ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#481 » by IrishRainbow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:29 am

IrishRainbow wrote:That gabage time TD to Hops better not give an L. I now need 7pts from Minnesota D

Got 8pts. Thanks Rook for the 2pt interception in your first 2 minute drill.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#482 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

If you are a Kamara owner here comes the payoff for your patience.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#483 » by DigitalFool » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Profound23 wrote:If you are a Kamara owner here comes the payoff for your patience.

I've been making trade offers all morning - thinking giving up Watson (have Rodgers) for him straight up. It's PPR and I need to fill my Cook void even more so now that Cohen is losing snaps.
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#484 » by IrishRainbow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Is Mike Williams worth a flyer? Most notable other WRs on the wire is Agholar, Roger Lewis, Mike Wallace
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#485 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:Is Mike Williams worth a flyer? Most notable other WRs on the wire is Agholar, Roger Lewis, Mike Wallace

I’m a huge Mike Williams fan so I can’t answer that question without bias.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#486 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:44 am

Profound23 wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:Is Mike Williams worth a flyer? Most notable other WRs on the wire is Agholar, Roger Lewis, Mike Wallace

The way I look at it is do you think Keenan Allen will get hurt again? If so you may be getting prime Vincent Jackson with Williams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Post#487 » by WiscSports1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:34 am

Debating whether I should hang onto James Connor or Eifert. Both guys are useless right now and I do have Ertz, but Eifert could be a flex guy if he's ever healthy. Connor would be a great pickup if Bell goes down but who knows with that.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#488 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:16 am

Proud of myself for holding on to Kamara all season. Drafted him in the 11th round in my 16 team league. Drafted him in all my others too. Had Carson and Burkhead and dropped both of them before their injuries, Carson week 2.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#489 » by skones » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:05 am

12 Team PPR League, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex:

Me:
QB: Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota
RB: Devonta Freeman, Joe Mixon, Mike Gillislee, Wayne Gallman, Matt Breida
WR: Jordy Nelson, Stefon Diggs, Desean Jackson, Will Fuller
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Dwayne Allen

Him:
QB: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Carlos Hyde, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Alfred Morris, David Johnson,
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Tyreek Hill, Terrell Pryor, Martavis Bryant
TE: Hunter Henry

What I'm trying to do is take advantage of his QB situation, and fix mine while trying to obtain value. Initially offered Wentz straight up for Jones which he rejected. If he's dealing one of Montgomery/Jones, he's dealing both in a bigger deal. Hoped to trick him into overvaluing Breida after this past week, and I think I've got him on the right track.

After a bit of back and forth he countered with:

Watson/Mixon/Breida
for
Montgomery/Jones/Henry

Wentz/Mixon/Breida is something I may strongly consider. I guess my primary questions are, What do you think Mixon's outlook after three underwhelming weeks? Do you think one of Montgomery/Jones becomes a legitimate RB2 moving forward? Would you rather have Watson or Wentz? I tend to lean Watson with his legs.
skones
RealGM

Post#490 » by skones » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:09 am

WiscSports1 wrote:Debating whether I should hang onto James Connor or Eifert. Both guys are useless right now and I do have Ertz, but Eifert could be a flex guy if he's ever healthy. Connor would be a great pickup if Bell goes down but who knows with that.

The alternative options matter. With that being said, Eifert has more value. Connor's value relies on an injury of another player who isn't going to get his spot taken from him this year. Guys like Eiffert, I'd search for an owner in your league that values him as a flyer in an add-on situation to upgrade a position.
skones
RealGM

Post#491 » by skones » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:12 am

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

The way I look at it is do you think Keenan Allen will get hurt again? If so you may be getting prime Vincent Jackson with Williams

Keenan Allen doesn't need to get hurt in order for Mike Williams to have an impact. Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin, and Hunter Henry have yet to stand out and Rivers is throwing nearly 40 times a game. There are a lot of targets to be had, and Williams, from a pure talent and investment perspective is in line to take a few and possibly many more. He's far more upside than Lewis and Wallace, he's the guy I'd gamble on.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#492 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 pm

skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Keenan Allen doesn't need to get hurt in order for Mike Williams to have an impact. Tyrell Williams, Travis Benjamin, and Hunter Henry have yet to stand out and Rivers is throwing nearly 40 times a game. There are a lot of targets to be had, and Williams, from a pure talent and investment perspective is in line to take a few and possibly many more. He's far more upside than Lewis and Wallace, he's the guy I'd gamble on.

You missed my point a bit. I'm saying IF Keenan (who gets hurt often) you may have a 1,100 and 13 TD guy on your hands. He can certainly have an impact with Allen on the field, but I'd guess more fringe WR 2 or 3 versus a WR 1 if Allen goes down.
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#493 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Ha...went looking to trade for Kamara. I found him...in the FA pool. He was released after week 2. Totally missed it. 5th in priority I put in a claim anyway. Wake up this morning and got him. Sacrificed D.Henry. Now rolling with Zeke, Fournette, Kamara, Mixon, Hyde...this after I went OBJ, M.Evans, Cooper 1,2,3. (Mind you it's a 3WR start league) After being giddy about my WR stable I now need to right that ship. Evans, Cooper, Funchess. I have Watson/Ryan and Brate with Graham on a bye. Obviously I'd love to find a trade partner, but I don't get the feeling this is a trade happy league. Do I hold on to Graham after the bye or roll with Brate?

Starters Week 6
QB: Watson
WR: Coop,Evans,Funchess
RB: Fournette, Kamara
TE: Brate
FLEX (w/r/t): Hyde

Bench
Ryan, Graham, Mixon, Elliott

Currently sending feelers to see who's in need of a RB. Could a Mixon/Graham value out as a WR2?

Who is the odd man out if I take a flyer on Williams? Graham? Ryan?
skones
RealGM

Post#494 » by skones » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:30 pm

M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

You missed my point a bit. I'm saying IF Keenan (who gets hurt often) you may have a 1,100 and 13 TD guy on your hands. He can certainly have an impact with Allen on the field, but I'd guess more fringe WR 2 or 3 versus a WR 1 if Allen goes down.

I didn't miss it. I'm not sure that TD production is there regardless of whether Keenan is or isn't in play, but I think with a full season, WITH Keenan in the fold, he's definitely got 1100+ yard 8+ TD potential which would place him firmly in the WR1/WR2 conversation.

In 2014 you had, Thomas/Sanders, Jordy/Cobb, Tate/Johnson. in 2015 you had Robinson/Hurns, Sanders/Thomas. In 2016 you had Thomas/Cooks, Cooper/Crabtree, Thomas/Sanders, Garcon/Jackson, Nelson/Adams. It's not at all unheard of to have two guys with that type of production on the same team.

Rivers is going to sling the ball, the volume will be there for him to capitalize on. Whether he does or not is a different question. I tend to think that Williams going up against CB2s with his size is going to play to his advantage in a big way. Obviously he's a gamble with the injury concerns and limited practice time, but I wouldn't be looking at it in a "if Keenan Allen gets hurt" way. I see him independent of that.

So, with all of that being said, absolutely worth a flyer. Fantasy football is won on upside gambles, not "safe." I think that gamble would ultimately be worth Funchess for me though I realize you're between a rock and a hard place given your byes. Also re: Cooper, SELL SELL SELL, he's droppable for me from a production standpoint but you may still be able to find a taker.
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer

Post#495 » by WiscSports1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 am

skones wrote:
WiscSports1 wrote:Debating whether I should hang onto James Connor or Eifert. Both guys are useless right now and I do have Ertz, but Eifert could be a flex guy if he's ever healthy. Connor would be a great pickup if Bell goes down but who knows with that.

The alternative options matter. With that being said, Eifert has more value. Connor's value relies on an injury of another player who isn't going to get his spot taken from him this year. Guys like Eiffert, I'd search for an owner in your league that values him as a flyer in an add-on situation to upgrade a position.

Thanks for the reply. This decision got a lot easier with Eifert deciding to do season ending back surgery.
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer

Post#496 » by WiscSports1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 am

I think he's worth a flyer for sure, but I'm going with Roger Lewis simply because of the opportunity. Wallace has looked better recently too, but I don't trust the Ravens offense.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#497 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Martavis Bryant
Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2017, 10:44 AM EDT

Getty Images
Steelers receiver Eli Rogers may be emerging from the doghouse. Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant could be heading there. Sort of.

As explained by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Rogers could end up playing on Sunday in Kansas City, three weeks after a muffed punt in Chicago contributed to a loss to the Bears. On Wednesday, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suggested that Rogers will be back.

“He’s an inside slot guy who knows how to get open in man really quick,” Roethlisberger said, via Bouchette. “He takes pride in his work. He almost never makes mistakes; if he does, he grows from it. I’m just excited for him to get his opportunity again.”

Bouchette notes that, although the disappearance of Rogers was attributed to the muffed punt, he’d been having issues running pass routes. Now, he could return to the slot.

Also from Bouchette: Roethlisberger, in his weekly radio spot on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh, said that this could result in rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster sliding outside, giving Bryant a break.

Bryant has 15 catches for 204 yards and one touchdown through five games. Smith-Schuster has 12 for 160 yards and two scores. Rogers has caught only six passes for 54 yards.

This article bothers me, especially at the end, because I am quite certain that Big Ben has absolutely just missed Bryant on at least two 70+ yard touchdowns this year. Because if Ben was doing his job, the underlined would read, Bryant has 17 catches for 350 yards and three touchdowns through five games and is in consideration for come back player of the year.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#498 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

skones wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
skones wrote:

I didn't miss it. I'm not sure that TD production is there regardless of whether Keenan is or isn't in play, but I think with a full season, WITH Keenan in the fold, he's definitely got 1100+ yard 8+ TD potential which would place him firmly in the WR1/WR2 conversation.

In 2014 you had, Thomas/Sanders, Jordy/Cobb, Tate/Johnson. in 2015 you had Robinson/Hurns, Sanders/Thomas. In 2016 you had Thomas/Cooks, Cooper/Crabtree, Thomas/Sanders, Garcon/Jackson, Nelson/Adams. It's not at all unheard of to have two guys with that type of production on the same team.

Rivers is going to sling the ball, the volume will be there for him to capitalize on. Whether he does or not is a different question. I tend to think that Williams going up against CB2s with his size is going to play to his advantage in a big way. Obviously he's a gamble with the injury concerns and limited practice time, but I wouldn't be looking at it in a "if Keenan Allen gets hurt" way. I see him independent of that.

So, with all of that being said, absolutely worth a flyer. Fantasy football is won on upside gambles, not "safe." I think that gamble would ultimately be worth Funchess for me though I realize you're between a rock and a hard place given your byes. Also re: Cooper, SELL SELL SELL, he's droppable for me from a production standpoint but you may still be able to find a taker.

I don't really think we are in disagreement. I think I see a fringe WR2 or WR3 with Allen in and a WR1 with Allen out. If you are saying you think he has a CHANCE to be a fringe WR1 with a healthy Keenan, I get it, just disagree with that ceiling.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#499 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Sit/Start questions for this week:

CJ Anderson or Alvin Kamara or Jay Ajayi?

Zach Ertz or Larry Fitzgerald or Pierre Garcon?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#500 » by humanrefutation » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Well, no Zeke for me for six games. I think I can survive it with the depth I have at RB, though.

Sit/Start (Pick 3):

Alshon Jeffery @ CAR
Golden Tate @ NYG
Chris Hogan @ NYJ
DeVante Parker @ ATL
Tyrell Williams @ OAK

James White @ NYJ OR Andre Ellington @ TB

Return to Green Bay Packers