ImageImage

PGT: Vikings

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Re: PGT: Vikings 

Post#201 » by Profound23 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Good God, the hot takes have reached critical mass. Trading Rodgers is never going to happen. I'm not even going to entertain such foolishness.

I understand...my question is to see how far the God status has gotten for Rodgers.

If you were able to get 5 of the top 10 picks, including 2,3,4,8,10 overall, 3 2nds, 3 3rds, 4 future firsts from teams that are predominantly in the top 5 of the draft and Derrick Henry would you do it?

I'm not saying trade him....I'm saying if you have a deal like that....way above the H.Walker deal the Cowboys received from Minny how can you say no?
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#202 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 pm

trwi7 wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Adams would've been wide open too if he stayed on the post route. Why the play design calls for him to go to the sideline I have no idea.

would have put him on a collision course with the slot WR.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Vikings 

Post#203 » by RRyder823 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Good God, the hot takes have reached critical mass. Trading Rodgers is never going to happen. I'm not even going to entertain such foolishness.

I understand...my question is to see how far the God status has gotten for Rodgers.

If you were able to get 5 of the top 10 picks, including 2,3,4,8,10 overall, 3 2nds, 3 3rds, 4 future firsts from teams that are predominantly in the top 5 of the draft and Derrick Henry would you do it?

I'm not saying trade him....I'm saying if you have a deal like that....way above the H.Walker deal the Cowboys received from Minny how can you say no?

Here's why it's a hot take

A: The above scenerio you listed has WAY to many moving parts to be realistic and is a Madden esque scenerio through and through.

B: Yes the value is there in the deal to move Rodgers but any team giving him up for that much now has no future and hense wouldn't do it.

C: While the haul would be good I'd NEVER want to see another post bitching and moaning about how we should "go for it" during any season in the future from anybody praising the deal as they'd now be massive hypocrites.

D: (This is really the important one) We're through 2 weeks of the season and every damn year I gotta read posts on various boards about how trading Rodgers might be the right idea after the 1st loss of the season because people fall into chicken little mode and start theory crafting ways to salvage it. All that after ONE loss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,576

Post#204 » by Profound23 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 am

RRyder823 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

A: The above scenerio you listed has WAY to many moving parts to be realistic and is a Madden esque scenerio through and through.

B: Yes the value is there in the deal to move Rodgers but any team giving him up for that much now has no future and hense wouldn't do it.

C: While the haul would be good I'd NEVER want to see another post bitching and moaning about how we should "go for it" during any season in the future from anybody praising the deal as they'd now be massive hypocrites.

D: (This is really the important one) We're through 2 weeks of the season and every damn year I gotta read posts on various boards about how trading Rodgers might be the right idea after the 1st loss of the season because people fall into chicken little mode and start theory crafting ways to salvage it. All that after ONE loss

I understand...and again I do not want to trade Rodgers. Never been that guy.

It's just, my friends and I were in a discussion about what it would take for us to trade Rodgers. Of course some said they would trade him for garbage and I just laughed.

Going off of what was traded for guys like Goff and Wentz I went on to state the most insane scenario I could think of where I would finally say, "OK, I will trade Rodgers for a combination of NINE first rounds picks, 5 in this draft that are all top 10 and the other four could easily be in the top ten next year. Along with 6 others picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and the Heisman Trophy Winner who I expect to be a stud within a couple of years.

It was amazing to see the extremes, people who are just ready to trade Rodgers because they are spoiled and some who wouldn't trade him for NINE first round picks. Would that happen? No way.......I already said it is Madden like. But to see people actually say they wouldn't even entertain it is insane. Even if you only hit at 50% on your draft picks, you could take those ten first round picks (including your own) and build a probowl defense....have a stud RB, with Hundley and use the 2nds and 3rds on Oline, WRs.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,169

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: PGT: Vikings 

Post#205 » by RRyder823 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:09 am

Profound23 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I understand...and again I do not want to trade Rodgers. Never been that guy.

It's just, my friends and I were in a discussion about what it would take for us to trade Rodgers. Of course some said they would trade him for garbage and I just laughed.

Going off of what was traded for guys like Goff and Wentz I went on to state the most insane scenario I could think of where I would finally say, "OK, I will trade Rodgers for a combination of NINE first rounds picks, 5 in this draft that are all top 10 and the other four could easily be in the top ten next year. Along with 6 others picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and the Heisman Trophy Winner who I expect to be a stud within a couple of years.

It was amazing to see the extremes, people who are just ready to trade Rodgers because they are spoiled and some who wouldn't trade him for NINE first round picks. Would that happen? No way.......I already said it is Madden like. But to see people actually say they wouldn't even entertain it is insane. Even if you only hit at 50% on your draft picks, you could take those ten first round picks (including your own) and build a probowl defense....have a stud RB, with Hundley and use the 2nds and 3rds on Oline, WRs.

I get what your saying. But your intention will alway get lost between the extremes you mentioned as even the level headed people will simply gloss over the post and only read " I wanna trade Rodgers after one loss" cause like I said it's starting to become tradition

To answer your question though. For that package with Hundley on the roster sure I'd trade Rodgers. Then again I'm also not someone to bash a GM for playing for the future

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#206 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 pm

UWNick wrote:
So this article has a decent breakdown of the read and react offense stuff. The things that always stand out to me is it requires everybody to read the same thing at the line which usually results in getting somebody in man coverage. That player has to the beat the reciever.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2224218-breaking-down-green-bays-passing-concepts-on-big-plays

Comes back to having to make the right reads and have the better players. When it works its awesome, when your talent doesn't stack up your guy in "favorable" single coverage is still covered.

Sorry if I implied they're not using a scheme to dictate the offense. Its just how they approach things and what they try to dictate that I find frustrating. They'll try to pull coverage one way to get something like Davante alone on the outside against the 3rd corner. 5-6 years ago when you had Young Jordy, Jennings, Driver, Prime JJ, Finley you had all these guys that could beat that 1-on-1 coverage, so it was offense at will.

The steelers run a lot of combination routes that are more of what I would describe as scheming guys open. There's some of that in this article below.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1865573-ben-roethlisberger-steelers-offense-have-finally-found-an-identity

I'm certainly no expert on this stuff and I don't watch a ton of coaches tape or anything, but I sort of understand different offenses concepts, so hopefully this helps at least get you in the direction of what people are talking about.

Those are great articles- it was a really interesting to compare and contrast. GB used to do more of the sort of things you saw in the PIT array- I wonder: if we can get Cook, Ty and Abby going if we might not see more of the stacks etc sort of looks that help to get a quick easy read for Aaron. I think he also passes over open short routes fairly often because they're always hunting big plays (to a fault).
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#207 » by Mags FTW » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:58 pm

T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:Skol

This fuggin guy
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#208 » by trwi7 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:56 pm

The Vikings could conceivably have given up a top 10 pick for Sam Bradford. #Skol
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,020

Post#209 » by humanrefutation » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:19 am

I was confused when I first read through this thread until I realized that this was the one from earlier this season, lol.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#210 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:39 pm

humanrefutation wrote:I was confused when I first read through this thread until I realized that this was the one from earlier this season, lol.

Same.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#211 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:27 pm

I missed the game yesterday (in NYC). Reading through the first page of this thread left me so damn confused.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#212 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763883/article/vikings-defensive-switch-led-by-terence-newman

So the Vikings DBs decided not to cover Jordy like Zimmer told them to, and instead used their own plan? Apparently Newman and Rhodes decided to just play their side of the field, instead of having Rhodes always on Jordy.

I was at work- can anybody who watched the game vouch for this?

And if this is true, how is it that Zimmer didn't put a stop to it?

ETA this is a different, revised article from the one I inititally read, and some of my questions are answered in the article or by Billick in the video. Still, pretty interesting.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,699

Post#213 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
T-wOlvEs 420 wrote:Skol

This fuggin guy

Lol, anyone go to the Vikings board and troll the **** out of this guy yet? Or is he hiding in shame until the offseason just like his perpetual loser team.

:D

Return to Green Bay Packers