ImageImage

Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Finn
Starter
And1: 2,321

Re: Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train 

Post#701 » by Finn » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:36 pm

Imagine declaring Love a bust before he had any meaningful playing time as the official starter. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,283

Post#702 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:40 pm

Total TD:

Allen- 42
Hurts - 38
Prescott - 34
Love - 34
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,280

Post#703 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:47 pm

Finn wrote:Imagine declaring Love a bust before he had any meaningful playing time as the official starter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's still a lot of career to go, but there were so many Bears fans this year calling Love nothing more than a Trubisky type, and in his first year he went out and put up numbers Trubisky could only dream of getting.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,585

Post#704 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:52 pm

MLF is an awesome offensive coach.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,364

Post#705 » by jute2003 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:57 pm

Love has already improved on much of the unimprovable things the doubters harped on.
only a fan, only an opinion
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#706 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 6:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:MLF is an awesome offensive coach.

He has definitely improved as season as gone on. Love has been throwing absolute ropes since that 2-5 start though. That one to Reed last night was a missile.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#707 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 7:01 pm

To me it’s simple on Love - he has good poise in the pocket and can make any throw. He’s had a ton of throws this year that only a few QB in the NFL make. He needs to improve footwork and just missing easy throws still. But I’ll take that over the opposite any day.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,097

Post#708 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:21 pm

Just want to see him with the full complement of weapons. It’s actually crazy how well he is doing considering his offensive options have been in constant rotation.

I mean Bo Melton had 100 yards last night.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,585

Post#709 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:24 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Just want to see him with the full complement of weapons. It’s actually crazy how well he is doing considering his offensive options have been in constant rotation.

I mean Bo Melton had 100 yards last night.

Bo Melton running wide open.

Love's been very good, but what MLF is doing is ridiculous.
MVP2110
Head Coach
And1: 3,159

Post#710 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:40 pm

We just hung 33 points on the 5th best defense entering last week according to DVOA. You don't do that unless the QB & Play caller were both very good.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,989

Post#711 » by stillgotgame » Mon Jan 1, 2024 8:42 pm

What really sticks out to me is how good ANY receiver looks good in our offense now.
Same GM drafting or finding them
Same coach coaching them
Different QB throwing to them

Love doesn't care who you are. He just cares if you're next in his progressions and you're open.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,423

Post#712 » by M-C-G » Mon Jan 1, 2024 9:19 pm

From outside of realGM discussions with live humans, it’s amazing how people have come around on Love the last month or so. Even the FIL was like, ‘yeah, I guess I was wrong, he is pretty damn good’. And he was a ‘we traded up for him’ club guy as recently as mid season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,427

Post#713 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 1, 2024 9:33 pm

Yeah, the whole “MLF’s a moron who got propped up by Rodgers” crowd is taking a massive amount of L’s right now, but at the same time you can’t just chalk it up to scheme. For an offense to operate at this kind of elite level, you still need a QB who can make all the high level throws down the field and when structure breaks down (like 2020 and 2021 Rodgers). We’ve seen what happens when you don’t have that (2022 Rodgers). One doesn’t happen without the other.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 279

Post#714 » by Reddeye » Mon Jan 1, 2024 10:10 pm

Great play by Love and MLF. MLF getting Melton wide open and Love backpedaling enough to get the ball out side arm while being pressured. If Dillion gets a better block could have been a bigger play.

Read on Twitter
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#715 » by Be Here Now » Mon Jan 1, 2024 11:30 pm

Finn wrote:Imagine declaring Love a bust before he had any meaningful playing time as the official starter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When even the disgraced Favre needed to come out a couple months ago and say "hey, Love isn't taking over even close to the offense that Rodgers did back in 2009", you knew it was bad. I guess it's not called Entitled Town for nothing.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,337

Post#716 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 2, 2024 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MKE_Hodag22
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#717 » by MKE_Hodag22 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 4:17 pm

stillgotgame wrote:What really sticks out to me is how good ANY receiver looks good in our offense now.
Same coach coaching them

Love doesn't care who you are. He just cares if you're next in his progressions and you're open.

Really makes you wonder how much better our team would've been under 12 if he took the same approach instead of forcing, at times, to 17.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,364

Post#718 » by jute2003 » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:40 pm

MKE_Hodag22 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:What really sticks out to me is how good ANY receiver looks good in our offense now.
Same coach coaching them

Really makes you wonder how much better our team would've been under 12 if he took the same approach instead of forcing, at times, to 17.
The only time he didn't force to 17 was when 17 was injured.
only a fan, only an opinion
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,423

Post#719 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 2, 2024 5:58 pm

jute2003 wrote:
MKE_Hodag22 wrote:
Same coach coaching them

The only time he didn't force to 17 was when 17 was injured.

I loosely remember us having maybe the best offense in the league while Adams was out.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,847

Post#720 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 2, 2024 6:02 pm

Same coach coaching them

I was thinking recently that that could be one major benefit to not having an established vet on the roster. Love isn't playing favorites or subconsciously getting locked in on one guy. He's just trying to make the proper pre-snap reads, decipher the defense after the snap, and find the open guy. You can see how he can continue to get better at those things with more experience, while also getting better with his footwork so he isn't missing those easy throws like the one to Melton last game. He also may just be rushing himself at times on those misthrows which could fix itself as the game continues to slow down for him.

One big thing I've noticed is that he seems extremely comfortable making adjustments pre-snap. Minny is not an easy place to play, and he was completely unfazed by the crowd noise when getting the team adjusted pre-snap. It is really impressive to already be at the point he is at when dealing with crowd noise with such limited experience.

Return to Green Bay Packers