ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#61 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:46 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:First time doing a 16 team league, .5 PPR and 4 pts passing TD

Should be interesting, looking for sleepers is always my favorite part

I am still devising my strategy for a 16 team league I am doing for the first time too. My thought is to try and lock down either the RB or WR positions early and then just go massive quantity on the other one. I feel like a lot of guys in this league might not be all that well versed on all the rookies, so thinking I will lock in my WR first (depending on where I end up picking, i'm not passing on the big RB at the top of the draft) and then go for McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon and just wait to see which of those guys is the most viable.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#62 » by M-C-G » Wed Aug 9, 2017 12:56 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I'm seriously considering taking McCaffrey in the fifth pick in a keeper league I am in. It is PPR, and the first round is more like the fourth round given the number of keepers. The more I read and watch him, the more I get a Marshall Faulk vibe from him and I want in.

With Cams shoulder being hurt, I have a feeling they are really going to find a lot of ways to get him the ball. I think he has the best year of the rookie RB and this is a pretty stacked class with Cook, Fournette, Mixon all looking like day 1 starters right now

That's a good spot for him. Who else could you take? Cook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect best available according to ADP will be
Jay Ajayi
Doug Baldwin
Leonard Fournette - I think the guy before me is locked into him
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryius Thomas
Isaiah Crowell
Tom Brady
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Terrelle Pryor
Sammy Watkins
Joe Mixon
Christian McCaffrey
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Reed
Martavis Bryant

I am not even remotely excited by any of the guys until Pryor on that list, especially because whomever I draft will have a strong shot at being my keeper for the next three years, so it is worth reaching on a guy like McCaffrey/Mixon/Cook IMO.

I think ideally I would go McCaffrey in the first, Mixon in the second, Martavis Bryant in the third....that would make the base of my team after three rounds;

RB: McCaffrey, Mixon
WR: Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Martavis Bryant
TE: Gronk

I think I will hit the PPR running backs hard, prioritize guys like Woodhead (who I think can have a really big year), Perkins, James White, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#63 » by LittleRooster » Wed Aug 9, 2017 7:19 pm

M-C-G wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
M-C-G wrote:I'm seriously considering taking McCaffrey in the fifth pick in a keeper league I am in. It is PPR, and the first round is more like the fourth round given the number of keepers. The more I read and watch him, the more I get a Marshall Faulk vibe from him and I want in.

With Cams shoulder being hurt, I have a feeling they are really going to find a lot of ways to get him the ball. I think he has the best year of the rookie RB and this is a pretty stacked class with Cook, Fournette, Mixon all looking like day 1 starters right now

Jay Ajayi
Doug Baldwin
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryius Thomas
Isaiah Crowell
Tom Brady
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Terrelle Pryor
Sammy Watkins
Joe Mixon
Christian McCaffrey
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Reed
Martavis Bryant

I am not even remotely excited by any of the guys until Pryor on that list, especially because whomever I draft will have a strong shot at being my keeper for the next three years, so it is worth reaching on a guy like McCaffrey/Mixon/Cook IMO.

I think ideally I would go McCaffrey in the first, Mixon in the second, Martavis Bryant in the third....that would make the base of my team after three rounds;

I think I will hit the PPR running backs hard, prioritize guys like Woodhead (who I think can have a really big year), Perkins, James White, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick

Oh I see. Derrick Henry might be a good option too.

Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,639

Post#64 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:41 am

LittleRooster wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

Jay Ajayi
Doug Baldwin
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryius Thomas
Isaiah Crowell
Tom Brady
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Terrelle Pryor
Sammy Watkins
Joe Mixon
Christian McCaffrey
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Reed
Martavis Bryant

Henry is my breakout player
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,381

Post#65 » by RiotPunch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 am

Drafted my first 10-teamer tonight.

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Sammy Watkins
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Carlos Hyde
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLEX: C.J. Anderson
K: Cairo Santos
DEF: NY Giants

BENCH
Golden Tate
Larry Fitzgerald
Derrick Henry
Doug Martin
Stefon Diggs
Eric Ebron

Feel pretty good about it. Julio, Watkins (contract year), Gronk, Murray (or Henry) all have the potential to be top producers any given week. Anderson and Hyde should be steady producers, Tate should see a bunch of targets, Fitz should be steady. Upside picks with Diggs, Martin, Ebron. Obviously took a chance on some injury history guys, but I like my overall potential.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#66 » by M-C-G » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Jay Ajayi
Doug Baldwin
Marshawn Lynch
Demaryius Thomas
Isaiah Crowell
Tom Brady
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Terrelle Pryor
Sammy Watkins
Joe Mixon
Christian McCaffrey
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Reed
Martavis Bryant

Henry is my breakout player

Yeah, I made the comment on the other page, DeMarco has zero guaranteed money after this season, so for any keeper league he is a must get IMO. I kind of expect him to start out slow but take a bigger share of the load as the season progresses, think he will be pretty useful for season end and playoffs, and obviously he is a Murray injury away from being a full blown star.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#67 » by Profound23 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 pm

So if you have the first pick do you :

1.) take Antonio Brown, knowing you can get Lamar Miller/Fournette or McCaffrey in the next two rounds
2.) take a back like David Johnson knowing you can get Amari Cooper/DeAndre Hopkins
3.) Get real crazy with it and take Antonio Brown, Gronk, Rodgers and worry about backs later
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#68 » by M-C-G » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Profound23 wrote:So if you have the first pick do you :

1.) take Antonio Brown, knowing you can get Lamar Miller/Fournette or McCaffrey in the next two rounds
2.) take a back like David Johnson knowing you can get Amari Cooper/DeAndre Hopkins
3.) Get real crazy with it and take Antonio Brown, Gronk, Rodgers and worry about backs later

I absolutely LOVE locking in the WR/TE positions early and just throwing quantity at the RB position this year. Every mock I have done, I have been so much happier with like OBJ, Gronk, Cooper and then just throwing as many RB as I can like Hyde, Ty, McCaffrey, Mixon, CJ Anderson, Woodhead, Henry, Cook, Kelly, Perine

With all that said, I don't think I could pass on David Johnson in any draft in any format. Maybe look to trade out of the first pick, go down a couple slots and pick up another early round pick?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#69 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Profound23 wrote:So if you have the first pick do you :

There are truly only 3 great RB's - Johnson/Bell/Elliott, if you cant get one of them, you go WR
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#70 » by BucksPackers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm

If you have the first pick and do not take bell or DJ you should not be in fantasy lol.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#71 » by Profound23 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:03 pm

So now I ask again....where does Zeke fall to?

If I can somehow get David Johnson with the first pick and Zeke when it snakes back to me.......barring injury it's over.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#72 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Profound23 wrote:So now I ask again....where does Zeke fall to?

If I can somehow get David Johnson with the first pick and Zeke when it snakes back to me.......barring injury it's over.

Just keep in mind if this doesn't get reduced, you have the six games plus bye week. So that is half the regular season you need to limp through.

I think if it gets reduced to 4, I'll think about him with the 5th and maybe try to grab Dalvin Cook who should be pretty featured to start the season until Murray gets up to speed.

Profound23
RealGM

Post#73 » by Profound23 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 pm

So usually I avoid the bad character guys. This year I might go all in:

Big Ben
Joe Mixon
Zeke
Dez
Tyreke Hill

Trying to think of more so I can just name my team The Wife Beaters. Anyone know any?
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Zeke is going in the first 3-4 rounds at the latest. I took Le'Veon Bell last year in the 2nd round and never regretted it, granted he only missed 3 games but I have a hard time believing Zeke will actually miss all 6 games, I am sure he will do his best to reduce it or postpone it. If I drafted tomorrow and he was available in my 16 team league in the 2nd or 3rd round I take him without blinking twice.

Soooo... I have pick #16 and #17 in my 16 team league. 4pt pass TD and .5 PPR

My hopefuls that will be there:

D. Murray
Dez
TY
Amari Cooper

At least I will have some solid WR's to choose from but my worry is if I dont pick a RB in my first 2 picks I will be screwed when it comes all the way back to me for round 3+4 (picks 48+49). Dalvin Cook may still be there but the lack of depth could be scary.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by Gianstoppable » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Profound23 wrote:So usually I avoid the bad character guys. This year I might go all in:

Big Ben
Joe Mixon
Zeke
Dez
Tyreke Hill

Trying to think of more so I can just name my team The Wife Beaters. Anyone know any?

If only Josh Brown was still kicking
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM

Post#76 » by Profound23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:17 pm

I seriously don't get why Demarco is so low?

Take him and use your 5th or 6th round pick on Henry. Same thing with Freeman/Coleman.

McCoy going top 5 and Murray lasting until 12 to 15 is just weird.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#77 » by M-C-G » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Profound23 wrote:I seriously don't get why Demarco is so low?

Take him and use your 5th or 6th round pick on Henry. Same thing with Freeman/Coleman.

McCoy going top 5 and Murray lasting until 12 to 15 is just weird.

Hasn't been able to stay healthy, older, has maybe a better back up and production wained after a great start.

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#78 » by RiotPunch » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Zeke is going in the first 3-4 rounds at the latest. I took Le'Veon Bell last year in the 2nd round and never regretted it, granted he only missed 3 games but I have a hard time believing Zeke will actually miss all 6 games, I am sure he will do his best to reduce it or postpone it. If I drafted tomorrow and he was available in my 16 team league in the 2nd or 3rd round I take him without blinking twice.

D. Murray
Dez
TY
Amari Cooper

At least I will have some solid WR's to choose from but my worry is if I dont pick a RB in my first 2 picks I will be screwed when it comes all the way back to me for round 3+4 (picks 48+49). Dalvin Cook may still be there but the lack of depth could be scary.

Cook, Henry, Perkins, Powell, Anderson, Ware, Abdullah are all guys I think are going too low in a lot of mocks I've done.

Or double up on DeMarco and Gurley and figure WR out later. If Watkins can stay on the field, Gurley will benefit.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM

Post#79 » by Profound23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 am

RiotPunch wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:Zeke is going in the first 3-4 rounds at the latest. I took Le'Veon Bell last year in the 2nd round and never regretted it, granted he only missed 3 games but I have a hard time believing Zeke will actually miss all 6 games, I am sure he will do his best to reduce it or postpone it. If I drafted tomorrow and he was available in my 16 team league in the 2nd or 3rd round I take him without blinking twice.

D. Murray
Dez
TY
Amari Cooper

Cook, Henry, Perkins, Powell, Anderson, Ware, Abdullah are all guys I think are going too low in a lot of mocks I've done.

Or double up on DeMarco and Gurley and figure WR out later. If Watkins can stay on the field, Gurley will benefit.

I draft Abdullah every year way too early and every year he goes down.

I will probably do it again this year because he is so talented.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#80 » by RiotPunch » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:31 am

Profound23 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:

D. Murray
Dez
TY
Amari Cooper

I draft Abdullah every year way too early and every year he goes down.

I will probably do it again this year because he is so talented.

Me too, me too.

He keeps falling so far back though, is a damn good player and will likely get a lot of work. I take that 6th round flyer pretty often.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers