ImageImage

McShay's First Mock Draft

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,400

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Dec 7, 2007 10:33 pm

If for some reason the draft went that way and Jones wasn't an option, I'd probably elect to take Gosder Cherilus. BC knows how to crank out those O-Linemen.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#22 » by El Duderino » Sat Dec 8, 2007 1:04 am

DrugBust wrote:After factoring injury risk I'd probably still take CJ over Peterson.

Not me

Peterson is the most dynamic RB to enter the NFL in quite awhile, even more than LT in San Diego. Plus, give me a great back over a great WR any day. Great backs don't need a great line to be very productive, a top WR needs a QB and at times a system that fits his skills.

I understand the injury concerns with Peterson, but he is so silly good that i couldn't pass him up for anyone in that draft besides maybe Russell if he becomes a franchise QB.

I'd also take Joe Thomas over Johnson if i was the Lions. Their offensive line has been crap for ages and the chance to get a 10 year franchise LT isn't something i'd pass on if i was the Lions GM. They proved last year that they could field a good WR core without adding another top 5 draft pick WR, but their line is still in desperate need of a franchise tackle.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 8, 2007 4:09 am

I'd probably take Peterson 3rd.

You can't understate the risk you run with him due to his injury history. That was the knock on him coming out of college and he's already missed games in the NFL. He's just asking to get hurt with that running style.

1 - Thomas
2 - Johnson
3 - Peterson
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,843

Post#24 » by Ayt » Sat Dec 8, 2007 4:15 am

There is also no way I don't take Peterson first.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#25 » by eagle13 » Sat Dec 8, 2007 5:10 pm

Peterson
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,655

Post#26 » by Profound23 » Sun Dec 9, 2007 9:39 pm

I want Antoine Cason.
BuckPack
Starter
And1: 802

Post#27 » by BuckPack » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:17 pm

I'm with DB and Ayt and others here...definitely would take CJ over Peterson. I love Peterson, and did last year, but I think than marginal difference between elite and very good wrs is far bigger than that at RB. Not a knock on Peterson, just representative of the large quantity of solid RB prospects out there.

As far as Gosder, DB...he's an absolute monster, but he had a far better year at RT than he did this past year at LT. Had some trouble with the speedier rushers at FSU in particular, although he did handle Calais Campbell pretty well. you could make an all pro team out of BC OL and while I certainly think Gosder will be a very, very solid pro, I'm not sure if it will be at LT (although this was his first experience there and he does have the size for it...)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:25 pm

Yea, that's why I'd take him. Tauscher's contract is up after 2008 and I think Cherlius could come in and take his place.

Some guys are just natural fits on the right side. Jammal Brown looked like an All-Pro at RT. He made the switch to left and has been a turnstile.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#29 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 am

I couldn't find a draft thread, so I'll throw this in here.

DB might have noticed, maybe some others (not sure who visits NFLDC, or maybe you heard this elsewhere), but Mario Urrutia and Kenny Phillips have declared themselves draft eligible.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:52 am

Hard to say whether or not Urrutia made a decent move or not.

I really dislike this class of WRs, though next season doesn't look much better.

It's not like he won't have an elite QB throwing him the ball Cantwell is a stud.

I think he should have stayed.

For some reason I suspect Phillips drops. Sub-par season, Miami's terrible. Great physical ability and it's not as if Miami hasn't produced outstanding safeties in the past.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the 20s.

Return to Green Bay Packers