Bills Post Game

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Re: Bills Post Game 

Post#41 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:00 pm

JayMKE wrote:the Pack playing in Arizona would be pretty awesome for me
me too. Shoot if the crappy south team pulls an upset and then goes to AZ in Rd 2 a pack cards nfc champ game is totally realistic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#42 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:02 pm

I'm going to be even more annoyed if the Lions lose today.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,779

Post#43 » by JayMKE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:05 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
JayMKE wrote:the Pack playing in Arizona would be pretty awesome for me
me too. Shoot if the crappy south team pulls an upset and then goes to AZ in Rd 2 a pack cards nfc champ game is totally realistic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app

haha yeah, Pack would be basically spend an entire month here in AZ then
FREE GIANNIS
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#44 » by MrPerfect1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Scoops wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Just a perfect storm today, gotta chalk it up as a fluke and move on. Defense played well and gave us a chance to win the game. Take care of business against Tampa and prepare for the big game against Detroit. Go Vikings.

Perfect storm with special teams TD, officiating, dropped passes, tipped INT...and yet we have a chance to make a game winning drive at the end. And it was on the road against an above .500 team.

These types of games happen to every NFL team. Anyone saying we're not a contender please back that up by no longer watching the games. Go shopping with your wives, watch the PBA, go to bible study.

GB is a contender when they play at Lambeau. Here are all their Road Game this year:

L 36-16 @ SEA
L 19-7 @ DET
W 38-17 @CHI
W 27-24 @MIA
L 44-23 @NO
W 24-21 @MIN
L 21-13@ BUF

The only 2 wins of any note on the road are 38-17 against a Brutal CHI team and a 27-24 last second win vs a Non Playoff Team (MIA) that came down to a last second TD pass on a drive where a OL semi luckily recovered a fumble to extend the drive.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,413

Post#45 » by rilamann » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Godgers wrote:
See with the Packers a good defense always trumps our offense.

This is true,the Packers suck against physical defenses but it seems more of a mental thing for the Packers than the defense simply being good and physical.

Look no further than Jordy dropping maybe his easiest TD all season and Rodgers being way off even when he wasn't under pressure or Rodgers not even throwing to Richard Sherman's side of the field week 1 ect.

It seems more of an intimidation thing where the team and Rodgers in particular get flustered and thrown off their game when facing physical defenses which is whythe soft thing always comes up in big games and in the playoffs.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
bcl20
Starter
And1: 166

Post#46 » by bcl20 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:19 pm

If there was a game to lose it'd be this one. It was bad but so much screwy stuff happened that you'd think it won't happen again. With some help this game may mean nothing.
Go Packers, Go Bulls, Go Cubs, Go Hawkeyes, Go Blackhawks
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#47 » by raysbookclub » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Maybe the Packers get mad from this game, and it awakens a fallen-asleep giant. The receivers were playing with some attitude on the second to last drive.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#48 » by msiris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Nice to see that the Packers have not beaten a good defensive team yet. How are they going to beat a team like the Lions, Cards or the Seahawks if they make the playoffs? I just dont see it. Nice signing in Peppers. :roll:
Ride the tank
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,351

Post#49 » by Mags FTW » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:30 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/PackerUpdate/status/544245102479417344[/tweet]

It was pretty well reported during the lead up that he was going to be on a snap count. I still think he's more banged up than we know.

Well, there was also that Starks guy that only got 4 carries.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#50 » by MrPerfect1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 am

msiris wrote:Nice to see that the Packers have not beaten a good defensive team yet. How are they going to beat a team like the Lions, Cards or the Seahawks if they make the playoffs? I just dont see it. Nice signing in Peppers. :roll:

NE has a pretty good defense but GB definitely hasn't beaten a good defensive team on the road. Heck, they have only topped 27 once on the road so far
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#51 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 am

This game was a good wake up call. We had been winning but executing poorly on a number of fronts the past few weeks.

The team we saw this week and last wasn't going to beat the Seahawks either there or at Lambeau. Now hopefully they have this out of their system and correct things for the last two games and the playoffs.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Bills Post Game 

Post#52 » by ReddRum » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 am

We **** up home field advantage throughout the playoffs which was our only chance to beat Seattle. We are all done. I never thought this team was good enough to win the Super Bowl the entire year. We go as Rodgers goes and the rest of our team overall is average. I mean any given Sunday but that was a huge loss today. Instead of potentially resting the game against the Lions we are now playing for life.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#53 » by rilamann » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:26 am

paulpressey25 wrote:This game was a good wake up call. We had been winning but executing poorly on a number of fronts the past few weeks.

The team we saw this week and last wasn't going to beat the Seahawks either there or at Lambeau. Now hopefully they have this out of their system and correct things for the last two games and the playoffs.

If the Packers needed a wake up call at this point of the season with the strong possibility of having the NFC Championship game played in Seattle opposed to at Lambeau field riding on the outcome the Packers were never legit to begin with.

I think today the Packers were who they've been the past few seasons,a really good regular season team that still just can't come through in the big games.
Scoops
General Manager
And1: 267

Post#54 » by Scoops » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:42 am

Shutup with all the melodramatic we are done BS. The NFL playoffs are a step below March Madness in how big of a crapshoot it is.

Take care of the ball and make big plays and you win the Super Bowl. With Rodgers and our playmakers on both sides of the ball we are more than capable.
Go Bucks!
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

Post#55 » by ReddRum » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:47 am

Don't take what I said the wrong way. I think we can beat any team in the playoffs. I just think we now put Seattle in the driver's seat and we will not beat them in Seattle. Today just proved how reliant this team is on Rodgers having to play at a high level to get a W (which is fairly obvious with any HOF type QB and their team). I don't trust our defense or our run game to carry us when it matters. Lacy and the defense played well overall and we lost. If Rodgers has one off game in the playoffs it will be the same outcome as today. Besides the Patriots game we haven't beat a good team this entire year (unless you consider a Sanchez led Eagles team good). Can we ride him all the way to a Super Bowl win - yes. Will we this year - I doubt it. I just don't feel it this year just like I didn't the year we went 15-1 and lost in the first round. I hope I'm wrong...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#56 » by rilamann » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 am

ReddRum wrote: If Rodgers has one off game in the playoffs it will be the same outcome as today. .

Aaron Rodgers hasn't had an ''Aaron Rodgers'' caliber game in the playoffs since the Super Bowl 4 years ago.

Not saying he's been bad in the playoffs since then but he needs to have one of those games in the playoffs where his play says ''**** you and your physical defense I'm Aaron **** Rodgers and I'm here to show you why.''

He did that in the Arizona playoff game in 2009 and vs the Falcons in 2010,he did it in the Super Bowl and he's done it a bunch of times this season but he's due to do it in a playoff game.

He would have to play at that level for us to have any chance at beating Seattle.
SeaLORD_0318
Senior
And1: 185

Post#57 » by SeaLORD_0318 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:30 am

paulpressey25 wrote:This game was a good wake up call. We had been winning but executing poorly on a number of fronts the past few weeks.

I have been telling people at work that we really needed a wake up call to get that edge back... Last thing I wanted was for us to sleep walk into a first game playoff loss.

I seriously think this loss will serve us well moving forward.
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Vince Lombardi
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#58 » by raysbookclub » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 am

If you're going to have a game where

1. you allow a 75 yard punt return
2. you have a medium distance field goal blocked
3. you drop a would-be 90 yard TD pass
4. your 6'6" 260 lb OLB gets pancaked by a medium-sized WR in the 4th quarter on a play between the hashes
5. your WR gets mugged, the ball bounces off his hands, and it's intercepted
6. you intercept the ball and you immediately lose 15 yards of field position because of a personal foul call after the play
7. you get called for a phantom holding call on a 20+ yard run

then I'd rather have it against Buffalo in mid-December than a playoff game in January.

In 2011, I would much rather have had all those turnovers and poorly defended Hail Mary against some random AFC team in December than against the Giants in January. Maybe if we would have had that game in December, we would have plowed the Giants and gone to the Super Bowl.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#59 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:14 am

Newz wrote:
I would just like to say that a lot of people bring this formula up as a way to stop the Packers. This is the formula that gives every offense in the history of the NFL problems. If you can get pressure consistently with four and drop seven back, then other teams are going to have a hard

Its definitely true that Buff has a good D, and a good D gives any team trouble.
But, what do you do against a good D? You take what they give you. GB didnt do that today.

Also I think Rodgers has a history with not being satisfied with taking what the D gives him, MM too.

So in that sense i think there is a legit complaint that GB could scheme better/adjust better to tougher, non-blitzing defenses and that was especially true today.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#60 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:20 am

Guys - take solace in this:

We crapped the bed in every aspect of this game, and still could have / theoretically should have won against a pretty good team.

Yeah Rodgers was a little off - but holy crap, how many drops did our receivers have? Jordy catches that bomb and this game is totally different.

Every penalty we had came at the absolute worst time. And were terrible

McCarthy with some awful play calling.

The defense actually did a great job of holding them to FG's.

I'm going to withhold judgement on this game to see how they react in TB. We really should come out of the gates and just stomp them. If we struggle on the road again - could be a bad sign.

Ultimately, if our guys catch the passes they normally do, and our special teams does what it normally does - we win this game by 3 TD's.....

Return to Green Bay Packers