Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,577

Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#241 » by Profound23 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:05 am

bizarro wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
emunney wrote:I'm really into this Haason Reddick cat. Any chance he's there for us at 29?

Seems like his range is #20-#35.

Post combine, it appears his range starts at 14/15 actually. Really don't think he makes it to us, unfortunately.

I watched one of their games against Penn St. and posted about him early in the year and how I would love to get him in the later rounds.

By the end of the year they were saying 3rd round so I was hoping to land him then. Great senior bowl moved him to 2nd round. Now with this combine, he will probably be gone before we can get him in the 1st.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#242 » by wichmae » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:47 pm

Came across this running list of official interviews we had. Somewhat interesting.

Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (COM)
Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (SR)
Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama (COM)
Jonathan McLaughlin, OT, Virginia Tech (EW)
Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA (EW)
T.J. Watt, 3-4OLB/OLB/ILB, Wisconsin (COM)
Joseph Williams, RB, Utah (EW)
Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#243 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:34 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Cook is probably the only offensive player I'd be happy if the Packers take in the 1st round.

D needs help too badly but I just can't argue with Cook at the end of round 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

So if Mike Williams fell to us and we took him you would be upset?

In that scenerio trade back.

I would likely agree if we get a ton of picks for it. But Mike Williams doesn't fall in most drafts this is a very deep draft. If you have a shot to get the #1-2 WR who could be the next AJ Green I think you take him. Cobb and Jordy are getting old and their contracts are up in I think 1-2 years.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,374

Post#244 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:21 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
So if Mike Williams fell to us and we took him you would be upset?

I would likely agree if we get a ton of picks for it. But Mike Williams doesn't fall in most drafts this is a very deep draft. If you have a shot to get the #1-2 WR who could be the next AJ Green I think you take him. Cobb and Jordy are getting old and their contracts are up in I think 1-2 years.

If you think he is a special receiver, sure, but he doesn't do that much for our super bowl chances in the short term...or rather not as much as shoring up the pass rush and cornerback situation.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#245 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:38 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

If you think he is a special receiver, sure, but he doesn't do that much for our super bowl chances in the short term...or rather not as much as shoring up the pass rush and cornerback situation.

Honestly do you think a rookie is going to fix our defense this season? The amount of needs we have on defense has to be fixed in FA not the draft. If we draft someone it is going to be 2 years before hes even good at pick 29. Do we waste another 2 years of AROD and wait until hes 36?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,059

Post#246 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:53 pm

If we're looking at shoring up the defense for next season, 2nd or 3rd tier FAs are more likely to help than rookies.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#247 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:57 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

Honestly do you think a rookie is going to fix our defense this season? The amount of needs we have on defense has to be fixed in FA not the draft. If we draft someone it is going to be 2 years before hes even good at pick 29. Do we waste another 2 years of AROD and wait until hes 36?

I would say a rookie pass rusher absolutely improves our defense this year. CB is to be determined, but it is absolutely possible for them to be big impact year 1. Jaylen Ramsey was a good recent example, but the reality is we need to Randall and Rollins to get a hell of a lot better for next year regardless.

I'll also add a WR would be an incremental improvement where as a pass rusher or cornerback could be a much larger impact. That is the point I was originally trying to get at.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#248 » by crkone » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#249 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:14 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I would say a rookie pass rusher absolutely improves our defense this year. CB is to be determined, but it is absolutely possible for them to be big impact year 1. Jaylen Ramsey was a good recent example, but the reality is we need to Randall and Rollins to get a hell of a lot better for next year regardless.

I'll also add a WR would be an incremental improvement where as a pass rusher or cornerback could be a much larger impact. That is the point I was originally trying to get at.

Ramsey was the top corner in the draft dude. We aren't getting a Jaylen Ramsey we would probably be picking from the 5th or 6th best corner at that point.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#250 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:16 pm

I like the idea of signing a handful of mid-level FAs on defense, then going heavy on offensive playmakers early in the draft.

FA:

Dontari Poe - DT
Datone Jones - OLB
Zach Brown - ILB
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB
Devon House - CB
Johnathan Cyprien - S

Draft:

1 - Bucky Hodges - TE
2 - Alvin Kamara - RB
3 - Joe Mixon - RB
4 - Dede Westbrook - WR

I honestly hate the thought of Mixon. 90% wants him no where near the NFL, but the 10% of me that sees him as a 1st round talent is nagging me this morning.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#251 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:23 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

Ramsey was the top corner in the draft dude. We aren't getting a Jaylen Ramsey we would probably be picking from the 5th or 6th best corner at that point.

Sure, I am just saying there are scenarios, but my larger point was some defensive pieces could add more than incremental WR gain.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#252 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:26 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I like the idea of signing a handful of mid-level FAs on defense, then going heavy on offensive playmakers early in the draft.

FA:

Dontari Poe - DT
Datone Jones - OLB
Zach Brown - ILB
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB
Devon House - CB
Johnathan Cyprien - S

Draft:

1 - Bucky Hodges - TE
2 - Alvin Kamara - RB
3 - Joe Mixon - RB
4 - Dede Westbrook - WR

I honestly hate the thought of Mixon. 90% wants him no where near the NFL, but the 10% of me that sees him as a 1st round talent is nagging me this morning.

How much do you think those FA go for.

Poe- 7 mil
Jones- 5 mil
Brown- 5 mil
Kirkpatrick- 4 mil
House- 4 mil
Cyrprien- 7 mil

or am I way off you think?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:31 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I like the idea of signing a handful of mid-level FAs on defense, then going heavy on offensive playmakers early in the draft.

FA:

Dontari Poe - DT
Datone Jones - OLB
Zach Brown - ILB
Dre Kirkpatrick - CB
Devon House - CB
Johnathan Cyprien - S

Draft:

1 - Bucky Hodges - TE
2 - Alvin Kamara - RB
3 - Joe Mixon - RB
4 - Dede Westbrook - WR

How much do you think those FA go for.

Poe- 7 mil
Jones- 5 mil
Brown- 5 mil
Kirkpatrick- 4 mil
House- 4 mil
Cyrprien- 7 mil

or am I way off you think?

Poe's coming off below average season, but he was so dominant early in his career that he might still get $10 million a season. If that's the case I'd pass. Zach Brown might get the most money of anyone on that list. My guess is Kirkpatrick gets closer to $7 million. I like Cyrprien a lot as a hitter but I don't know how he rates in coverage.

I will say I like Budda Baker a lot in the draft. He's one of the defenders in the later half of the 1st or early 2nd that I think could make an impact early. Might have a short NFL career but he'll hurt guys.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter

I really do hate that I'm even considering this guy.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#255 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean the packers could use a guy with some attitude to lite a fire under some people butts. But if hes that much of a character issue i might pass and take Karama or a later RB.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,740

Post#256 » by emunney » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:48 pm

I get it, but no way.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#257 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:50 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean the packers could use a guy with some attitude to lite a fire under some people butts. But if hes that much of a character issue i might pass and take Karama or a later RB.

You can't really extrapolate attitude and fire in a football sense because he broke a woman's face. If the Packers took him I'd assume they had talked to everyone the could on the Oklahoma team, local bartenders and people in the community, ran psych evals on Mixon, etc.

I don't know.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#258 » by BucksPackers » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

You can't really extrapolate attitude and fire in a football sense because he broke a woman's face. If the Packers took him I'd assume they had talked to everyone the could on the Oklahoma team, local bartenders and people in the community, ran psych evals on Mixon, etc.

I don't know.

Yikes didn't know all of that. Probably pass we don't need the next ray rice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#259 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:56 pm

The thing with Rice is he'd still be in the league if he could actually help a team. He wasn't forced to retire because of the punch, he was forced to retire because his talent was no longer enough to overshadow the distraction he'd bring to a franchise. The case of Tyreek Hill is probably the best comparison.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#260 » by Mags FTW » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:02 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Look at it this way. A dbag exists. That dbag is going to keep existing. You can provide an environment to help that dbag rehabilitate himself and succeed, or you can hope that the dbag fails which may lead to a Maurice Clarett or Lawrence Phillips situation.

You may also already be rooting for a guy who will turn out to be 100x the dbag that Mixon is (see Darren Sharper).

Return to Green Bay Packers