ImageImage

2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Funchess Opts Out

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Frank Nova
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,217

Re: 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread: Funchess Opts Out 

Post#22 » by Frank Nova » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:13 pm

Would love to sign Everton Griffen. The pass rush would ultimately be tops in the league. That’s a needle mover if you ask me. We could even get back into psycho packages with Clark as the only down block eater. Clark, Z, P, Gary, Griffen and Kirksey all rushing and room for a 5th DB. If the offensive plan is to ground and pound and utilize Rodgers efficiencies, we are gonna have to be dominant on 3rd downs on defense. Signing a player like Griffen makes that easily more feasible.
Giannis is God. Defend the paint, save the world. RIP 8-24 GOAT
LittleRooster
Head Coach
And1: 1,664

Post#23 » by LittleRooster » Mon Aug 3, 2020 12:39 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 3,067

Post#24 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:15 am

It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.
th87
Head Coach
And1: 3,661

Post#25 » by th87 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:24 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.

CTE doesn't kill your grandfather.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 3,067

Post#26 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Aug 3, 2020 11:56 pm

th87 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It's their choice but find it interesting these guys risk CTE and other degenerative injuries would opt out for this virus. Don't get me wrong, I think it's dumb they are having a season in a pandemic but from a personal risk it is so low. Just be smart and just quarantine yourself from your family for a couple months.

CTE doesn't kill your grandfather.

COVID doesn't kill your grandfather if you are smart about it. Maybe he normally has a mom or dad live with him and that is why he is opting out but most guys only see their extended family during the bye-week. Take a test, quarantine, then carefully visit your family. I think that is probably safer than most of us who have been to grocery stores or work but don't have luxury of access to testing.

I don't blame him and applaud him for putting family first. I just think the risk is low to him personally as an athlete, and extremely low of passing it on to an at-risk family member if he is smart about it. (I don't know his background so maybe is wife/gf is at-risk or a young kid at home which would obviously explain it).

All I'm trying to say is, It's not so much I'm surprised people would opt if they can with millions in their pocket. It's that they don't do that when it comes to protecting their brains/body. Every time i see Rodgers get hit, guy has $100m+, intelligent as hell, and in the prime of his life. I'm retiring at 30 if I'm him. (Then again that is just one of the many reasons I never made it past JV in any sport)

Return to Green Bay Packers