Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks 

Post#1961 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 8:57 pm

Profound23 wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:Any chance Ted is calling his old pal to see what the price for Richard Sherman is?

Doesn't sound like a Ted move to me, but they are asking for a good player and a high pick.

Offer Cobb and our 2nd.

I'd do that but I don't think Seattle would trade him to Green Bay barring a massive overpay.
Do it for Chuck
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,231

Post#1962 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:04 pm

I'd be excited to see our team with some guys that actually speak out and have some fire. I wouldn't be surprised if we could win a Super Bowl with Bennett and Sherman firing the guys up.
Misery loves company
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#1963 » by Profound23 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:13 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:Any chance Ted is calling his old pal to see what the price for Richard Sherman is?

Doesn't sound like a Ted move to me, but they are asking for a good player and a high pick.

Offer Cobb and our 2nd.

I'd do that but I don't think Seattle would trade him to Green Bay barring a massive overpay.

I would make that 2nd into a 1st and let them take Adams instead of Cobb if they also include Michael Bennett.

Could you imagine Michael Bennett, Martellus Bennett, and Sherman together?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,003

Post#1964 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:21 pm

I think you guys are really overestimating what it would take to get Sherman.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,231

Post#1965 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:23 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think you guys are really overestimating what it would take to get Sherman.

I tend to lean this way as well. I feel like if you offered them a second rounder they may take it, if they're serious of getting rid of highly paid 29 year old corner.
Misery loves company
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1966 » by Profound23 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:44 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I think you guys are really overestimating what it would take to get Sherman.

I tend to lean this way as well. I feel like if you offered them a second rounder they may take it, if they're serious of getting rid of highly paid 29 year old corner.

I would trade a 2nd for Sherman too. However, Cobb is going to probably be cut anyways if we are going to re-sign Adams so just add him in to sweeten the deal and avoid some of that hard cap hit.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1967 » by bdpecore » Thu Apr 6, 2017 9:57 pm

Not sure Seattle would value Cobb as much as someone like Bulaga since their O-Line is pretty depleted. Offer up Bulaga and our 3rd for Sherman. Spriggs can start at RT and we now have a shut down CB to anchor our secondary. The big thing now is adding O-Line depth either by signing someone like Pasztor who can play both guard and tackle while still drafting another OL in the 4th or 5th for depth. Then use our 1st to trade down and get an early 2nd and 3rd from a team wanting to draft a QB.

Edit: I would've willing to offer up our 2nd instead of the 3rd if got the deal done.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1968 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:03 pm

I think as is the line will be fine. Take away another piece and we'll have problems. Sherman ain't worth the stability Bulaga provides and certainly not just throwing in a pick too.

The more I think of it the more I think Seattle is seeing decline and trying to bail while they can get some value. Not sure he fits our system, though I think you'd want him to just shadow every team's number one.
Do it for Chuck
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1969 » by bdpecore » Fri Apr 7, 2017 1:25 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I think as is the line will be fine. Take away another piece and we'll have problems. Sherman ain't worth the stability Bulaga provides and certainly not just throwing in a pick too.

The more I think of it the more I think Seattle is seeing decline and trying to bail while they can get some value. Not sure he fits our system, though I think you'd want him to just shadow every team's number one.

I guess it all depends on how confident they are on sliding Spriggs into a starting role. McCarthy has already said he views Jason as a starting left tackle in the league. Then we just need some additional depth which Pasztor and a 3-5th round pick would cover.

As for Sherman fitting our scheme. I think Dom would rework his scheme to fit his personnel like he did with Woodson and more recently Matthews when he was playing inside.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1970 » by crkone » Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:52 pm

http://people.com/celebrity/olivia-munn-aaron-rodgers-split

Olivia Munn and Aaron Rodgers have split.

“They have amicably ended their relationship of three years,” a source close to the situation confirms to PEOPLE exclusively. The source says the couple “remains close friends and wish nothing but the best for each other moving forward.”

The actress, 36, and Green Bay Packers quarterback, 33, began dating at the end of 2014.

Munn and Rodgers’ breakup comes two months after the couple fueled engagement rumors in January when she was spotted wearing a diamond sparkler on her left-hand ring finger.

:reporter:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#1971 » by jazzfanWA » Fri Apr 7, 2017 2:13 pm

crkone wrote:http://people.com/celebrity/olivia-munn-aaron-rodgers-split

“They have amicably ended their relationship of three years,” a source close to the situation confirms to PEOPLE exclusively. The source says the couple “remains close friends and wish nothing but the best for each other moving forward.”

The actress, 36, and Green Bay Packers quarterback, 33, began dating at the end of 2014.

Munn and Rodgers’ breakup comes two months after the couple fueled engagement rumors in January when she was spotted wearing a diamond sparkler on her left-hand ring finger.

Aaron must be going through a football mid-life crisis and decide it was time for younger and not older.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#1972 » by Profound23 » Fri Apr 7, 2017 3:16 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:

Aaron must be going through a football mid-life crisis and decide it was time for younger and not older.

My question is now who will the completely insane/unreasonable Packer fans blame now? Will this be the year they blame the break-up?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1973 » by crkone » Fri Apr 7, 2017 3:17 pm

Profound23 wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:

My question is now who will the completely insane/unreasonable Packer fans blame now? Will this be the year they blame the break-up?

It'll be that she was a beard and he is going through some gay denial/acceptance thing.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#1974 » by LUKE23 » Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:58 pm

Lock the Packers in as SB Champions. Rodgers will be out for even more blood than normal.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1975 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Apr 7, 2017 8:25 pm

Saw the article on ESPN where a deal that the Jets got for Revis (first & a future mid-late pick) from Tampa would be similar to what the Seahawks are asking for. I'd give them a first rounder and next year's 5th or 6th rounder. At least he's a proven talent and you know what you're getting with him. He immediately solidifies your CB situation too. I just don't think it's realistic to think they'd trade Sherman to one of their biggest competitors, unless they really do just want to get out from underneath that contract.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#1976 » by Frank Nova » Fri Apr 7, 2017 11:21 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:Saw the article on ESPN where a deal that the Jets got for Revis (first & a future mid-late pick) from Tampa would be similar to what the Seahawks are asking for. I'd give them a first rounder and next year's 5th or 6th rounder. At least he's a proven talent and you know what you're getting with him. He immediately solidifies your CB situation too. I just don't think it's realistic to think they'd trade Sherman to one of their biggest competitors, unless they really do just want to get out from underneath that contract.

Rumor has it now that Seattle is unwillingly to trade Sherman to anyone in the NFC. Packers find themselves an elite shut down corner and hit on a draft pick or 2 and you can probably pencil them in to represent the NFC in the ship. Barring injuries or anything catastrophic obviously... makes sense from Seattles side, they likely don't want to make a move that clearly could come back to bite them in the ass.

I'd rather cough up a player Seattle values and a future pick depending on who the player is. Cobb and a future 3rd or even 2nd? Yeah, see ya later Randy.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#1977 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:10 am

I'd give up that for a shutdown corner. But I wonder how good Sherman really is at this point. He had a lot of support from a ferocious pass rush, excellent cover linebackers, and possibly the best safety tandem in the league. We have good safeties, but everything else is a question mark.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: RE: Re: Offseason Thread: Perry/Bennett/Kendricks 

Post#1978 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:12 am

Profound23 wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:

I know I'd be pretty sad if I was losing Olivia Munn.

Then again, I'm not an MVP Quarterback worth millions of dollars. He'll bounce back.

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1979 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:47 am

It's not that surprising to me that this happened, though. Rodgers and Munn were at that classic fork in the road for a lot of couples, where you've been together for long enough where you have to decide whether it's going anywhere long-term.

I don't think this necessarily leads to a reconciliation between Aaron and his family, though. You don't cut off a family simply because they don't like your s/o - those wounds have to run deep.

Profound23
RealGM

Post#1980 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 1:53 am

humanrefutation wrote:I'd give up that for a shutdown corner. But I wonder how good Sherman really is at this point. He had a lot of support from a ferocious pass rush, excellent cover linebackers, and possibly the best safety tandem in the league. We have good safeties, but everything else is a question mark.

He guarded the right side and the right side of the Seahawks pass defense was #1 in every category even without Earl Thomas.

Return to Green Bay Packers