ImageImage

PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#81 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:17 am

6 straight games with 30+ points. 2 basically without Jordy.

I'll say it again, if we sign Cook, Lacy, and Michael, I seriously contemplate spending every single draft pick on D. Unless an explosive offensive player like Cook, Fournette, etc. falls to us in the first.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#82 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:18 am

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#83 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25 am

Mags FTW wrote:6 straight games with 30+ points. 2 basically without Jordy.

I'll say it again, if we sign Cook, Lacy, and Michael, I seriously contemplate spending every single draft pick on D. Unless an explosive offensive player like Cook, Fournette, etc. falls to us in the first.

I don't know if we need to sign Lacy. Montgomery is going to be a full time RB moving forward and he's just a lot more versatile. I'll bring Eddie back on a short term deal, but I'm not going all out to sign him.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#84 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:25 am

Mags FTW wrote:6 straight games with 30+ points. 2 basically without Jordy.

Cook and Michael yes, Lacy on a modest deal also OK but if he wants big money then no.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#85 » by Siefer » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:39 am

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,947

Post#86 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:47 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Post#87 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 am

humanrefutation wrote:

Great point. I agree that it was the kind of play that 99% of the time turns into a sack fumble.

My wife was so heated at the sack, I was counting my blessings and told her Rodgers may have just made the play of the game by holding on to that ball.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#88 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:04 am

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/falcons-vs-packers-betting-odds-opening-line-point-spread-total-over-under-2017-nfc-championship/

Falcons -4.5

Over/Under 58.5

I predict over 60+ points in this game, I'd take that over. I also think the Packers beat that spread. Gonna come down to a late game score, whomever has the ball last.
#FreeChuckDiesel
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#89 » by FAH1223 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:09 am

HKPackFan wrote:http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/falcons-vs-packers-betting-odds-opening-line-point-spread-total-over-under-2017-nfc-championship/

Falcons -4.5

Over/Under 58.5

I predict over 60+ points in this game, I'd take that over. I also think the Packers beat that spread. Gonna come down to a late game score, whomever has the ball last.

What's crazy is that even without Earl Thomas, I take SEA's defense over ours any day and ATL carved em up in that 2nd half. Guys were running so wide open within seconds after the snap.

MM can't get conservative... he actually called a good game back in the first matchup. But this defense can't be on the field last. Matthews with his bad shoulder can't rush the passer (should just play ILB) and hopefully Peppers can show up. Perry on one arm is our best pass rusher.

Gunter did an admirable job on Julio the first game... Julio also got hurt too

Rollins being back would be a welcome sight... Randall was terrible today.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,533

Post#90 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:16 am

Is Tramon Williams available?
:lol:
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#91 » by LittleRooster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:20 am

Profound23 wrote:Is Tramon Williams available?
:lol:

Peanut Tillman was looking to sign
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#92 » by glenn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:50 am

trwi7 wrote:The most amazing game you'll ever play.

http://philome.la/BadgerNoonan/mike-mccarthys-3-minute-mania/play

:rofl:

:reporter:
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#93 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:56 am

Just want to give props to Nick Perry. We were getting destroyed every 3rd down (at least in the 2nd half it felt that way), and I believe Nick Perry got a block/deflection on 3rd and 3 forcing Dallas to go for the FG. I'm pretty sure it was Perry and it was 3rd down.

We had be **** the bed as a D on 3rd down, and that was one of the biggest most timely plays ever.

I'm sure all of us were expecting on 3rd and 3 our clownlike defense to give up a TD or give up a 15 yard completion and give them 1st and goal or something vomit worthy. For Nick to show up big at that moment is just such a big deal. Without that play there's probably no Rodgers heroics, no legendary sideline throw on 3rd and 20 and no clutch kick by Crosby FTW.
#FreeChuckDiesel
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#94 » by LikeABosh » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 am

HKPackFan wrote:Just want to give props to Nick Perry. We were getting destroyed every 3rd down (at least in the 2nd half it felt that way), and I believe Nick Perry got a block/deflection on 3rd and 3 forcing Dallas to go for the FG. I'm pretty sure it was Perry and it was 3rd down.

We had be **** the bed as a D on 3rd down, and that was one of the biggest most timely plays ever.

I'm sure all of us were expecting on 3rd and 3 our clownlike defense to give up a TD or give up a 15 yard completion and give them 1st and goal or something vomit worthy. For Nick to show up big at that moment is just such a big deal. Without that play there's probably no Rodgers heroics, no legendary sideline throw on 3rd and 20 and no clutch kick by Crosby FTW.

Matthews also made a nice cut inside to hit Dak as he was throwing. Not sure how accurate that throw would've been, but glad Perry removed all doubt
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#95 » by bizarro » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:05 am

WOW. What a game. I knew the outcome and even that didn't change the fact I have adrenaline pumping through my veins watching Mason kick that game winner. WOW.

So, all in all an amazing all around game and I definitely have some observations and key notes:

(1) That early penalty on Dallas' Butler for being in the huddle and leaving the huddle - unsportsmanlike and a 15 yd penalty - was absolutely huge. It led to a punt when we were up 7-3 and Dallas was driving. That could arguably be the play of the game to me.

(2) The blatant non-calls on two illegal contact/holds on Adams out of the break were simply inexplicable. Those were flat out too obvious. The first occurred in qtr 1 w/ 4:10 left at the 50 yard line. The 2nd at the 5:15 mark of quarter 2.

(3) Major props to Spriggs and Barclay when needed early. Lang left w/ a faulty chinstrap and Spriggs entered after Bakh was injured near the goalline. Neither one hiccuped during crucial snaps. I have to say: Any time I hear Barclay's name mentioned on a broadcast I run for cover.

(4) We got away with two potential illegal contacts on Witten near Dallas' goal line. Good to see those borderline misses go both ways.

(5)That throw to Cobb to open the 2nd half. GOAT.

(6) Brice played relatively amazingly and laid some major hits. Considering the magnitude of this game and the loss of an absolute veteran leader in Burnett, major props. AND, that INT drop. :nonono: (I know. I know. Hyde followed up w/ a better INT)

(7) Just after Hyde's INT and early in the following drive (where Rodgers throws his only bad throw of the game and it results in an INT!!! Unreal) we avoided a major disaster when Rodgers fumbled a shotgun snap and simply deflects the ball into an unprepared Montgomery's arms. I have no idea, still, how Monty held on to that ball. His years as a WR definitely came clutch in that play and the ability to hold onto the screen pass w/ 30 seconds remaining.

(8) With 8:21 remaining in the 3rd quarter, Land whiffs on a key block in a check down screen-type pass to Montgomery. He whiffed on Lee (who had a stellar game after giving up the TD to Rodgers early). Montgomery had huge real estate.

(9) Montgomery had an absolutely huge tackle on the INT return from Dallas. I don't know who else gets him if he misses that tackle. Maybe a lineman? That was a mistake throw by A-Rod. Clearly, Adams had the sideline. You know he wanted that one back.

(10) Can we just never run a soft zone or prevent defense again? Seriously. Can we stop with that? That Witten 1st down to start the 4th quarter on 3rd and long was a prime example of why we should simply never call that defense. Untouched. Right to first down marker. Catch and sits down. :nonono:

(11) I don't know if this has been talked about but if we're going to get on MM for his clock management: WTF were Garret and the Cowboys thinking spiking that ball on 1st down on their drive within a minute?!? They had a TO. You don't give A-Rod time.

Whew. What a game. What. A. Game. Feels so damn redemptive. So many monkeys falling off. It's a strange feeling! Let's enjoy this one and hope like hell we can pull something out in Atlanta.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#96 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:27 am

No matter what happens going forward this game is cemented in Packers Lore.

Some playoff games even if they aren't part of a Superbowl winning season still live on in Packers Lore.

For me: Favre's Detroit game (93 or 94) Where he launches to Sharpe 40 yards deep with 30 something seconds left.

Al Harris OT game vs Matt Hassleback.
Favre's last post season game win at Lambeau in the Seattle Snow Game.
And 1995 Packers coming out party where we destroy the 49ers. One of the all time great games.

For Rodgers any of the 2010 playoff games are memorable. Today's game now gets etched into Packers lore.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#97 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 am

Just to make people feel better about the Atlanta matchup our inactives for the first game were:

Montgomery
Cobb
Cook
Mathews
Randell

And we still only lost by one point.

Need Burnett to get healthy quick though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,524

Post#98 » by th87 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:48 am

Positives: obvious.

Negatives: MM going full bad MM by settling for the 56 yard FG. If we miss, Dallas drives 25 yards to win.

Defense is so laughably unreliable. We expect big 3rd down plays to be completed on us. We expect to be come back on. Scary.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: RE: Re: PGT: Dallas and Atlanta Lead Up 

Post#99 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:49 am

HKPackFan wrote:Just want to give props to Nick Perry. We were getting destroyed every 3rd down (at least in the 2nd half it felt that way), and I believe Nick Perry got a block/deflection on 3rd and 3 forcing Dallas to go for the FG. I'm pretty sure it was Perry and it was 3rd down.

Yeah perry played well all game; hes going to get paid but they need to keep him.

They also got some good plays out of some rookies. Clark, Allison, lowery, and Brice all played well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#100 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 am

HKPackFan wrote:http://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/falcons-vs-packers-betting-odds-opening-line-point-spread-total-over-under-2017-nfc-championship/

Falcons -4.5

Over/Under 58.5

Woah the line jumped to 60.5 already. I'm guessing it moves a little more. I'd still take the over.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers