Moderator: TyCobb

HCYanks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Re: Joe Morgan is brain dead 

Post#21 » by HCYanks » Mon Aug 6, 2007 10:06 pm

backer55 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Now i got to back up here and retrack my above statement. After watching the last few innings of this game it is obvious that something is wrong. Joe is not himself or at least not the Joe Morgan i've come to like and respect the last ten years or so.

He might be sick?...or something?
Brain dead?, i'm not buying.

It wasn't a fluke. He's always like this. I'd say he's second to only Tim McCarver in terms of spewing out random and/or incorrect nonsense during games.
stro4swift
Starter
And1: 0

Post#22 » by stro4swift » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:03 pm

Miller is the definition of charisma, I don't want him to leave SNB.

As for Morgan, well he's alright but that Castillo mistake was awful for real...
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#23 » by Dirty Water » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:33 pm

You're just coming to this conclusion now?

ESPN desperately needs Harold Reynolds back.
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#24 » by Dirty Water » Mon Aug 6, 2007 11:40 pm

Ayt wrote:I love www.firejoemorgan.com.

Joe Morgan thanked Frank Robinson for showing up in the announcers' booth to chat during tonight's Giants-Dodgers broadcast on ESPN. He then went on to say this, for everyone to see and hear:

"And I hope that when I retire I can get a job like yours where I'm paid to watch games!"

...A short pause. Berman then says, "You do that now, Joe!" Joe then cackles -- a madman's cackle. He knows he's not paid to watch games or analyze baseball. That would be insanity.

LOL!
dbenton
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#25 » by dbenton » Tue Aug 7, 2007 12:19 am

Morgan isn't the best announcer in the game, but he isn't terrible. I think he's better than McCarver, but not by much.

And Jon Miller is a lot better on local TV with the Giants as opposed to on ESPN.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Re: Joe Morgan is brain dead 

Post#26 » by backer55 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 1:41 am

HCYanks wrote:It wasn't a fluke. He's always like this. I'd say he's second to only Tim McCarver in terms of spewing out random and/or incorrect nonsense during games.

OK, OK... i get your point. That's to bad for Joe. Always had enjoyed his game, on and off the field.

Since Fox Sports Net Bay Area has been doing most of our games, i need not go further than there for excellent "home team rules" brodcasting. Kruke & Kype gotta be as good as it gets. LOVE those guys. They are funny beyond belief and just a couple great guys. Did i say i like them?

Miller does some games and is supposed to be the "Voice of the Giants" or something like that. He can be good, is knowledgable. does voices beyond equal, and does everything right, except,... pull for the Giants. I hate it when he hollers louder when the other team gets a hit or makes a great play. Hate it. I'd a fired his can long ago...voice of the giants... my rear end.

Tim McCarver? Turn the sound off. That guy makes me not like the game.
Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,063

Post#27 » by Raptor_Guy » Tue Aug 7, 2007 3:47 am

They should just let the Giants crew do games, I forget there names, I know one is Kuiper. They did a good job on the EA MVP Baseball video games. :nod:

I watch Giants games sometimes just because of them.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#28 » by studcrackers » Tue Aug 7, 2007 6:04 am

dbenton wrote:Morgan isn't the best announcer in the game, but he isn't terrible. I think he's better than McCarver, but not by much.

And Jon Miller is a lot better on local TV with the Giants as opposed to on ESPN.

picking between morgan and mccarver is like choosing which (Please Use More Appropriate Word) has a higher IQ. they're both horrible
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to The General MLB Board