Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Keke Released

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions 

Post#141 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:00 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If he's cleared Saturday then he's playing. 100%

He could already be testing negative for all we know, the speed of getting the monoclonal antibodies in your system play a huge part in recovery time.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,767

Post#142 » by chonestown » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:26 pm

Eh, I know he had some good years, but I wouldn't sign OJ. Not enough tread on the tire and has kind of a checkered history from what I can tell. Hard past.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,340

Post#143 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:22 am

Read on Twitter
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Fined $300K for Violation of COVID Protocols 

Post#144 » by RubberSoul » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Fined $300K for Violation of COVID Protocols 

Post#145 » by skones » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:18 am

You have an opportunity to make your football team better for cheap. The guy wants to play with you. Don't **** it up.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,181

Post#146 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:51 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,163

Post#147 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#148 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Bakhtiari has to be activated today or he's out for the season so I imagine that happens. It doesn't mean he'll play Sunday though.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#149 » by Daver » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:34 pm

skones wrote:You have an opportunity to make your football team better for cheap. The guy wants to play with you. Don't **** it up.

Absolutely agree dude wants to play here will be a cheap get will bring a new dimension to the #2 wr rogers wants him.Absolutely zero reason that gute. should screw this up.If he does he isnt all in.Gute dont even consider screwing this up he wants to play here.Typical packers FO not be aggressive on a guy i think will olay his ass off for rogers
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#150 » by MoMM » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Only the fact of having him in the field will make the other team think twice if they will double-team Adams, etc. It changes their game plan even if he isn't targeted, IMO.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#151 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Bakhtiari will be activated today
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,320

Re: Packers News, Trades, Transactions - Bakh Activated from PUP 

Post#152 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 965

Post#153 » by vegaspacker » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:20 pm

Let's bring in OBJ, it appears to be out of control at the moment anyway. The window appears to be staring at a Randy Johnson fastball. Adam's stating that he IMHO. contact with him, potentially reduces the actuality of this happening imho.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#154 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Daver wrote:
skones wrote:You have an opportunity to make your football team better for cheap. The guy wants to play with you. Don't **** it up.

Absolutely agree dude wants to play here will be a cheap get will bring a new dimension to the #2 wr rogers wants him.Absolutely zero reason that gute. should screw this up.If he does he isnt all in.Gute dont even consider screwing this up he wants to play here.Typical packers FO not be aggressive on a guy i think will olay his ass off for rogers
The Packers reportedly are in on him. He gets to decide where he goes. Not sure what else you're looking for here. If he goes someplace else it's not like they didn't 'try'.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#155 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:54 am

Daver wrote:

What else is Gute supposed to do? We already supposedly offered him a deal and Adams has reached out to him, the ball is in OBJ's court.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#156 » by skones » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 am

WRau1 wrote:
Daver wrote:

What else is Gute supposed to do? We already supposedly offered him a deal and Adams has reached out to him, the ball is in OBJ's court.

I agree it's in his court, but this comes down to salesmanship. I can't be the only one here who's had two different job offers for the same amount of money and had to choose between the two. I CERTAINLY don't think I'm the only one here in sales, so It's just really not as simple as saying, "here, sign." I want to stress that because it's not like that EVER. There's always feel good BS in between. The pitch. We have a really really good pitch. The vision. If we don't end up with him, I'll assume the delivery of that was less than.

This isn't on Adams, this is on Gute telling OBJ, this is what we envision, you, single coverage, Davante, a ring, you NEED to do this with us, make us complete, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. It's a major part of sports we're not privy to, but it matters. It's not a GMs job to put a number on a piece of paper. It's a GMs job to close the deal.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#157 » by raysbookclub » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:35 am

Beckham wants to win a SB AND get as much money as he can. GB offers him a chance to win a SB, but maybe KC or NO is offering more money. Yep, ball is in his corner, he has to see that he can't have his cake and eat it too and make his choice.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#158 » by MoMM » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:14 pm

raysbookclub wrote:Beckham wants to win a SB AND get as much money as he can. GB offers him a chance to win a SB, but maybe KC or NO is offering more money. Yep, ball is in his corner, he has to see that he can't have his cake and eat it too and make his choice.

Wouldn't anything less than 4M be the same thing for him? Cleveland is already paying his salary to this limit.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#159 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:17 pm

skones wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
Daver wrote:

I agree it's in his court, but this comes down to salesmanship. I can't be the only one here who's had two different job offers for the same amount of money and had to choose between the two. I CERTAINLY don't think I'm the only one here in sales, so It's just really not as simple as saying, "here, sign." I want to stress that because it's not like that EVER. There's always feel good BS in between. The pitch. We have a really really good pitch. The vision. If we don't end up with him, I'll assume the delivery of that was less than.

This isn't on Adams, this is on Gute telling OBJ, this is what we envision, you, single coverage, Davante, a ring, you NEED to do this with us, make us complete, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. It's a major part of sports we're not privy to, but it matters. It's not a GMs job to put a number on a piece of paper. It's a GMs job to close the deal.

We've recntly had a few free agents choose the Packers over other teams that were offering the same cash so I'm going off the assumption that his sales pitch is just fine.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,345

Post#160 » by crkone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:23 pm

WRau1 wrote:
skones wrote:
WRau1 wrote:

We've recntly had a few free agents choose the Packers over other teams that were offering the same cash so I'm going off the assumption that his sales pitch is just fine.

Yeah I'm guessing it was more like "Here is what we offer. Go shop around and we'll match that offer."

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers