ImageImageImageImageImage

No effort from our players

edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

No effort from our players 

Post#1 » by edney2polynice_ » Sat Aug 4, 2007 4:59 am

I was just watching the game, top of the first, with 2 outs & Sweeney is on first...Robert is up at the plate and sends a double down the first baseline; Sweeney gets the signal to round third, the ball is relayed home bwfore Sweeney is even close to the plate...he does a half-ass slide and is out by a mile.

#1. Why was Sweeney aloud to run the bases? Bochy should have sub him out for a speedy runner.

#2. I don't care if you are 100 games out of first place, play with some god d-mn pride and plow the catcher over like a man.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#2 » by FaTaL » Sat Aug 4, 2007 5:39 am

its not effort, its talent. if bonds isnt hitting this team wont be scoring runs at all. bochy was probably afraid to take sweeny out because he already subbed bonds out with lewis.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#3 » by opzoneworld » Sat Aug 4, 2007 4:58 pm

I'm still waiting for this "youth movement" to start. Why is Feliz, Durham, Winn, and Roberts still starting? Granted, Winn is having a nice season overall but still, I was promised a youth movement and dam it I do not like waiting!
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#4 » by edney2polynice_ » Sat Aug 4, 2007 8:51 pm

FaTaL wrote:its not effort, its talent. if bonds isnt hitting this team wont be scoring runs at all. bochy was probably afraid to take sweeny out because he already subbed bonds out with lewis.

Davis was still available to come off the bench to pitch run for Sweeney. And everyone knows when you are on the road you play to WIN now, you don't want to settle for extra innings. You have to be more aggressive on the road than at home. And I would argue that when you are out of contention you should always be aggressive in close games...what do we have to lose?

The lack of effort I was referring to was Sweeney not plowing through the Padres catcher.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#5 » by FaTaL » Sun Aug 5, 2007 10:36 am

opzoneworld wrote:I'm still waiting for this "youth movement" to start. Why is Feliz, Durham, Winn, and Roberts still starting? Granted, Winn is having a nice season overall but still, I was promised a youth movement and dam it I do not like waiting!

all the youth is with the arms, there are no positional prospects worth looking forward to.

misch looked fine, another good arm
RayStats34
Veteran

Re: No effort from our players 

Post#6 » by RayStats34 » Mon Aug 6, 2007 12:40 am

edney2polynice_ wrote:I was just watching the game, top of the first, with 2 outs & Sweeney is on first...Robert is up at the plate and sends a double down the first baseline; Sweeney gets the signal to round third, the ball is relayed home bwfore Sweeney is even close to the plate...he does a half-ass slide and is out by a mile.

#1. Why was Sweeney aloud to run the bases? Bochy should have sub him out for a speedy runner.

#2. I don't care if you are 100 games out of first place, play with some god d-mn pride and plow the catcher over like a man.

I wish we got more effort from are bullpen.

Return to San Francisco Giants