ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,703

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#101 » by Profound23 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:39 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I have to declare my keeper today. Our draft is in a week. Leaning Melvin Gordon. My two other options are Jordy or "no keeper." Are we absolutely sold on Melvin Gordon? Why or why not? Thanks.

I think they are so equal that if it's PPR I keep Jordy, if not I keep Gordon. It would also come down to who else you can get in the draft.

Is it possible someone drops a WR around Jordy's production?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,423

Post#102 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:59 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I have to declare my keeper today. Our draft is in a week. Leaning Melvin Gordon. My two other options are Jordy or "no keeper." Are we absolutely sold on Melvin Gordon? Why or why not? Thanks.

I'm not sold on Gordan at all, but given he is going late first or early second, seems like a good keeper option, just expect regression on the TD in my opinion.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,215

Post#103 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Profound23 wrote:

I think they are so equal that if it's PPR I keep Jordy, if not I keep Gordon. It would also come down to who else you can get in the draft.

Not a PPR. Keepers are Julio, David Johnson, Leveon, AntBrown, Mike Evans, and Gordon if I decide to do so. If I don't keep someone I would have the third pick of the keeper round (1st round). Guessing Odell will for sure be off the board by my pick and don't have any interest in Jordan Howard or Jay Ajayi, and prefer Gordon to McCoy and Devonte Freeman. Most likely I'd be choosing between my two keeper options anyway in Melvin and Jordy, but prefer Melvin so I'm leaning towards keeping him.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,215

Post#104 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:32 pm

M-C-G wrote:

I'm not sold on Gordan at all, but given he is going late first or early second, seems like a good keeper option, just expect regression on the TD in my opinion.

Yeah I think I am sold on him because he's young, improving, and an every down back. Not to mention a home run threat every time he touches the ball. I would just be interested in seeing a legitimate case for someone else.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#105 » by DigitalFool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Anyone have good strategy tips for an auction draft? Doing my first one in a couple weeks.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#106 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:40 pm

DigitalFool wrote:Anyone have good strategy tips for an auction draft? Doing my first one in a couple weeks.

I have only done baseball, but found it effective to only nominate players I didn't really want and try to deplete others budget by hoping they get into bidding wars on guys you think are overrated.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#107 » by DigitalFool » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 am

M-C-G wrote:
DigitalFool wrote:Anyone have good strategy tips for an auction draft? Doing my first one in a couple weeks.

I have only done baseball, but found it effective to only nominate players I didn't really want and try to deplete others budget by hoping they get into bidding wars on guys you think are overrated.

I agree, that is what I was thinking. This is year 2 of this league and I'm replacing a manager. I have the 'luxury' of being able to review the results from last year so I can at least so how the other managers approached the auction style, everyone probably learned a lot. Out of the 12 managers, only 3 spent everything and even one manager left $27 left of their $200. That was interesting.

I'm tempted to use the ALL IN stud strategy. Get DJ and Bell (or possible Zeke) to load up on the top RBs. It would probably cost me $120-130, leaving $70 for the rest of my team. A major gamble, but could be a big payoff if I don't screw up the bargain players. I could easily have a starting roster of:

QB Rivers $2
RB DJ $64
RB Bell $62
WR Garcon $7
WR Fitz $13
TE Ertz $2
FLEX McCaffrey $22
DEF $1
K $1
RB Powell $11 <- I'd consider starting in flex
RB Kelley $3
WR Diggs $7
QB Dalton $2
TE Henry $2

(using avg ESPN results - have $1 left)

Always a couple gems on the waivers for WR throughout the season.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,648

Post#108 » by Frank Nova » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Need to decide on a keeper. As much of a homer as this sounds like (although I am) my choices are narrowed down to Davante Adams or Ty Montgomery. Im only losing a 16th round pick for keeping either. I'm trying to talk myself into Monty being regarded higher but I'm struggling with this whole mysterious leg injury he's sitting out for. If this has anything to do with the sickle cell trait he suffers from, this can be a lingering issue and I can't have that. DA is in a contract year and coming off a top 10 WR season. I know Monty is the slightly higher value as a top 15ish RB but the injury concern is huge and how sold are we that he's a capable blocker in pass protection and will stay on the field consistently even when he's healthy?

I feel like the question marks surrounding Monty are glaring and DA is much safer with slightly less upside. Who would you keep between the 2?

I lost in the championship last year, it's a keeper league with the same guys for the last decade and I've won the league twice and lost in 4 other ships so I'm out for vengeance this year again. it's imperative I make the right decision and that's why I'm leaning towards DA because it's safe. I pick 11th and already out a 3rd round pick from a trade last year so whoever I keep is essentially my 3rd rounder if anyone wants to take that into consideration as well... thanks in advance.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#109 » by M-C-G » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:08 am

weezybaby856 wrote:Need to decide on a keeper. As much of a homer as this sounds like (although I am) my choices are narrowed down to Davante Adams or Ty Montgomery. Im only losing a 16th round pick for keeping either. I'm trying to talk myself into Monty being regarded higher but I'm struggling with this whole mysterious leg injury he's sitting out for. If this has anything to do with the sickle cell trait he suffers from, this can be a lingering issue and I can't have that. DA is in a contract year and coming off a top 10 WR season. I know Monty is the slightly higher value as a top 15ish RB but the injury concern is huge and how sold are we that he's a capable blocker in pass protection and will stay on the field consistently even when he's healthy?

I feel like the question marks surrounding Monty are glaring and DA is much safer with slightly less upside. Who would you keep between the 2?

I lost in the championship last year, it's a keeper league with the same guys for the last decade and I've won the league twice and lost in 4 other ships so I'm out for vengeance this year again. it's imperative I make the right decision and that's why I'm leaning towards DA because it's safe. I pick 11th and already out a 3rd round pick from a trade last year so whoever I keep is essentially my 3rd rounder if anyone wants to take that into consideration as well... thanks in advance.

Personally I love the RB depth in the draft this year. So if it is 3 WR I go DA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,648

Post#110 » by Frank Nova » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:28 am

M-C-G wrote:
weezybaby856 wrote:Need to decide on a keeper. As much of a homer as this sounds like (although I am) my choices are narrowed down to Davante Adams or Ty Montgomery. Im only losing a 16th round pick for keeping either. I'm trying to talk myself into Monty being regarded higher but I'm struggling with this whole mysterious leg injury he's sitting out for. If this has anything to do with the sickle cell trait he suffers from, this can be a lingering issue and I can't have that. DA is in a contract year and coming off a top 10 WR season. I know Monty is the slightly higher value as a top 15ish RB but the injury concern is huge and how sold are we that he's a capable blocker in pass protection and will stay on the field consistently even when he's healthy?

Yeah I mean it's a 1pt PPR league and I'm always the type to stock up on elite WRs and go for the Danny Woodheads and Duke Johnsons at RB in the mid rounds and I've been pretty successful with that strategy the past few years or so. It's a 2 Rb, 2 WR, 1 TE and flex format. So I'd be keeping DA as my WR2 or Monty as my RB2 and/or flex.

I keep leaning towards DA myself. Marty and Cobb in the middle of the field and Jordy demanding most attention on the outside should make for a ton of 1v1 for DA against CB2's and Rodgers will exploit those matchups like crazy.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#111 » by M-C-G » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 pm

For what it is worth, fantasypros has the best mock draft simulator I have seen. Would def give it a try.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#112 » by M-C-G » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:18 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Yeah I mean it's a 1pt PPR league and I'm always the type to stock up on elite WRs and go for the Danny Woodheads and Duke Johnsons at RB in the mid rounds and I've been pretty successful with that strategy the past few years or so. It's a 2 Rb, 2 WR, 1 TE and flex format. So I'd be keeping DA as my WR2 or Monty as my RB2 and/or flex.

I keep leaning towards DA myself. Marty and Cobb in the middle of the field and Jordy demanding most attention on the outside should make for a ton of 1v1 for DA against CB2's and Rodgers will exploit those matchups like crazy.

I find myself liking the teams where I go WR, WR, QB (if I can get Rodgers or Brady) and then just assault the RB with guys like Mcaffrey, Cook, Mixon, Hyde, Lacy, Henry and then just try to sneak Martavis Bryant and Martellus Bennet in there.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#113 » by M-C-G » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Perine, Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, Donta Freeman, Tarik Cohen all later round guys that flashed this weekend
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,703

Post#114 » by Profound23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

M-C-G wrote:Perine, Marlon Mack, Kareem Hunt, Donta Freeman, Tarik Cohen all later round guys that flashed this weekend

James Connor too for the Bell owners especially.
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#115 » by BucksPackers » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Not a PPR. Keepers are Julio, David Johnson, Leveon, AntBrown, Mike Evans, and Gordon if I decide to do so. If I don't keep someone I would have the third pick of the keeper round (1st round). Guessing Odell will for sure be off the board by my pick and don't have any interest in Jordan Howard or Jay Ajayi, and prefer Gordon to McCoy and Devonte Freeman. Most likely I'd be choosing between my two keeper options anyway in Melvin and Jordy, but prefer Melvin so I'm leaning towards keeping him.

How many people are in this league 4?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#116 » by M-C-G » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

How many people are in this league 4?

Not his keepers, but all the teams keepers.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#117 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:52 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:12 team keeper league - Able to keep one player from the previous season, but lose the draft pick where you drafted him.

So my question -
Do i keep David Johnson and forfeit my 1st rd pick

or

Do i keep Melvin Gordon and forfeit my 5th rd pick

So the draft order is set, I get the 2nd overall pick. Bell will be available.

Leaning towards keeping Gordon and then taking either Bell or Johnson with the 2nd overall pick.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,193
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#118 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Yeah that's a no-brainer now.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#119 » by M-C-G » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:34 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:12 team keeper league - Able to keep one player from the previous season, but lose the draft pick where you drafted him.

So my question -
Do i keep David Johnson and forfeit my 1st rd pick

or

Do i keep Melvin Gordon and forfeit my 5th rd pick

So the draft order is set, I get the 2nd overall pick. Bell will be available.

Leaning towards keeping Gordon and then taking either Bell or Johnson with the 2nd overall pick.

I think you literally just found yourself in the only conceivable way it makes sense to not keep DJ, its like the universe is leading you and Bell will go #1 and you get both DJ and Gordon.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#120 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Hmmm, in a keeper league with the 5th pick and pretty sure DJ, Zeke, Brown, Bell, Julio will all be off the board. Was thinking OBJ or Mike Evans, with a pretty strong preference to contract year OBJ, but now I am not so sure.

Return to Green Bay Packers