ImageImage

NFL Draft: Day two discussion (rounds 2 & 3)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Re: NFL Draft: Day two discussion (rounds 2 & 3) 

Post#301 » by bdpecore » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:08 am

wichmae wrote:Beckwith gone. Not much left for inside guys. Gedeon is there but not better than Blake or Jake. Lawson or Biegel have to be looked at. Perine would be my RB to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Anthony Walker Jr, Jayon Brown, Blair Brown, Elijah Lee, Marquel Lee and Ben Boulware are all options for ILB besides Ben Gedeon. I'm more concerned about edge rusher since I only see Lawson, Phillips and Biegel as quality options who are still available. Although Lawson would be a huge value pick at 108 since he is clearly possesses 1st round talent when healthy.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,192

Re: RE: Re: NFL Draft: Day two discussion (rounds 2 & 3) 

Post#302 » by RRyder823 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:14 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
wichmae wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:TT loves trolling us by spending high picks on every defensive position but ILB.

Same take I had on the previous post. We're back up at 108. Still can get a guy there. Beckwith, Lawson, Biegel all still there

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

He'll take his Jake Ryans and Blake Martinez's in the middle rounds. He just refuses to spend a Day 1 or 2 pick on that position and I don't know why.

Because despite popular suggestion it's at best the 3rd least valued position on the team excluding Punter n Kickers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#303 » by Jollay » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:46 am

You guys can lecture how ILBs aren't important in a 3-4 all you want but literally every team that runs a 3-4 values them way more highly than the Packers.

Never mind guys like Kuechly and Lewis. If you haven't seen Kendricks' impact on the,Vikings, or how much better the Steelers were with a healthy Shazier or the Niners absolutely relying on Willis, Borland and then trading up for Foster you don't watch enough football.

And we can still aspire to at least have two starters who grade out close to average without valuing the position critically. You know--not going into seasons with guys like Nate Palmer as starters...guys who shouldn't even be in the league.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#304 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:46 pm

Jollay wrote:You guys can lecture how ILBs aren't important in a 3-4 all you want but literally every team that runs a 3-4 values them way more highly than the Packers.

Never mind guys like Kuechly and Lewis. If you haven't seen Kendricks' impact on the,Vikings, or how much better the Steelers were with a healthy Shazier or the Niners absolutely relying on Willis, Borland and then trading up for Foster you don't watch enough football.

And we can still aspire to at least have two starters who grade out close to average without valuing the position critically. You know--not going into seasons with guys like Nate Palmer as starters...guys who shouldn't even be in the league.

I laugh because every year we avoid nasty, hard hitting ILBs in the 1st round and people make excuses.......then midway through the season all the same fans who make excuses for passing up these guys are whining we don't have enough speed and toughness in the middle of the field.

As usual, I will wait to see the finished product. However, considering we could right now have Reuben Foster, Jordan Willis (or Alvin Kamara) and Rasul Douglas I am not too happy. Plenty of speed, productivity, and toughness....while fitting needs. I assume most of our picks today will be spent on offense (OL, WR, RB).

I'm also disappointed we missed out on James Connor, but don't blame our GM because nobody thought he would go in the 3rd. Ironically I compared him to Bell and now he is going to back him up and possibly replace him in a few years.
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#305 » by BucksPackers » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Hoping we don't take a rb forcing TT to sign Charles.
BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#306 » by BucksPackers » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 pm

I love this draft. Haha and Jones are going to be stud safeties of the future. Two big safties that can cover sideline to sideline. And king is looking like the next Richard Sherman. Our secondary is looking 100x better. Good work TT. Jones or Burnett will play the Hyde roll this season and Burnett is a FA next year so looking like we won't be signing him if jones turns into the beast I think he will.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#307 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:02 pm

The entire AFC North owned this draft so far. Ravens rebuilt that defense....Bengals with Mixon/John Ross/My guy Jordan Willis......and of course the Browns. That division is going to be strong in a couple of years.

Other great drafts: 49ers, Arizona, Colts, Chargers, Jacksonville, and Eagles
Profound23
RealGM

Post#308 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:25 pm

GUYS left that I would like:

OLB/edge:Carl Lawson, Biegel, Carraway
RB:Perine, McNichols, Mack, Pumphrey
Te: Bucky Hodges, Jake Butt, Jordan Leggett
Wr: Malachi Dupre, Dede Westbrook, Noah Brown
ILB: Gedeon, Boulware, Jayon Brown
QB:Dobbs or Kaaya
A number of offensive lineman and

Rehkow with our last pick

Return to Green Bay Packers