Bears Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Bears Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 pm

I love ending the season with 3 division games. Put up or shut up. We face a lousy Bears team and then 2 teams ahead of us. That said, even a lousy Bears team is dangerous. They would love nothing better than to knock us out of the playoffs. Fox is fighting for his job. Early weather forecast for Chicago is high of 10 on Sunday. Their turf is always crappy, even in warm weather. Hopefully we come out strong and Rodgers doesn't have to move around too much. We may never face the Bears again with Cutler. That's sad.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Re: Bears Lead Up 

Post#2 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm

It's funny seeing some Bears fans trying to convince themselves that Barkley is their long term answer.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Bears have gone DECADES without a good QB. McMahon was average, which was all that was needed with that defense. Makes me really appreciate 2 HOF QB's in a row.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#4 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm

Rodgers' calf is something to be worried about. I hope we step on the bears throats enough to where he can get some rest. OT-Reading about how much he has helped Hundley along is awesome. Opposite of Brett it seems.

Judging by his snap count, I think they've come to the realization that Starks is done. Nice guy and pretty nice little Packers career but if there is a tough roster decision the rest of the way he'd be at the top of my list to be cut.

Really liked what I saw from Michael. I know Rodgers likes his pre snap stuff but when he's in the game I would just simplify a bit. Love how low to the ground he runs and always falls forward. Maybe he can be part of a committee beyond this season. I don't think Lacy comes back.

Really glad they have been patient with Davante and not listened to idiots like me who wanted him cut. Given the hype of that WR class in his draft I was just kinda disappointed that we maybe got the one bum. Wrongo.

Capers is great. When we are semi healthy we look good even with mediocre talent. Play Crosby at IlB.

Lowry's motor is money.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,718

Post#5 » by emunney » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Yeah Davante is just whipping guys off the snap at this point, it's great to see. Good lord do they miss Earl Clark.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#6 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 am

This is a dangerous game. Trap game, overlooked opponent, on the road, in the division- all the cliches. I could see GB coming out like they did vs IND or something.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:29 am

Apparently, the Packers are officially moving Ty to running back. Not sure what that means practically, other than the fact that he'll have to change his number next year.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#8 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:38 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:This is a dangerous game. Trap game, overlooked opponent, on the road, in the division- all the cliches. I could see GB coming out like they did vs IND or something.

Perhaps but this bears team is the worst that I can ever remember. Honestly think we win by 2 TDs if Hundley started.
Do it for Chuck
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#9 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:23 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:This is a dangerous game. Trap game, overlooked opponent, on the road, in the division- all the cliches. I could see GB coming out like they did vs IND or something.

Perhaps but this bears team is the worst that I can ever remember. Honestly think we win by 2 TDs if Hundley started.

Didn't DET need a last-minute TD to beat them by 3 yesterday? Not that they're NOT a bad team or anything, but...

Our D just isn't consistent enough or good enough to take any game for granted- even a bad team led by a backup QB.

Plus-- Rodgers, Ty and Cobb are all banged up and Rodgers is certainly a concern.

But the main problem is this team just coming out flat sometimes (a la versus IND etc). And this week would be the week to pull that crap.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mags FTW » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:55 am

I agree that we shouldn't be overconfident going into this one. Would be very nervous if they still had Jeffrey and Miller available.

Contain Howard and make Barkley beat us.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#11 » by WRau1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:31 am

This Bears team is insanely bad, not worried about a letdown at all.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#12 » by HKPackFan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:21 am

We need to crush them early to destroy their spirit. Don't let them hang around and then get excited about being a spoiler.

How's Cook doing?
#FreeChuckDiesel
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#13 » by chuckleslove » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:36 am

I'm not worried about coming out overconfident and laying an egg. Our back's are still against the wall. We don't even control our own destiny yet we are 2 games behind the Lions and need to win out while also having them lose one of their next two.

Not saying its a sure thing that we win but I don't think it will be because we came in overconfident and lay an egg.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Forecast is now a high of 1 on Sunday in Chicago.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,479

Post#15 » by neiLz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Jeffrey is back this week I believe. Barkley sucks.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#16 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Forecast is now a high of 1 on Sunday in Chicago.

Yeah. This whole week is going to be brutal, but Sunday is going to be downright awful. The Bears are bad but they've played pretty hard this year. Hopefully the weather helps to cause them to fold early on Sunday.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mags FTW » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:48 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:Jeffrey is back this week I believe. Barkley sucks.

Dammit.

Barkley is better than Cutler from the standpoint that he won't just give the game to us with his mistakes.

It's a rivalry game. They'll play hard. Their D is actually 7th in the league in yards allowed.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,479

Post#18 » by neiLz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
ArodpwnsFavre wrote:Jeffrey is back this week I believe. Barkley sucks.

Dammit.

Barkley is better than Cutler from the standpoint that he won't just give the game to us with his mistakes.

It's a rivalry game. They'll play hard. Their D is actually 7th in the league in yards allowed.

I am a little worried about their defense. its decent and if barkley makes a few plays throwing it up to jeffrey the packers could be in trouble. I still am fairly confident though.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#19 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 pm

Jeffrey has been so bad this season that I'm honestly not sure it's a big boost for them to have him back.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#20 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:53 am

They have definitely been very competent on offense in recent weeks. They should be much tougher than when we faced them earlier.

Return to Green Bay Packers