ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#21 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 pm

12 team keeper league - Able to keep one player from the previous season, but lose the draft pick where you drafted him.

So my question -
Do i keep David Johnson and forfeit my 1st rd pick

or

Do i keep Melvin Gordon and forfeit my 5th rd pick
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,107

Post#22 » by MVP2110 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:12 team keeper league - Able to keep one player from the previous season, but lose the draft pick where you drafted him.

So my question -

or

I'd keep Johnson over Gordon since Gordon was so TD dependant last year. I think Johnson is the much surer bet.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#23 » by LittleRooster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:12 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:12 team keeper league - Able to keep one player from the previous season, but lose the draft pick where you drafted him.

So my question -

or

Yes you keep Johnson. No question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#24 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:15 pm

LittleRooster wrote:

So my question -

or

Thanks - Just think that Gordon will go in rds 2-4. getting him for a 5th rd pick is so tempting
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#25 » by LittleRooster » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

So my question -

or

Thanks - Just think that Gordon will go in rds 2-4. getting him for a 5th rd pick is so tempting

Oh I see what you're saying. Will go with Johnson. Top 5 player

BucksPackers
Analyst
And1: 599

Post#26 » by BucksPackers » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

So my question -

or

What type of player can you get with your first round pick though? I would be tempted to say gordon if you can get a top talent in the first. I mean giving up a 5th round pick is not that big of a deal. Giving up a first rounder could be like having jordy and gordon or Johsnon and delanie walker.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#27 » by BucksPackers » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 pm

I have the 2nd pick in the draft no keepers. I am either taking Bell or Johnson without a doubt. My question is with my second pick I can see Cooper, Ajayi, Gurley, Miller, Gronk, fournette all being there at that pick who do I take.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,390

Post#28 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:48 pm

BucksPackers wrote:I have the 2nd pick in the draft no keepers. I am either taking Bell or Johnson without a doubt. My question is with my second pick I can see Cooper, Ajayi, Gurley, Miller, Gronk, fournette all being there at that pick who do I take.

PPR? One thing that I have figured out is if you have two RB locked into your line up, it is much easier to find WR through a quantity play.

If it is PPR though you may want to try and get a stud like Cooper (I think his injury really held him back last year in the second half of the season )

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#29 » by M-C-G » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:50 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

So my question -

or

Do not over think it. You have a chance to get a fantasy stud that is so consistent week after week. So much more risk with Gordon. Don't trade good keeper value for a lesser player.

mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#30 » by mlloyd10 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

What type of player can you get with your first round pick though? I would be tempted to say gordon if you can get a top talent in the first. I mean giving up a 5th round pick is not that big of a deal. Giving up a first rounder could be like having jordy and gordon or Johsnon and delanie walker.

Bell/Beckham/Gronk/Rodgers/Julio and still have a chance to get Johnson
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#31 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:45 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:

Pro football focus just came out with a keeper value chart this year, that assigns points to each player and than has a value for each pick. You take the players value (DJ has 100) and subtract the pick value (so let's say 8th pick in the first round is 60) = keeper value of 40

https://profootballfocus.com/fantasy-football-keeper-value-chart/
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#32 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

Pro football focus just came out with a keeper value chart this year, that assigns points to each player and than has a value for each pick. You take the players value (DJ has 100) and subtract the pick value (so let's say 8th pick in the first round is 60) = keeper value of 40

Thanks for that - That makes my decision even harder

Johnson will most likely go one or two in the draft
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#33 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:03 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:

And you have the second pick in the draft? Any chance you can trade to Gordon to another league member for another first round pick and use that to keep DJ and then still get to draft at two?

DJ is just so damn consistently good and Gordan is just so touchdown dependent.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#34 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:06 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

And you have the second pick in the draft? Any chance you can trade to Gordon to another league member for another first round pick and use that to keep DJ and then still get to draft at two?

We dont know the draft order until 1 hr before the draft and keepers are due the day before the draft which make it even better.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#35 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:

We dont know the draft order until 1 hr before the draft and keepers are due the day before the draft which make it even better.

I wouldn't dick around then, if your league lets you, try to trade Gordon and just take the consensus top pick in DJ, call it day
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#36 » by BucksPackers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:51 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:I have the 2nd pick in the draft no keepers. I am either taking Bell or Johnson without a doubt. My question is with my second pick I can see Cooper, Ajayi, Gurley, Miller, Gronk, fournette all being there at that pick who do I take.

PPR? One thing that I have figured out is if you have two RB locked into your line up, it is much easier to find WR through a quantity play.

If it is PPR though you may want to try and get a stud like Cooper (I think his injury really held him back last year in the second half of the season )

Yes it is PPR. Sorry I forgot that part.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#37 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:00 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Tough call, but I do love me Cooper. Before he got hurt, he was averaging 10 targets, 6.5 rec and 98 yards receiving a game. If he gets back on that track you are looking at 104 catch season with 1600 yards.
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#38 » by BucksPackers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:01 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I wouldn't dick around then, if your league lets you, try to trade Gordon and just take the consensus top pick in DJ, call it day

Ya trading Gordon for someones 4th round pick would be worth it. But Idk how that would work in your league, would that person not have a 4th and a 5th round pick for just getting gordon? Also it blows that you do not know the draft order because for sure you would keep gordon and take johnson in the first if you knew lol.

I would keep Johnson in this situation because he is a first round pick so your not really losing a pick at all if you think about it........
BucksPackers
Analyst

Post#39 » by BucksPackers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 pm

M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Tough call, but I do love me Cooper. Before he got hurt, he was averaging 10 targets, 6.5 rec and 98 yards receiving a game. If he gets back on that track you are looking at 104 catch season with 1600 yards.

The only problem I have with Cooper is Carr. Is he going to be ready for this season with that knee injury. I don't have a problem with cooper otherwise.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#40 » by Profound23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:43 pm

BucksPackers wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:

The only problem I have with Cooper is Carr. Is he going to be ready for this season with that knee injury. I don't have a problem with cooper otherwise.

For those of you who saw how jacked Ty seems this year....check out Cooper. He is in the best shape of his life.

I think Carr will be alright and so will Cooper. The question becomes will he be worthy of that 2nd round pick where it appears he will go.

Return to Green Bay Packers