Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Re: Cowboys Postgame: The fire McCarthy and bench Rodgers edition 

Post#61 » by RiotPunch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Until you answer the first question, in the locker room is Aaron taking responsibility? He's certainly doing that in the media when he doesn't perform. Only reason you pull him is he's blaming others or making excuses, if he's doing everything he's supposed to benching him is pointless.

It's not pointless. You give yourself the best chance to win, and I thought today we would have had a better shot with #7. Maybe he would have stunk just as bad, but we had nothing to lose and it was plain as day to see that Aaron was lost.

Agree to disagree, I guess. At least we have the Bears D up next.

You have an MVP QB on the field, the longer he is out there the closer you're getting him out his slump or fixing his mechancis. The only other QB on the roster barley played in the preseason and hasn't done a **** thing. So if you think at any point you have a better chance to win is with Hundley over Rodgers you're **** bat **** crazy for thinking that.

On top of that if we believe everything about him using not being recruited out of H/S, to not going number 1 in the draft, to being made to sit the green room. Better believe him making a fool out of himself the last 16 games, mainly the game in 2016 will give him enough drive that he doesn't need to be benched.

That was an MVP QB on the field today? I just have been watching a different game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#62 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:21 am

RiotPunch wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:It's not pointless. You give yourself the best chance to win, and I thought today we would have had a better shot with #7. Maybe he would have stunk just as bad, but we had nothing to lose and it was plain as day to see that Aaron was lost.

Agree to disagree, I guess. At least we have the Bears D up next.

You have an MVP QB on the field, the longer he is out there the closer you're getting him out his slump or fixing his mechancis. The only other QB on the roster barley played in the preseason and hasn't done a **** thing. So if you think at any point you have a better chance to win is with Hundley over Rodgers you're **** bat **** crazy for thinking that.

On top of that if we believe everything about him using not being recruited out of H/S, to not going number 1 in the draft, to being made to sit the green room. Better believe him making a fool out of himself the last 16 games, mainly the game in 2016 will give him enough drive that he doesn't need to be benched.

That was an MVP QB on the field today? I just have been watching a different game.

oh so you didn't read past the first 8 words or you realize your point is **** idiotic? It's one or the other.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#63 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:23 am

Just finished the McGinn article. He summed it all up as tactfully as anyone could.

My biggest takeaway was that until the dysfunctional tippy toeing around Rodgers ends or he snaps out of his slump this team will be mediocre until he retires or his contract runs out.

And how about THAT for a run on sentence!
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#64 » by RiotPunch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:25 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:You have an MVP QB on the field, the longer he is out there the closer you're getting him out his slump or fixing his mechancis. The only other QB on the roster barley played in the preseason and hasn't done a **** thing. So if you think at any point you have a better chance to win is with Hundley over Rodgers you're **** bat **** crazy for thinking that.

oh so you didn't read past the first 8 words or you realize your point is **** idiotic? It's one or the other.

I'm just **** with you. You think my point is crazy, that's fine. I think you're crazy if you think riding it out with Aaron was the best way to get a win today. We left him in, we lost, now on to the next one. Hopefully he "cleans things up" by Thursday.

We're not getting anywhere here, so move on.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#65 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 am

Weird, I think we only punted once and it was inside the 5. Doesn't usually happen that way when you lose by 2 scores, but TO's will do that to you.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#66 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:27 am

th87 wrote:Rodgers:

I didn't even watch it and I laughed hard. Such a great clip.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#67 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:33 am

If Rodgers can't handle being benched, he's not mentally strong enough to lead the team and we should move on anyways. Pretty simple.

And thank you th87 for that Baumer clip. Needed it.
Do it for Chuck
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#68 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 am

Read on Twitter
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#69 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:04 am

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit shoving cocaine up my a**.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#70 » by msiris » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:14 am

Ted could go as well. Rodgers has looked bad but give him more talent and he should be fine. Need a new coach. The whole show looks old and worn.
Ride the tank
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#71 » by Jollay » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:50 am

This we have an infinite window and if we just get into the playoffs we'll beat Matt Ryan and Caleb Hannie bull is so tired.
Dallas and Minnesota are perfect examples of everything we're not right now. We lose Rodgers we just whine about injuries. Minny goes right out and solves the immediate problem; Dallas adjusts and moves on.
Hope this is just a 2006-2007 Favre blip. But it's clear our perpetually young roster is perpetually overrated in a lot of areas as well.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#72 » by Jollay » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:02 am

Although I guess I'd feel worse if I was a Texans fan. Even **** Rodgers is worth 17 million a year based on the past; Osweiller? Not so much.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#73 » by Mags FTW » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:24 am

Jollay wrote:Although I guess I'd feel worse if I was a Texans fan. Even **** Rodgers is worth 17 million a year based on the past; Osweiller? Not so much.

Yeah, we are essentially the Texans right now. Good RB, talent at receiver, but it doesn't mean crap if your QB sucks.

Aaron sucks right now, and it's magnified because McCarthy's offense has been "WRs, just beat your man by a sliver and Aaron will get it into the tightest window." And even with Aaron sucking, McCarthy is refusing to adjust to scheme people open.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#74 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:51 am

jakecronus8 wrote:Maybe Hundley is actually terrible.

He's far from shown that in preseason matches, which are all he's had an opportunity to perform in.

Much more likely that Mike doesn't have the cajones to challenge Aaron or he thinks the idea of benching him is preposterous when he has a chance to win the game because of past success and current record (in spite of who those wins came against).
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#75 » by msiris » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:53 am

Jollay wrote:This we have an infinite window and if we just get into the playoffs we'll beat Matt Ryan and Caleb Hannie bull is so tired.
Dallas and Minnesota are perfect examples of everything we're not right now. We lose Rodgers we just whine about injuries. Minny goes right out and solves the immediate problem; Dallas adjusts and moves on.
Hope this is just a 2006-2007 Favre blip. But it's clear our perpetually young roster is perpetually overrated in a lot of areas as well.
Pretty sad that your 1st round pick cant get on the field. I would love a back who has good speed. Lacy is a banger and will always get hurt because of that.
Ride the tank
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#76 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:59 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Again, you're **** insane if you think that Aaron will or should be benched. This offense needs to get its crap together, but some of you are going off the deep end here.

Just you saying it, gruffly, with a Ron Swanson picture in your avatar, doesn't make a case for you.

The reality is he's been a mediocre starting quarterback for the last year of games and he's lacking in accountability for it so not being prompted to change. There are your reasons to do it. Even if he proves to be your best option, the message is sent, and he can look internally to make adjustments instead of pretending like there isn't a problem or it's the fault of others as he has during this stretch.

As a bonus you learn about what you have in Hundley, for life after Aaron, whether that's sooner or later. We felt comfortable transitioning from Favre to Rodgers, ensuring a decade of more success, because we had the opportunity to see Rodgers play a regular season game before it was too late in his contract.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#77 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:03 am

A couple other people posted I think we hit the part of the MM era just like the Sherman era where Favre could do whatever he wants and Sherman just let him and it became tired. Favre needed a new coach to get him back under control and Sherman's style just got stale.

I do think Rodgers is hitting that point. MM's scheme is stale and failing. Rodgers seems to be able to do whatever he wants without recourse. When he made the comment, "I did the wet ball drills as a favor" a few weeks ago it's like, you fumbled the game away and you did coach a favor to run a drill? I don't give a **** if you don't like the drill, do that **** drill and stop being a damn princess about it.

Need some new coaching to get Rodgers under control again, just like Favre needed which sparked his revival.

What the **** is Edgar Bennet, Alex van Pelt, and Tom Clements going to do with Rodgers besides buddy buddy him all day, especially with the HC having his head in the clouds, thinking everything IS FINE, just need to clean things up. Rodgers needs a real coach to get him back to his game.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#78 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:08 am

HKPackFan wrote:A couple other people posted I think we hit the part of the MM era just like the Sherman era where Favre could do whatever he wants and Sherman just let him and it became tired. Favre needed a new coach to get him back under control and Sherman's style just got stale.

I do think Rodgers is hitting that point. MM's scheme is stale and failing. Rodgers seems to be able to do whatever he wants without recourse. When he made the comment, "I did the wet ball drills as a favor" a few weeks ago it's like, you fumbled the game away and you did coach a favor to run a drill? I don't give a **** if you don't like the drill, do that **** drill and stop being a damn princess about it.

Need some new coaching to get Rodgers under control again, just like Favre needed which sparked his revival.

What the **** is Edgar Bennet, Alex van Pelt, and Tom Clements going to do with Rodgers besides buddy buddy him all day, especially with the HC having his head in the clouds, thinking everything IS FINE, just need to clean things up. Rodgers needs a real coach to get him back to his game.

Josh McDaniels for GB HC
MJ Bucks
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#79 » by MJ Bucks » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 am

Some of us more practical Packer Fans have been telling those with rose colored glasses that McCarthy is a worthless coach for about 8 years now. Same goes for Ted Thompson. Same goes for Mark Murphy. These three fools are married to each other period. The only way to turn the Packers around is to fire all three of them. In my opinion they are overpaid, arrogant A**H***.

McCarthy is a horrible coach and even worse play caller. How many more 2nd and 10 runs, trailing by two scores late in the game, can be stomached by any Packer Fan? McCarthy has a good record for one reason and one reason only, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Somehow this bumbling idiot has even found a way to screw both of them up. Guaranteed Rodgers nonchalant attitude about not performing well comes from years of watching McCarthy's stupid excuses. There is no leadership period. Look at Eddie Lacy. After one year of being to fat to even play he comes back and is injured all the time. Is anyone surprised? He is heavy again and thus easily injured. McCarthy has shown Zero leadership for 10 years when it comes to discipline and accountability. Thus we have had our share of talented athletes become dumb asses.

McCarthy's game day coaching and preparation is also just as putrid. He can't make in game adjustments and he always gets out coached in big games just like today. The offense has plenty of talented receivers but play calling minimizes their effectiveness. The only time the Packers win and look good is when Aaron Rodgers runs around for 7-10 seconds behind the line and fines the open receiver. Off course, sooner or later this strategy will go bad. If we want to see Aaron Rodgers and the Packers win a Superbowl before he retires, then McCarthy has to go.

Ted Thompson is just as bad if not worse than McCarthy. Every year the Pack goes into the regular season with obvious holes that should be addressed. Every year, Thompson's solution is to draft some 3rd or 4th round picks to fill those holes. It never works. Ted Thompson has literally passed on 30+ Veterans over the years (Some HOFers) who could have helped this team immensely. He could have filled holes with proven, quality players. As we all know that hardly ever happened. Does Ted Thompson care? Hell NO!!....He is more concerned about this little bubble world he is in. He does not care about you the fan. As far is he concerned, we are all a bunch of idiots who wear cheese on our heads. He has been accountable to no one. He will never fire McCarthy for the dirty crap they pulled in the past. Lying to the media, lying to fans. Hell they each got huge raises not long ago.

Mark Murphy is the biggest, spineless weasel of them all. He stood bye when the whole Favre Fiasco was going on and hid from the media. When things were going bad publicly, he went and hired Ari Fleischer to dig up dirt to deflect the incompetent way Packers were handling the mess. He has been virtually worthless in making sure the Packers continue the tradition of excellence in Green Bay. IF you all have forgotten... GREEN BAY IS OR WAS TITLE TOWN USA. This team was always the most beloved team in the NFL. There were rabid Packers Fans everywhere. Sadly those numbers have dwindled and we are now looked at as just another team in the NFL.

We need a change at the end of this season period. Most of us who are honest have had enough of these three idiots.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#80 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:34 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm not watching another down of football from this team. I've got better things to do with my Sunday afternoons than watch worms ****.

Yeah, this team has gotten very annoying. It's either the defense giving up 80 yard drives in the last 2 minutes or Aaron overthrowing a wide open receiver and then rolling his eyes. Rinse and repeat

Return to Green Bay Packers