ImageImage

2013 Off Season Thread - Working On Ext For Burnett - Pg 129

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Re: 2013 Off Season Thread - Working On Ext For Burnett - Pg 

Post#1941 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 am

I bet part of him falling had to due with his personality and his way of dealing with his past. I'm definitely rooting for the guy both on and off the field, though.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#1942 » by Wilford Brimley » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Intense article. He was my favorite pick of the draft, hope he tears it up.
Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#1943 » by Asher » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:06 am

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Rams offered Steven Jackson to the Packers last year in exchange for a seventh-round pick.
We'd have a harder time buying this if the Journal-Sentinel wasn't the most reputable, reliable NFL newspaper in the nation. Per the report, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson turned down St. Louis' offer because he "didn't want to assume (Jackson's) contract."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1663/steven-jackson
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#1944 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Knowing now that we were able to get Lacy and Franklin, I am glad we never acquired Jackson.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#1945 » by eagle13 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:50 am

When Neal was first moved to LB I stated it was an attempt to find him a roster spot
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 25711.html
It's possible that Neal's brutal showing against the 49ers prompted coach Mike McCarthy's decision to try him at outside linebacker in the off-season. The Packers had toyed with the idea for more than a year, and as a final attempt to salvage Neal's career it seemed appropriate.

Last year, Neal had moments as a quick-twitch interior rusher. He just has never put it all together.

"He is what he is," an AFC personnel man said. "He's a little man pumped up and playing a big man's game."

I don't necessarily agree but I saw it right away. I think Neal will shine as pass rushing OLB.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#1946 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:22 pm

A year from now, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews will be counting $29 million against the Green Bay Packers' salary cap compared to the $18.7 million they do now.

Indications are the leaguewide cap will increase little, if at all, under terms of the 10-year collective bargaining agreement that is proving to be a windfall for management.

Something has to give, and odds in Green Bay are that the defensive line will be taking the hardest hits.

Big men Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji, C.J. Wilson and Johnny Jolly all have contracts expiring at season's end, and pass rusher Mike Neal will become an unrestricted free agent in March as well.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#1947 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Asher wrote:According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Rams offered Steven Jackson to the Packers last year in exchange for a seventh-round pick.
We'd have a harder time buying this if the Journal-Sentinel wasn't the most reputable, reliable NFL newspaper in the nation. Per the report, Green Bay GM Ted Thompson turned down St. Louis' offer because he "didn't want to assume (Jackson's) contract."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1663/steven-jackson

I don't see what the downfall was to doing this. At worst, we could've cut him and it wouldn't have counted against our cap.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#1948 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
A year from now, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews will be counting $29 million against the Green Bay Packers' salary cap compared to the $18.7 million they do now.

Indications are the leaguewide cap will increase little, if at all, under terms of the 10-year collective bargaining agreement that is proving to be a windfall for management.

Something has to give, and odds in Green Bay are that the defensive line will be taking the hardest hits.

Big men Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji, C.J. Wilson and Johnny Jolly all have contracts expiring at season's end, and pass rusher Mike Neal will become an unrestricted free agent in March as well.

I could have swore this winter/spring I read that the cap was projected to jump up significantly in a year or two.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#1949 » by chuckleslove » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:51 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I could have swore this winter/spring I read that the cap was projected to jump up significantly in a year or two.

I think 2015 is when the new TV money will kick in and boost it so not next year but the season after IIRC.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#1950 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah that sounds like what I was trying to remember.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1951 » by crkone » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:19 pm

I wonder if the Rodgers twitter remark about offering up his salary if Braun was on PEDs is going to bite him in the ass a bit. It's ridiculous it's being brought up but if a lawyer approached the guy he was tweeting with, Rodgers' lawyers may feel it would be best to just settle.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#1952 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 pm

crkone wrote:I wonder if the Rodgers twitter remark about offering up his salary if Braun was on PEDs is going to bite him in the ass a bit. It's ridiculous it's being brought up but if a lawyer approached the guy he was tweeting with, Rodgers' lawyers may feel it would be best to just settle.

Eh, I don't think that guy has a case at all. If I was Rodgers, I'd offer to donate some money to the charity of that guy's choosing and move on.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,906

Post#1953 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:33 pm

crkone wrote:I wonder if the Rodgers twitter remark about offering up his salary if Braun was on PEDs is going to bite him in the ass a bit. It's ridiculous it's being brought up but if a lawyer approached the guy he was tweeting with, Rodgers' lawyers may feel it would be best to just settle.

I'm not a lawyer but if everything said on Twitter was legally enforceable a lot of people would be in trouble.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#1954 » by crkone » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

I'm not a lawyer but if everything said on Twitter was legally enforceable a lot of people would be in trouble.

Everyone is sue happy these days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of settlement even if it's just donating to charity or giving the guys tickets.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#1955 » by WiscSports1 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 am

Finally, on June 17, the Packers released Bishop, whose deal had two years remaining and averaged $4.544 million. Sources said the team's medical staff was confident Bishop's leg was healed but said the decision-makers had reservations he could ever be the same player.

They also were worried about Bishop's history of other leg injuries.

This is what I don't like. Let the doctors do their job and take their expert advice. I wish they would have renegotiated with him at least. I admitted loved Bishop, so I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#1956 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Rodgers only said he would put his salary on it. Not that he did or will. His attorney would just laugh in his face.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.

Return to Green Bay Packers