ImageImage

Game 4: Eagles at Packers - 7:20 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Re: Game 4: Eagles at Packers - 7:20 - FOX 

Post#781 » by ibanezjp » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:37 pm

Also the disappearance of Aaron Jones these last two games has been very concerning.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#782 » by RRyder823 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:56 pm

ibanezjp wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:
But we won’t go 3-1 in every quarter.

Dal, Det, Oak, KC. Prob 2-2 at best

LAC, Car, SF, NYG, maybe 3-1 (prob out best chance to go 4-0)

Was, Chi, Min, Det Probably 2-2

Even still that’s 10-6 which is where a lot of us thought this team would be. I think most of us would find that acceptable depending how they did in the playoffs but a 10-6 team is probably getting bounced pretty quick. The 3-0 start really had us having hopes of a bye and home field advantage. If Dallas beats us it will be virtually impossible to catch them for the #1 seed.

Looking at those 4 game stretches 3-1 in each of them is still extremely possible and actually pretty likely if the Packers are a legit good team.

You seem to be taking an pessimistic view on 2 of those stretches where 3-1 isnt an unlikely scenario if this a good team. It really depends whether you think this a middle of the road/8-8 talented type team or higher.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

I just simply think they are 10-6 and not a 12-4 team. I think all of us (myself included) got a little too high with expectations after the 3-0 start. We all knew this team had a pretty clear ceiling offensively with the limited talent at WR and TE. We also knew there would be growing pains with new HC and new system. Last night was clearly one of those major growing pains. Not a huge deal as long as they learn from that. Bad sign though if it’s like McCarthy where we just keep doing the same crap year after year. Bart said it on the show this morning but last night really looked exactly like a McCarthy/Capers/Zook performance from all units. That is concerning.

As you alluded too it's a one game sample size. We lost to a good team on the ropes. Yes STs and the D wet the bed last night but that doesnt discount how those units played the previous 3 games. Units have bad games over the course of the season but it's all a part of the whole and as a whole theres reason to believe those units can bounce back.

Really though the point of my post was your projections through the quarters of the season seem to be based rough on the baseline for this team being a 8-8/9-7 team, and if this team is a legitimately good, in the area of the baseline being 11-5ish then 12-4 isnt unlikely and even probable given the remaining schedule. It simply depends whether you think this is a legitimately good team.

I see no reason they cant go 3-1 in their next 4 (loss being at KC), or 4-0 in the 4 after that and then 3-1 in the final 4 if this is legitimate playoff team. Add in the obligatory stinker game that pops up out of no where (it can be argued even last night was one of those games) somewhere and that ends up at 12-4.

If they're closer to 8-8ish level team though then I agree 10-6 appears the closer finish

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#783 » by RRyder823 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:57 pm

ibanezjp wrote:Also the disappearance of Aaron Jones these last two games has been very concerning.
I wouldve preferred better showings but I also wasnt expecting anything really these first 4 games from him considering the defenses.

He'll bounce back

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#784 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:45 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:Also the disappearance of Aaron Jones these last two games has been very concerning.
I wouldve preferred better showings but I also wasnt expecting anything really these first 4 games from him considering the defenses.

He'll bounce back

The run blocking hasn't been stellar either. Jones can squirm through some tight spots, but not every carry.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,063

Post#785 » by BUCKnation » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Jones definitely didn't disappear, he was very good in the passing game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,346

Post#786 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Jones had absolutely no-where to run last night, something that made continually going to him in the first three quarters absolutely goddamn maddening.
kaulkhara15
Starter
And1: 676

Post#787 » by kaulkhara15 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:56 am

If jones had the holes the eagles were opening up for their rb’s....

Return to Green Bay Packers