all those great Harrison teams and was hoping we would get Stanton. I posted that I hoped we would draft him in the other thread before we picked him. I feel like Nasty, I can see the future :lol:

Don't get me wrong - I am happy with Johnson and with Stanton, but I am seriously troubled with our defense and our OL - we need something else and we have not had a good track record of picks in the late rounds.
srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#5 » by srt4b » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:41 am

We have added players at skilled positions that we had covered. LOL. The gaoing hole of our putrid OL just got bigger & our Defense is going to get lit up. We are the joke of pro sports.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#6 » by roc » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:57 am

I was happy to get Stanton for local reasons, I probably still won't watch any games though.

I have no idea what holes the team needs filled as I stopped watching them years ago, disgusting organization. Lions do everything wrong at just the right time, like beating the Saints last year. If we would have gotten Reggie Bush I might have started to give a crap.

No Ford products for me thank you
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ajaX82 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:32 pm

We certainly went Defense later on; 3 Corners, a Linebacker and a Defenseive Tackle.

I like the DT pick and all the others really except for Gerald Alexander. He seems like a huge stretch: Yahoo said he is a "marginal top 250 prospect and a late second day pick," yet we got him in the second? Especially with some good corners like Hughes from Cal out there, this one baffles me. Otherwise solid
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#8 » by PistonFan4Life » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 am

ajaX82 wrote:For the record, i am so pumped i get to watch my boy Drew play for the Lions! We have the future at Qb!

Well don't get too pumped up for this coming season or even the next because unless Kitna get injured the only reps I think Stanton is going to take the next 2 years will be pre-season games. I think the kid will have a decent future here with us having Johnson and Williams at WR and Martz running the offense. But I am pretty pumped up regarding this coming season, I'm also worried about the defense as well but they shouldn't have to be on the field this year as much as what we are used to seeing now that we finally have something that looks like a high powered offense. I know a lot of people are laughing at me for this thought, but I don't think its too much of a stretch to think we can win the NFC North this year.
Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,667

Post#9 » by Cowology » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:12 am

I'm still worried about the O-line...
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#10 » by GJense4181 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:14 am

Blah.
I don't know who any of those people are besides Johnson and Stanton. and Stanton freaks out under pressure.
PistonFan4Life
Rookie

Post#11 » by PistonFan4Life » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Cowology wrote:I'm still worried about the O-line...

I can't say that I'm not concerned about it myself, but if Johnson is as good as people say he is then Kitna isn't going to have to hold on to the ball for very long. Just snap the ball, get to to the guys and let them be the playmakers they're supposed to be.

I still see a rough schedule outside of our division, but I think we can win almost every game in our division as long as the Offensive line is half way improved. Chicago can't cover both the WRs and they won't have the offense once again to score a whole lot of points. Then there Green Bay and Minnesota, I just see no way those teams have a good season once again.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#12 » by Fatty » Sun May 6, 2007 1:52 pm

the O line isnt that bad, Lions have 2 good Tackles in Backus and Foster. Its just the interior line needs more help. But the way we pass the ball (596 passes-304 rushes) the Guards and Center should be fine as long as we run to the outside every play....

Return to Detroit Lions