ImageImage

Orange Bowl Game Thread/Bowl Season Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,850

Re: Orange Bowl Game Thread/Bowl Season Thread 

Post#341 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:45 am

Honestly, I am yet to meet anyone in Georgia that really cares about the Falcons. I'm sure they have fans, obviously, but the care like we care for Green Bay isn't a thing.

But UGA...they're crazy. The state will be in rough shape.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#342 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:48 am

trwi7 wrote:Fromm is a moron but how does Chubb have 4 more carries than Michel? 18 carries for 25 yards vs 14 carries for 98 yards. So dumb.

I was relatively even keeled all game, because I only peripherally care, but I was yelling about this. It was so obvious they needed to utilize Michel more and stop giving Chubb the ball.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,449

Post#343 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:50 am

Chubb is like the worst back to have against the Alabama defense and it was obvious from the first few carries for each which one was going to be more productive.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#344 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:52 am

Chubb is a **** diety down here which I am assuming plays into it at some level.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,370

Post#345 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:54 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Fromm is a moron but how does Chubb have 4 more carries than Michel? 18 carries for 25 yards vs 14 carries for 98 yards. So dumb.

I was relatively even keeled all game, because I only peripherally care, but I was yelling about this. It was so obvious they needed to utilize Michel more and stop giving Chubb the ball.

It’s like having your coach stop giving the ball to your RB who is averaging 13 yards a carry, so that he can let your garbage QB throw 30 times.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=332570009
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,370

Post#346 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:57 am

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,449

Post#347 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 9, 2018 5:58 am

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#348 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:55 pm

UCF jumped Wisconsin for #6 in the final AP poll.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,191
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#349 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 9, 2018 3:02 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:UCF jumped Wisconsin for #6 in the final AP poll.

I don't have much of an issue with it. I think that OSU and Alabama generally deserve the ratings bump in playoff scenarios and such because they truly are just better a lot of the time, but I do think that if OSU and Wisconsin were flipped, OSU probably hangs on at #5 or #6 if they had the season the Badgers did.

But I can't complain with those rankings (nor is it a huge deal). The playoff teams are top 4, OSU looked dominant in their bowl and beat the Badgers, and UCF can have their consolation rise in the rankings. It's fine.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#350 » by El Duderino » Tue Jan 9, 2018 9:24 pm

That was so baffling. Chubb didn't have the quickness to be productive vs that Bama defense and it was obvious, yet he kept getting the ball. How does that happen?

The Georgia coaches choked. Besides giving Chubb so many carries, they got so conservative in the 2nd half and OT. In the 2nd half they were just praying that they could bleed out the clock, but it should have been clear that they needed more points and to do so, it had to be how they scored in the first half by throwing the ball on early downs.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,191
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#351 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Jan 9, 2018 9:36 pm

El Duderino wrote:

That was so baffling. Chubb didn't have the quickness to be productive vs that Bama defense and it was obvious, yet he kept getting the ball. How does that happen?

The Georgia coaches choked. Besides giving Chubb so many carries, they got so conservative in the 2nd half and OT. In the 2nd half they were just praying that they could bleed out the clock, but it should have been clear that they needed more points and to do so, it had to be how they scored in the first half by throwing the ball on early downs.

Most of their success in the first half did not come from passing on early downs. Their TD drive in the 1st half did have one nice pass on a 1st down. Most of their scoring in the 1st half came from running the ball on 3rd and long or long-developing passing plays working out on 3rd and long (and their long TD in the 3rd quarter also came from this).

It was a mixed bag but I think they ran out of luck on sneaking big plays past Alabama. Basically all of their scoring came from big plays on 3rd downs, much of it was long runs.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,239

Post#352 » by midranger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

It’s like having your coach stop giving the ball to your RB who is averaging 13 yards a carry, so that he can let your garbage QB throw 30 times.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=332570009

I figured that link was to the 2014 LSU game. Works just as well.

Andersen was a **** coach.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
darklotus66
Senior
And1: 10

Post#353 » by darklotus66 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey, I was at that game!

Return to Green Bay Packers