ImageImage

Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 31,679
And1: 4,886
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1061 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:14 pm

With Aaron's declining mobility, I think we need to keep Bak. If the transition to Love comes sooner rather than later, I think LT would be a position where we can save some money.
Daver
Senior
Posts: 576
And1: 90
Joined: Feb 23, 2019
       

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1062 » by Daver » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 pm

As a packer fan i kinda envy teams like the seahags n the ravens you can always tell when teams are in to go for it and other teams that kinda sit on their ever widening asses and let every one else pass them buy.
Probably in the minority here but i would love to have AB opposite adams it would absolutely make that packer O feared instead of a yawn fest.
To read that the ravens n seahawks have had discussions on AB both good teams both knowing that adding a AB would improve a already great raven O and a seahawk O yet it would be nice just hearing about the packers wanting to go for it and bring in a cet wr like AB
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 19,202
And1: 7,274
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1063 » by M-C-G » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:24 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Reddeye wrote:
What if they thought after 6 wrs went in the 1st round there wasn't an option available that was a clear upgrade over what they had. On top of that they might have thought drafting a potential franchise QB was better than the wr potential on the board at their pick. Also the RB and TE they drafted might not be good players, but they look they they were drafted to improve the offense next season.


I think you are mistaking me here...I am on board with not taking a WR given how the board played out...the guys I wanted weren't there and I have no problem with getting guys for your system in rounds two and three. I'm fine with the entire draft actually.

My point, was that your typical fan feels like they are building for the future and giving Gute and MLF enough criticism, that if you don't like the number Bahk is asking for, you could trade him now and it wouldn't cause the typical blow back from the fans because those that are like Love are on board with future planning, those that hate the pick are already mad at the GM and coach. So trading a franchise LT right now could almost 'slip under the radar' so to speak.


Trading Bahk now would be a pure tank move. Wouldn’t exactly align with paying the Smith’s $30M this year, why not trade them too?

All depends what the numbers for extension are. I think I mentioned that aspect of it above somewhere


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 76,805
And1: 16,919
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
         

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1064 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:09 pm

Elite offensive lineman tend to age well (it seems, at least). Wouldn't have a problem making a Bak extension priority number one that takes him through his 33 or 34 season.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 19,202
And1: 7,274
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1065 » by M-C-G » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:59 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Elite offensive lineman tend to age well (it seems, at least). Wouldn't have a problem making a Bak extension priority number one that takes him through his 33 or 34 season.

I could be mistaken but the last two years seem to have Dave a bit banged up. And I think this last season might have been one of his worst based on PFF ratings but that is going from shoddy memory so might be wrong.

Let me be clear, I love the dude and happy to have him here for a long time but we have a ton of guys we need to make tough decisions on and I think if we traded him it would give us a prime draft asset plus allow us to keep other dudes that would be gone if we resign him.

And I get why people would not want to do it. I do.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Reddeye
Rookie
Posts: 1,008
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 01, 2004

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1066 » by Reddeye » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:25 am

After an uncharacteristic start to his season, Green Bay Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari locked in and ended 2019 on an impressive streak of pass-blocking dominance.

According to Pro Football Focus, Bakhtiari played 383 straight pass-blocking snaps from Week 10 through the postseason without giving a single sack. The streak lasted the final nine games of the Packers’ season, including the team’s two playoff games.

During eight of the nine games, Bakhtiari allowed two pressures or fewer, including just one pressure allowed in seven of the games. Four of his top five pass-blocking grades came after Week 14. Also, Bakhtiari didn’t have a single penalty during the final six games after committing 11 over the first 12 games.


https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/15/packers-lt-david-bakhtiari-ended-last-season-on-impressive-streak/
User avatar
Finn
Rookie
Posts: 1,241
And1: 1,187
Joined: Aug 14, 2009
       

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1067 » by Finn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:05 pm

Daver wrote:As a packer fan i kinda envy teams like the seahags n the ravens you can always tell when teams are in to go for it and other teams that kinda sit on their ever widening asses and let every one else pass them buy.
Probably in the minority here but i would love to have AB opposite adams it would absolutely make that packer O feared instead of a yawn fest.
To read that the ravens n seahawks have had discussions on AB both good teams both knowing that adding a AB would improve a already great raven O and a seahawk O yet it would be nice just hearing about the packers wanting to go for it and bring in a cet wr like AB

:rofl: :lol: :rofl2:

Some teams just don't want to try to win! News at 11. :reporter:
User avatar
LikeABosh
RealGM
Posts: 15,541
And1: 4,449
Joined: Jun 15, 2011

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1068 » by LikeABosh » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Damn, we're still talking about bringing in AB?
RRyder823
Head Coach
Posts: 6,131
And1: 2,544
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1069 » by RRyder823 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 am

LikeABosh wrote:Damn, we're still talking about bringing in AB?
Not "we". One poster. One single one that has said he just wants to make a move for the sake of making a move before

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 19,202
And1: 7,274
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1071 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:36 pm

Love's contract via spotrac

Jordan Love signed a 4 year, $12,383,453 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,566,148 signing bonus, $12,383,453 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,095,863


5th year option.

Rodgers annual salary will be 33.5M for comparison.
Treebeard
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,794
And1: 1,051
Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Location: Out in the Driftless Area
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1072 » by Treebeard » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:33 pm

M-C-G wrote:Love's contract via spotrac

Jordan Love signed a 4 year, $12,383,453 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,566,148 signing bonus, $12,383,453 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,095,863


5th year option.

Rodgers annual salary will be 33.5M for comparison.


It does appear they've doubled down on Love(no pun intended), with a full? guarantee. I gather that hasn't been done before on a guy picked at #26. I'm not sure what to make of that.
*******************************************************
Profound23
RealGM
Posts: 12,485
And1: 1,839
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1073 » by Profound23 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:30 am

I have no problem with it being fully guaranteed. More than 50% was in the signing bonus alone. He was going to get all of that money either way.
Kfarm2711
Junior
Posts: 473
And1: 145
Joined: Nov 09, 2017
 

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1075 » by Kfarm2711 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:09 pm

Njoku wants a trade. Any interest?
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 26,993
And1: 9,672
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1076 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:37 pm

I'd definitely want Njoku at the right price.
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 19,202
And1: 7,274
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1077 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 3, 2020 9:58 pm

Treebeard wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Love's contract via spotrac

Jordan Love signed a 4 year, $12,383,453 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,566,148 signing bonus, $12,383,453 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,095,863


5th year option.

Rodgers annual salary will be 33.5M for comparison.


It does appear they've doubled down on Love(no pun intended), with a full? guarantee. I gather that hasn't been done before on a guy picked at #26. I'm not sure what to make of that.

If you traded up,to get him, knowing he would likely be sitting 2 years, you are probably planning on giving him two years to show his stuff anyway.

I’d guess this is pretty typical?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Reddeye
Rookie
Posts: 1,008
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 01, 2004

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1078 » by Reddeye » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:57 am

humanrefutation wrote:I'd definitely want Njoku at the right price.


Packers drafted a TE in the last two drafts. I doubt they would give up much for him plus he is a free agent in 2 years.
stillgotgame
Rookie
Posts: 1,051
And1: 453
Joined: May 27, 2005

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1079 » by stillgotgame » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:40 pm

Reddeye wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I'd definitely want Njoku at the right price.


Packers drafted a TE in the last two drafts. I doubt they would give up much for him plus he is a free agent in 2 years.



Rodgers advances stats were a huge step higher when Jared Cook was on the field. Njoku has similar rare athleticism, not sure if he’s capable of putting it to good use though. Also interesting that he’s been in the league 3 years yet is still younger than Sternberger.

https://www.stack.com/a/cleveland-browns-te-david-njoku-is-the-biggest-freak-in-this-years-nfl-draft
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 31,679
And1: 4,886
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones 

Post#1080 » by Mags FTW » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:40 pm

He's due $6 mil next year, but no dead cap hit if he is cut. We're projected to get a comp 4th for Martinez. I would trade that.

Return to Green Bay Packers