humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#61 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:00 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
Read on Twitter

Posting your own tweets should be an immediate ban, IMO. ;)
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#62 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:07 am

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#63 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:10 am

humanrefutation wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Read on Twitter

Posting your own tweets should be an immediate ban, IMO. ;)

This place would be the sports equivalent of CSPAN without me. :D
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#65 » by jazzfanWA » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 am

Schum 3 punts 55/yds avg.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#66 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:41 am

I wish our offense could be more like the Steelers. Fire Mike McMarthy.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#67 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:42 am

Studs:

Crosby- Two big kicks

I could list them but literally every starter on offense deserves to be listed. Rodgers was great as usual but EVERY BODY stepped up and made plays.

Schum- God it feels weird typing this but he had a good day. Bats set low i guess.

1 quarter D- They did hold them to 3 points

Hyde- Came to play

Duds:

D the rest of the game- Have a hard time holding a whole lot against them at this point as ANY stop is a win when you get this beat up on one side of the ball. Still though need to do better even if it's with smoke n mirrors.

Mathews- Gets called out specifically for being so bad. No matter how he plays next week they need to look at that contract. He's just can't be counted on consistently

Refs- Good lord those missed defensive holding calls were bad. Rule of thumb should be if a recievers shoulder pad is showing just from running a route something probably happened.

That's all. Don't get the hate on MM trying to burn clock before the first FG attempt. Burning up clock on that situation is generally a good idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#68 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 am

Reddit is filled with salty Bear and Viking fans whining about how Rodgers was praised for holding him to the ball.
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#69 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:46 am

Mags FTW wrote:

Reddit is filled with salty Bear and Viking fans whining about how Rodgers was praised for holding him to the ball.

Before he even got hit I was saying "oh ****". That type of clear run from the blind side results on a fumble at least 80% of the time

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#70 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:48 am

After the Hail Mary's and tonight's late game heroics, and a few other pretty late game amazing plays over the last couple of years, I hope any of the "non-Clutch" comments about Rodgers have been put to bed. Forever.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM

Post#71 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49 am

RRyder823 wrote:Don't get the hate on MM trying to burn clock before the first FG attempt. Burning up clock on that situation is generally a good idea

He didn't try to burn the clock. He called **** up the middle running plays while the Cowboys still had timeouts which put us in a 3rd and long and forced a 56 yard FG attempt.

He was calling plays like we could just run the clock all the way down to just a few seconds and that wasn't going to happen without getting another 1st down.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#72 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 am

RRyder823 wrote:Studs:

Crosby- Two big kicks

I could list them but literally every starter on offense deserves to be listed. Rodgers was great as usual but EVERY BODY stepped up and made plays.

Schum- God it feels weird typing this but he had a good day. Bats set low i guess.

1 quarter D- They did hold them to 3 points

Hyde- Came to play

Duds:

D the rest of the game- Have a hard time holding a whole lot against them at this point as ANY stop is a win when you get this beat up on one side of the ball. Still though need to do better even if it's with smoke n mirrors.

Mathews- Gets called out specifically for being so bad. No matter how he plays next week they need to look at that contract. He's just can't be counted on consistently

Refs- Good lord those missed defensive holding calls were bad. Rule of thumb should be if a recievers shoulder pad is showing just from running a route something probably happened.

That's all. Don't get the hate on MM trying to burn clock before the first FG attempt. Burning up clock on that situation is generally a good idea

Agreed, Especially on Mathews. He's been crappy all season minus about 1 game. No big plays, and having one of the biggest contract's on the entire team is a problem when his performance is not even average.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#73 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:54 am

trwi7 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Don't get the hate on MM trying to burn clock before the first FG attempt. Burning up clock on that situation is generally a good idea

He didn't try to burn the clock. He called **** up the middle running plays while the Cowboys still had timeouts which put us in a 3rd and long and forced a 56 yard FG attempt.

He was calling plays like we could just run the clock all the way down to just a few seconds and that wasn't going to happen without getting another 1st down.

The draw wasn't a bad play call. Your trying to catch the D off guard and at worst burn a TO. And no the you wouldn't be able to run it all the way down without a 1st but making them burn TOs is important also just in case you don't get it.

I get the wanting it called differently. It's just not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be

trwi7
RealGM

Post#74 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:55 am

Read on Twitter

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#75 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:56 am

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#76 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:57 am

trwi7 wrote:

I don't mind the first down run. But oh man 2nd and 8 and going with a heavy run formation no WRs just a **** load of blockers, it looked like the similar play as the 4th and inches that went nowhere last week. Rodgers is in MVP mode, Dallas has tons of timeouts and that play is completely OPPOSITE of our offense. We are not designed for those plays and it was a ridiculous call. I'm pretty much OK with any play on 2nd and 8 except a disaster of a run play like that or some silly pitch. You can call a hundred different west coast throws for 3 yards and churn the clock, heck even go Dick Rodgers in his 1 yard check down is a smarter play than that horrible call.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#77 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:59 am

HKPackFan wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I don't mind the first down run. But oh man 2nd and 8 and going with a heavy run formation no WRs just a **** load of blockers, it looked like the similar play as the 4th and inches that went nowhere last week. Rodgers is in MVP mode, Dallas has tons of timeouts and that play is completely OPPOSITE of our offense. We are not designed for those plays and it was a ridiculous call. I'm pretty much OK with any play on 2nd and 8 except a disaster of a run play like that or some silly pitch. You can call a hundred different west coast throws for 3 yards and churn the clock, heck even go Dick Rodgers in his 1 yard check down is a smarter play than that horrible call.

I don't dissagree. Just don't think it's torch worthy

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#78 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:01 am

Fantastic game. Nice to have one of these go our way for once. Hopefully some of these guys can get healthy for next week.

Have to think Atlanta not happy about facing GB.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#79 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:03 am

RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

I don't dissagree. Just don't think it's torch worthy

It's my only complaint on the playcalling. Otherwise I thought the gameplan on offense was solid. I wanted MM's head but he did get his team to play today. My expectations were so so low, I thought Dallas had better talent and fresher legs.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager

Post#80 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 am

8 down. 2 to go.

Atlanta is a damn good team, our secondary is the walking wounded and their offense is scary but I just can't envision Rodgers going into a dome and losing at this point

Return to Green Bay Packers