ImageImage

Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 394

Re: Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train 

Post#901 » by LatentFrog » Thu May 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Defenses were playing to Love's tendencies early last season, and then he figured it out. That was the slump.

The football acumen, vision, pocket awareness, and insane arm talent Love displayed late last season make it hard to believe defenses will be able to stop him consistently.

This is where I'm at. The stats support the eye test, and he made enough VERY impressive throws, especially in the second half of the season, that I'm not concerned at all about a dip. His trajectory across the season was stupid good, better than I had hoped for. This season will hinge on team health.

My only small concern is how the offense handles more complexity.
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#902 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Thu May 23, 2024 3:45 pm

Yeah put me in the Love is going to be pretty damn good boat. He is not 100% proven yet but he has showed all the right signs. Not really buying a sophomore slump seeing how much he and the offense got better during the second half and looked great in the playoffs.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,908

Post#903 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:01 pm

I think Love takes a minor step back in the win column or status quo. I’ll say somewhere between 7-9 wins and barely missing the playoffs is my expectation considering the schedule and the scheme transition defensively
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,911

Post#904 » by JayMKE » Thu May 23, 2024 5:12 pm

From a former hater, Love showed enough to be patient yet excited for next season
FREE GIANNIS
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#905 » by Reddeye » Thu May 23, 2024 5:19 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:I think Love takes a minor step back in the win column or status quo. I’ll say somewhere between 7-9 wins and barely missing the playoffs is my expectation considering the schedule and the scheme transition defensively

The schedule looks like it is about middle of the league. Who are the 7 playoff teams you have over them?

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/nfl-strength-of-schedule/
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,292

Post#906 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 23, 2024 5:31 pm

SOS before the season doesn't mean a whole lot. There will be surprise teams who are better and worse than projected.

It's all about adapting and changing. Teams have a full season of tape to watch with our offense. They'll make defensive adjustments. But so will MLF. I hope Jacobs pans out, Jones was terrific down the stretch.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#907 » by Reddeye » Thu May 23, 2024 5:57 pm

With last year being Love's first year as a starter and all the wrs/tes being first or second year guys it would seem like the offense has a chance to be better than last season.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#908 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:05 pm

Reddeye wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:I think Love takes a minor step back in the win column or status quo. I’ll say somewhere between 7-9 wins and barely missing the playoffs is my expectation considering the schedule and the scheme transition defensively

The schedule looks like it is about middle of the league. Who are the 7 playoff teams you have over them?

SF, ATL, DAL, PHI, DET are all pretty much a lock IMO

CHI, GB, NO, LA, TB, SEA, MIN will be the other teams in contention for the final 2 spots

As it concerns the schedule:

@ PHI L
IND L
@ TEN W
MIN W
@ LAR L
ARI W
HOU L
@ JAX L
DET W
@ CHI L
SF L
MIA W
@ DET L
@ SEA W
NO W
@ MIN W
CHI W

9-8 sounds about right
MVP2110
Head Coach
And1: 3,148

Post#909 » by MVP2110 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:23 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Reddeye wrote:

CHI, GB, NO, LA, TB, SEA, MIN will be the other teams in contention for the final 2 spots

@ PHI L
IND L
@ TEN W
MIN W
@ LAR L
ARI W
HOU L
@ JAX L
DET W
@ CHI L
SF L
MIA W
@ DET L
@ SEA W
NO W
@ MIN W
CHI W

9-8 sounds about right

How exactly are Dallas & Philly a lock? Considering GB just demolished Dallas and Dallas did basically nothing in the offseason, and Philly looked absolutely terrible in the 2nd half of the season and nearly fired their coach
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#910 » by GiannisAnte34 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:41 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Reddeye wrote:

@ PHI L
IND L
@ TEN W
MIN W
@ LAR L
ARI W
HOU L
@ JAX L
DET W
@ CHI L
SF L
MIA W
@ DET L
@ SEA W
NO W
@ MIN W
CHI W

9-8 sounds about right

How exactly are Dallas & Philly a lock? Considering GB just demolished Dallas and Dallas did basically nothing in the offseason, and Philly looked absolutely terrible in the 2nd half of the season and nearly fired their coach

Commanders and Giants are two of the worst teams in the NFC

Every team in the NFC North has a minimum of 7.5 wins projected, Minnesota listed at 7.5 and Chicago at 8.5

Packers at 10.5 to start (took the under) and has since shifted down to 9.5 after the draft/betting action up to today

Detroit is still listed at 10.5
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,673

Post#911 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu May 23, 2024 10:44 pm

I think I'd take the under on both Minnesota and Chicago.

Below average O-line, crap defense, nice offensive skill players, no depth.

I guess bettors must think McCarthy and Williams will be as good or better than Stroud?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,372

Post#912 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 am

Could care less about what bettors say in late-May. Remember all those idiots who picked us to finish last in the division because Justin Fields was gonna be an MVP candidate? Chicago at 8.5 is comical, and I actually liked their offseason.
MVP2110
Head Coach

Post#913 » by MVP2110 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:16 am

I think the Bears make the playoffs this year. They were a decent team last year with one of the worst QBs in the NFL. Even if Caleb is just average that's a massive improvement for them. I'd probably pick them to win 9 games and be a wildcard
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,372

Post#914 » by Mags FTW » Fri May 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:I think I'd take the under on both Minnesota and Chicago.

Below average O-line, crap defense, nice offensive skill players, no depth.

I guess bettors must think McCarthy and Williams will be as good or better than Stroud?

I think Darnold starts the season instead of McCarthy. Multiple signs point to JJ either being a project or not good wnough to start immediately. Quite frankly I am surprised how many Viking fans think he's a sure thing and aren't more cautious in their optimism.

Consider the following:

1) On draft day a report came out that MIN called the Chargers about Herbert. Supposedly they also wanted to trade up for Maye, but the price was too high. McCarthy clearly was not "their guy" during this whole process.

2) Look how many teams either passed on McCarthy or weren't willing to give up modest assets to get him. WAS and NE chose other QBs. The Giants then decided to stick with the awful Daniel Jones. ATL also chose a different QB. Finally, DEN and OAK could've leap frogged MIN for a 2nd rounder, maybe even just a 3rd, and chose not to.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,372

Post#915 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 24, 2024 3:10 pm

The Bears only finished 7-10 because of that 6 consecutive week stretch at the end of the season where they held their opponent under 20-points each time. They were 22nd in DVOA last year. I think Caleb is the real deal, but the reality is he's still a 22-year old rookie. Bettors are just doing their usual overrating of the Bears based on offseason hype thing. It's between them and the Vikes, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if/when they find themselves in the NFCN cellar once again after talking themselves up as a playoff team for the 5th consecutive year.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,380

Post#916 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 24, 2024 4:03 pm

I don't think you can underestimate the value of Love finishing strong last year on his potential for this coming year. He's going to have a whole offseason to work with his young receiving corp and develop even more of a rapport with the second year guys. I also think you'll see fewer bad picks, which Love had a few of this past year as he settled into the position.

Injury disclaimer aside, I'd be disappointed if this team didn't make the playoffs.
MVP2110
Head Coach

Post#917 » by MVP2110 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The Bears only finished 7-10 because of that 6 consecutive week stretch at the end of the season where they held their opponent under 20-points each time. They were 22nd in DVOA last year. I think Caleb is the real deal, but the reality is he's still a 22-year old rookie. Bettors are just doing their usual overrating of the Bears based on offseason hype thing. It's between them and the Vikes, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if/when they find themselves in the NFCN cellar once again after talking themselves up as a playoff team for the 5th consecutive year.

I mean Justin Fields was absolutely brutal last season

Read on Twitter
?t=Mp_KZ8dsNCtqIkPez6x7MA&s=19

Also worth noting the Bears finished 11th in weighted DVOA. I'm not saying they will be great or anything but it doesn't take much of an improvement to jump from 7 wins to a wildcard team and I think Fields to Caleb could very well be enough to do that
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,292

Post#918 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 24, 2024 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,552

Post#919 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 30, 2024 4:44 pm

QBs in a vacuum with a three year timeline:

4:40 Pick 1 Patrick Mahomes
6:55 Pick 2 Josh Allen
11:20 Pick 3 Justin Herbert
16:00 Pick 4 Lamar Jackson
22:35 Pick 5 Jordan Love