ImageImage

Round 2, Pick #33 - Kevin King CB

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Re: Round 2, Pick #33 - Kevin King CB 

Post#181 » by BucksPackers » Tue May 9, 2017 3:52 pm

The patriots obviously think that ILB is a position of importance or they would of let hightower leave. A team like NE would never play a player in a spot that they thought wasn't important.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: Round 2, Pick #33 - Kevin King CB 

Post#182 » by M-C-G » Tue May 9, 2017 4:15 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

If we wanted King that bad we would of taken him 29 and not traded down. TT wouldn't of risked that if he thought KING was a #1 CB talent.

Like I said, he obviously had a short list where he was comfortable with one of the guys that would be there even if that was not solely at the CB position. We also know this was a pretty historic depth at the position and maybe he thought he could get King later (trading down again) but when the threat of Seattle taking him emerged, he pulled the trigger.

Still if he thought KING was a #1 for sure he wouldn't of made that choice if Shut down CB is the most coveted position that you proclaimed lol.

Seems like a bit of a leap of logic...I think it is more likely he thought he could still potentially grab his #1 cb in the second round, maybe after another trade down, but plans changed with the Hawks rumored to want him. Again, I don't know, just my speculation, maybe he doesn't consider him a #1 corner (I mean those were my words) or maybe he had a higher grade on a Watt, but the fact we didn't trade down further with that many teams reportedly making offers for that pick, leads me to believe he was pretty coveted by TT
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: Round 2, Pick #33 - Kevin King CB 

Post#183 » by RRyder823 » Tue May 9, 2017 4:22 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

If we wanted King that bad we would of taken him 29 and not traded down. TT wouldn't of risked that if he thought KING was a #1 CB talent.

Like I said, he obviously had a short list where he was comfortable with one of the guys that would be there even if that was not solely at the CB position. We also know this was a pretty historic depth at the position and maybe he thought he could get King later (trading down again) but when the threat of Seattle taking him emerged, he pulled the trigger.

Still if he thought KING was a #1 for sure he wouldn't of made that choice if Shut down CB is the most coveted position that you proclaimed lol.

Or maybe he made an educated gamble that he could trade down and still grab one of the guys he was targeting while picking up an additional pick. Just a thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: RE: Re: Round 2, Pick #33 - Kevin King CB 

Post#185 » by M-C-G » Tue May 9, 2017 5:12 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Or maybe he made an educated gamble that he could trade down and still grab one of the guys he was targeting while picking up an additional pick. Just a thought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app

I think most of read there were as many as 15 cb with first round grades on them in this draft...He probably had a fall back plan and thought getting a Biegel type with that fourth rounder was worth the risk. I fully expected him to move back again, but seems like he wasn't going to risk moving back any further and risk losing him at that point.

Return to Green Bay Packers