ImageImage

Lions lead up. Battle for the North

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Lions lead up. Battle for the North 

Post#1 » by RRyder823 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Gets real simple for us. 5 down. One to go. Beat the Lions and we win the division. 31-21 GB in this one

Oh yeah we can clinch a wildcard before Sunday night if Washington loses also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Re: Lions lead up. Battle for the North 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Wish the Giants had something to play for. But they are #5 regardless . Even if they lose and go 10-6 they have the tiebreaker on the Lions. We have the tiebreaker on the Giants but if we go 10-6 we're #4 regardless. I hate the idea of NY in the playoffs even though we beat them at Lambeau earlier this year, they just have our number in January. But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, let's beat those f'n Lions.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#3 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:03 pm

I hope Capers trots out some new stuff he's been holding back. It seems like he does that for playoff games (or must-win games like @PHI a couple weeks back). Because Stafford should cut this secondary to absolute pieces.

I'm still not too worried about this one. Even if Stafford destroys us, we should be able to move the ball, use clock, and score- give Stafford less time with the ball and put pressure on him to keep up with our scoring. (Hopefully though MM doesn't prioritize using clock too highly- otherwise we could see a lot of 3-and-out series where we have: 2 straight runs then a 3rd-and-long conversion- that kills this offense).
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: Lions lead up. Battle for the North 

Post#4 » by RRyder823 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:58 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Wish the Giants had something to play for. But they are #5 regardless . Even if they lose and go 10-6 they have the tiebreaker on the Lions. We have the tiebreaker on the Giants but if we go 10-6 we're #4 regardless. I hate the idea of NY in the playoffs even though we beat them at Lambeau earlier this year, they just have our number in January. But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, let's beat those f'n Lions.

Thought if we win, Seattle loses, and Atlanta wins we move into the #3 seed. Too lazy to look it up before work

Edit: Just looked it up. Just need a Seattle loss and a win versus Detroit for the 3 seed

jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#5 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:44 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Wish the Giants had something to play for. But they are #5 regardless . Even if they lose and go 10-6 they have the tiebreaker on the Lions. We have the tiebreaker on the Giants but if we go 10-6 we're #4 regardless. I hate the idea of NY in the playoffs even though we beat them at Lambeau earlier this year, they just have our number in January. But I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, let's beat those f'n Lions.

Thought if we win, Seattle loses, and Atlanta wins we move into the #3 seed. Too lazy to look it up before work

Edit: Just looked it up. Just need a Seattle loss and a win versus Detroit for the 3 seed

RRyder823 wrote:

Niners coming off a win, hate the Seahawks and are at home. Obviously, Sea favored but there is an outside chance.........
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#6 » by Mags FTW » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:57 pm

If you're NY, do you want to ease up or knock out a team that beat you at home earlier in the year? You look really stupid if you lose to a team in the playoffs that you let walk in by going easy. The Bears had nothing to play for against us in Week 17 of 2010, but knew they wanted no part of us in the playoffs and tried to get rid of us.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,018

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:13 am

Well, looks like the Lions won't clinch a playoff berth tonight. But Stafford was limping off the field after the last drive.

It's going to be a big game next week. Lions have played us tougher recently. Need to go into Detroit and blow them out, because I'm not confident in our defense to stop them in a crunch time situation.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:30 am

Hopefully the Giants take a cue from the Boys and try to knock a team out when you can.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#9 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:04 am

Mags FTW wrote:Hopefully the Giants take a cue from the Boys and try to knock a team out when you can.

Yup. Gonna be rooting for NYG to break the hearts of Skins fans.

It'd be nice to have a ticket to the playoffs before kickoff.

Oh and also... lets hope it doesnt come to this..

zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#10 » by zmanishere11 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:40 pm

Does anyone have any of the matchup scenarios assuming we win, or lose and get in with a WAS loss?

My opinion is, if we lose in Detroit, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Although the idea of playing SEA in SEA is interesting, I think I'd rather have the higher draft position
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,240

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Man, Lions secondary looked bad last night. Unless we have turnovers, I don't see how we don't drop 30+ on that defense. On the flip side, they will likely murder us in the middle of the field passing. But I think Stafford has a turnover or two in him.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#12 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Man, Lions secondary looked bad last night. Unless we have turnovers, I don't see how we don't drop 30+ on that defense. On the flip side, they will likely murder us in the middle of the field passing. But I think Stafford has a turnover or two in him.

Will be a big help if sly is out again.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#13 » by RRyder823 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:46 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:Does anyone have any of the matchup scenarios assuming we win, or lose and get in with a WAS loss?

My opinion is, if we lose in Detroit, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Although the idea of playing SEA in SEA is interesting, I think I'd rather have the higher draft position

No offense but I DESPISE this position.

I want the last pick in the first round and will be hopeful for that untill it's no longer an option.

#runthetable

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#14 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:10 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
zmanishere11 wrote:Does anyone have any of the matchup scenarios assuming we win, or lose and get in with a WAS loss?

No offense but I DESPISE this position.

I want the last pick in the first round and will be hopeful for that untill it's no longer an option.

#runthetable

Yup, never waste a year of Aaron's prime if you make it to the playoffs. When it looked like we were a 7 win team, I was fine with thinking draft position but not now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#15 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:47 pm

A W and we win the NFCN

An L and a WAS W, we are out

An L and a WAS L, we are in as 6th seed
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,535

Post#16 » by Greatness » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:05 pm

It would be cool if both teams agreed to knee it for 60 minutes, as a tie will clinch a playoff spot for both. Obviously will never happen though.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#17 » by RRyder823 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:12 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

A W and we win the NFCN

An L and a WAS W, we are out

An L and a WAS L, we are in as 6th seed

Think he was asking about who'd we play in the WC round.

Packers win, Redskins win plus a Seattle loss= We play Washington in GB

Packers win, Redskins loss plus Seattle loss= We play Detroit in GB

Packers win plus a Seattle win= We play the Giants in GB

Packers loss, Redskins loss plus a Seattle win= We play Seattle in Seattle

Packers loss, Redskins loss, Atlanta loss plus a Seattle win= We play Atlanta in Atlanta

Packers loss, Redskins loss, Seattle loss plus a Atlanta win= We play Detroit in Detroit

This is all off the top of my head as I'm not sure where tiebreakers stand, especially in regards to Detroit/Atlanta, so feel free to correct but I'm 99% sure the only seeds locked in stone are the #1 and #5 seeds.

One thing I know is win and we're in.

Thought about mentioning TB but for them to get in they need to win plus for like 5 other games to go their way so if they do get in I'll just bet on them to win it all cause it's obviously fate at that point

raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#19 » by raysbookclub » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Greatness wrote:It would be cool if both teams agreed to knee it for 60 minutes, as a tie will clinch a playoff spot for both. Obviously will never happen though.

I'd imagine the NFL could penalize the teams if this happened. Like losing draft picks. Besides the fact that they each want the home playoff game, and they're competitors.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#20 » by raysbookclub » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Glad that Bulaga and Gunter are practicing. Slay back to practice seems pretty quick for a hammy, that can't be easy to play on.

Wonder if Cobb will play. I guess Cobb and Slay could be pulled if Washington wins in the afternoon.

Return to Green Bay Packers