Falcons Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Falcons Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Choke job by Atlanta today. How in the hell will we cover Julio. A.J. Hawk will probably make the big play..
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Re: Falcons Lead Up 

Post#2 » by HKPackFan » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:59 pm

Randall and Rollins need to come back quick but even then I think it's a tough job to cover Julio.
#FreeChuckDiesel
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,283

Post#3 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 am

The Falcons are good,they're at home and they're going to be pissed off coming off 2 frustrating losses.

It's going to be a very long day for the Packers.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#4 » by RiotPunch » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:08 am

Julio is pretty much impossible to cover. Need constant pressure on Ryan and cover the check-downs.

I'm expecting us to get beat, but hoping we can keep it close and have a shot. Maybe Aaron recaptures some of his 2010 SB run mojo.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:01 am

We'll score on these guys. Atlanta 2.5 point favorite
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#6 » by bizarro » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 am

Atlanta is a team who the Packers tend to play well against. Our secondary and young LB's will have their hands full. I am prepared for a 7-14 point loss. I like the progress of the Montgomery experiment. A Rod has played a touch better of late. Jordy's potential decline is upon us given his age and only recent recovery. The loss of Cook really hurts. Currently, we are a check down and Adams offense. I'm fine with that but let's get Cobb in this short game too. He has shown flashes this season but he's also had opportunities to make more big plays (I.e. Two drops vs. Bears). I am preparing for an ongoing roller-coaster of a season w missing the playoffs as legit an option as another heartbreaking loss to kick us out. I simply hope the Brewers rebuild - a rebuild I agree with on a fairly consistent basis since Stearns - comes to fruition for the sake of sanity.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#7 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:25 am

Don't underestimate the Falcons ability to choke.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#8 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:37 am

I worry MM is declaring everything fixed and going back to routes with everything running deep vertical routes getting completely shutdown on 1 on 1s. While Rodgers stands in the pocket for 5 seconds either while no one is open, or randomly passing over guys wide open. And having a frustrating 3 hours while I'm up at 4:30AM and have to go to work pissed off at 7:30AM watching my team suck and only getting 4 hours of sleep on top of it.

OK sorry my rant is over.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#9 » by Outlander » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Atlanta doing their joke job early this early, expect more of the same.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Falcons are 26th in yards against and 27th in points against for defense. 23rd in sacks percentage. 27th in QB rating allowed. 31st in passing yards allowed. I would hope we try and institute clock chewing drives with the short passing game on these guys.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,683

Post#11 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Having a nice relaxing Sunday to just watch football and not stress about the Packer game, none of the NFC contenders looked good. Minnesota and Seattle have atrocious offenses. Arizona might be the most underwhelming team in the league considering their talent at the skill positions. The Falcons have limitations on defense and won't be able to out-score opponents every game. And I can't trust Dallas and Philly to stay consistent with rookie QBs.

For as bad to mediocre as the Packers have played through 6 games, if Rodgers even regains 60% of his prior MVP form and our secondary can get healthy, I don't see why this team shouldn't be one of if not THE favorite to come out of the NFC.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#12 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Having a nice relaxing Sunday to just watch football and not stress about the Packer game, none of the NFC contenders looked good. Minnesota and Seattle have atrocious offenses. Arizona might be the most underwhelming team in the league considering their talent at the skill positions. The Falcons have limitations on defense and won't be able to out-score opponents every game. And I can't trust Dallas and Philly to stay consistent with rookie QBs.

For as bad to mediocre as the Packers have played through 6 games, if Rodgers even regains 60% of his prior MVP form and our secondary can get healthy, I don't see why this team shouldn't be one of if not THE favorite to come out of the NFC.

This is definitely an accurate analysis, and we're only one game behind in the North. The Packers problems are very fixable from a team level (Rodgers can only fix himself). I was optimistic about some of the offensive schemes we ran against Chicago, but my fear is MM is going to just revert back to what wasn't working before. Our defense is good (at least the front seven is). I don't expect them to play at such a high level the entire season, but if the offense can perform (and capitalize better) like they did Thursday, I don't see why this team can't be a threat in the NFC.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#13 » by BigDee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#14 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:36 pm

It's going to be fun watching the Packers execute a 17-play, 8-minute drive that ends in a FG only to have Ryan find Julio for a 75 yard bomb on the next Falcons possession.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#15 » by crkone » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:38 pm

humanrefutation wrote:It's going to be fun watching the Packers execute a 17-play, 8-minute drive that ends in a FG only to have Ryan find Julio for a 75 yard bomb on the next Falcons possession.

That optimistic? :o I'm expecting a Rodgers int in the endzone.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
dietac
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#16 » by dietac » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 pm

humanrefutation wrote:It's going to be fun watching the Packers execute a 17-play, 8-minute drive that ends in a FG only to have Ryan find Julio for a 75 yard bomb on the next Falcons possession.

We used to do that all the time and our defense was dead in the 2nd half.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,283

Post#17 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Having a nice relaxing Sunday to just watch football and not stress about the Packer game, none of the NFC contenders looked good. Minnesota and Seattle have atrocious offenses. Arizona might be the most underwhelming team in the league considering their talent at the skill positions. The Falcons have limitations on defense and won't be able to out-score opponents every game. And I can't trust Dallas and Philly to stay consistent with rookie QBs.

I feel the total opposite.

Seattle,Arizona and Minnesota don't just have good defenses,they have scary good defenses.Those 3 teams would scare the hell out of me defensively if the Packers offense was still playing at the level it was in 2014.Obviously our current version of offense is a far cry of what it was in 2014.

Dallas and Philly look really solid,both of them look considerably better than the Packers have at this point.Dallas already came to Lambeau and show us that the gap between us and them is a pretty wide one.I think Philly is better than us as well.

I think Atlanta,like Dallas did will show us that the gap between us and them is a pretty wide one this Sunday.

I think you can make a pretty strong case that the Packers might be the 6th or 7th best team in the NFC this season.We'll see because we play all the teams I just mentioned with the exception of Arizona.We're already 0-2 vs Minnesota & Dallas.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#18 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:10 pm

BigDee wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's been playing with it all season. I think it explains his drop off.

Well, may as well get Hawkins some snaps.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#19 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:13 pm

rilamann wrote:

I feel the total opposite.

Seattle,Arizona and Minnesota don't just have good defenses,they have scary good defenses.Those 3 teams would scare the hell out of me defensively if the Packers offense was still playing at the level it was in 2014.Obviously our current version of offense is a far cry of what it is was in 2014.

Dallas and Philly look really solid,both of them look considerably better than the Packers have at this point.Dallas already came to Lambeau and show us that the gap between us and them is a pretty wide one.I think Philly is better than us as well.

I think Atlanta,like Dallas did will show us that the gap between us and them is a pretty wide one this Sunday.

I think you can make a pretty strong case that the Packers might be the 6th or 7th best team in the NFC this season.We'll see because we play all the teams I just mentioned with the exception of Arizona.We're already 0-2 vs Minnesota & Dallas.

Arians is doing a MM impression in these big prime time games. Mismanaged the NE game and last night was terrible.

The Vikings offensive line is a problem. Even when the Packers lost, they were getting pressure on Bradford and hit him so many times. He just was making every single throw without slumping CBs.

The Packers OL is pretty damn good if they stay healthy they can protect Rodgers but the issue is the WRs, the scheme and Rodgers being risk averse and holding onto the ball too long.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#20 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Always interesting to seem some stick by the idea that Atlanta is a damn good team that's going to smoke us after two losses but the moment the Packers lost to Minnesota by 3 in Minnesota we sucked and would lucky to make the playoffs and be one n done.

Have rough week against Dallas and people want MM fired and Rodgers benched. Minnesota gets absolutely thumped with all their flaws on display and it's "don't worry their D will carry them"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

Return to Green Bay Packers