ImageImage

2017 FF Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#521 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 pm

in my deep leagues and the decimated by injuries leagues, I'm getting a feeling about Devontae Booker. I think I am going to make him a priority stash and see if that might be a lottery ticket down the line.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: 2017 FF Thread 

Post#522 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:26 am

M-C-G wrote:in my deep leagues and the decimated by injuries leagues, I'm getting a feeling about Devontae Booker. I think I am going to make him a priority stash and see if that might be a lottery ticket down the line.

Obviously depends on all other options, but I've liked Booker. I tried jumping on him as a sneaky get his rookie year...at the time, sneaky? yes, a get? No. He just needs an opportunity. Or CJ to open the door a little wider.
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#523 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 am

skones wrote:
How many teams in this league? Graham or Kamara seem very droppable given the multitude of options at QB. As much as I like Kamara, he's not a must own in shallow leagues.

12. Shallow bench with 3 starting WR so most reams carry only 1 QB. Less than an hour after my post, Ryan gone, Wilson gone, Mariota gone. The Wilson pick up dropped Cousins. That's my target pending (DMC)

Dropped Mixon in lieu of Henry (whom I dropped a couple weeks back).

Offered up Hyde/(Graham or Brate) for Ajayi/(Fuller or Benjamin).

Doubt he bites but maybe it starts the convo. Gonna have to get a WR3 somewhere when byes come in.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,191

Post#524 » by skones » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am

IrishRainbow wrote:
skones wrote:
How many teams in this league? Graham or Kamara seem very droppable given the multitude of options at QB. As much as I like Kamara, he's not a must own in shallow leagues.

12. Shallow bench with 3 starting WR so most reams carry only 1 QB. Less than an hour after my post, Ryan gone, Wilson gone, Mariota gone. The Wilson pick up dropped Cousins. That's my target pending (DMC)

Dropped Mixon in lieu of Henry (whom I dropped a couple weeks back).

Offered up Hyde/(Graham or Brate) for Ajayi/(Fuller or Benjamin).

Doubt he bites but maybe it starts the convo. Gonna have to get a WR3 somewhere when byes come in.

You should pick up Mixon again. Henry's line was an aberration. Much of his production came on a broken play on the last play on Monday while they were trying to run the clock out. That's still a split backfield imo. Mixon is the workhorse, Henry isn't. Given the limited number of guys in this league that are "the guy," Mixon isn't droppable. Poor move imo.

Think the trade offer is garbage too. Ajayi flat out hasn't produced. As long as Hyde is healthy, he is a flat out PRODUCER. In all caps. Fuller's production looks better than it actually is because of his unsustainable touchdown catches versus limited receptions. Benjamin, to me, is a flyer guy. He'll have good weeks, he'll have bad weeks, and is worth starting, but doesn't make up the gap between Hyde and Ajayi. I'd cancel that deal before it's accepted.
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#525 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Word is is that Henry is getting the call in the 4th and the split is going to lean heavily in Henry's favor. I'm betting no one is keeping an eye on Mixon and if I wanted to pick him back up next week, that will be an option. I haven't started him once...maybe once with the byes.

Re the trade. Wasn't a formal proposal, I just shot him a msg and negotiate that way. I'm looking at it more along the lines of Hyde for Benny/Fuller and the other parts are throw ins. I'm in need of a stable 4th WR. If it's a slight overpay eh...I'm okay with that.

Definitely appreciate the response. You've made valid points, I'm just sketched out on my WR depth as the FA pool is shallow at best and if I can consolidate a couple assets to get that solidified I'd be fine with it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#526 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:45 am

Aaron jones, Montgomery, smallwood, kupp, alex collins, smith-schuster.... throw a dart and pick one for my flex.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#527 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Aaron jones, Montgomery, smallwood, kupp, alex collins, smith-schuster.... throw a dart and pick one for my flex.

Martavis Bryant is apparently getting a "full role" going forward which will hurt JJSS. Collins doesn't get red zone work which hurts his upside.

In a ppr I kind of like Smallwood and Kupp this week.

Homer in me would probably pick Jones or Ty though. Might be a lot of dump offs in this game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#528 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 pm

M-C-G wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Aaron jones, Montgomery, smallwood, kupp, alex collins, smith-schuster.... throw a dart and pick one for my flex.

Martavis Bryant is apparently getting a "full role" going forward which will hurt JJSS. Collins doesn't get red zone work which hurts his upside.

Homer in me would probably pick Jones or Ty though. Might be a lot of dump offs in this game.

Its a ppr and I'm going the homer route with a packer. Leaning Montgomery because I could see a ton of little dump off passes today.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#529 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Its a ppr and I'm going the homer route with a packer. Leaning Montgomery because I could see a ton of little dump off passes today.

That's what I would pick too. I guess we will see if we are smart or not

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#530 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Whoops

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#531 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Lol I outsmarted myself here.

M-C-G
RealGM

Post#532 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Lol I outsmarted myself here.

Jones is legitimately our running back now. That's a great development going forward

IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#533 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Kamara v. Hyde. Non PPR.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#534 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:01 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:Kamara v. Hyde. Non PPR.

I'm facing a similar decision with Hyde vs. Smallwood/Blount. They play the 49ers so one of the two or both should have a huge day, or do I just go with Hyde and hope it isn't a Brieda day at the office.

I'd probably roll with Hyde, but I feel like it would be more fun to go Kamara, because I am beginning to hate owning Hyde.
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#535 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:28 pm

M-C-G wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:Kamara v. Hyde. Non PPR.

I'm facing a similar decision with Hyde vs. Smallwood/Blount. They play the 49ers so one of the two or both should have a huge day, or do I just go with Hyde and hope it isn't a Brieda day at the office.

I'd probably roll with Hyde, but I feel like it would be more fun to go Kamara, because I am beginning to hate owning Hyde.

Hyde was a total 'value' pick as I went so heavy on WR. I hated picking him but he's proved valuable. Luckily I staved off his 'off' weeks...but yeah it's totally Jekyll/Hyde
...and I'm a sucker for the potential candidate...but being non PPR without the TDs Kamara is a hard sell, but if Hyde don't get the TDs it's down to yards...and that's where Kam gets the edge.

You have both PHI RBs? Double ??? Whammy.

I think PHI get up quick on SF which might mean the ride the Blount hammer.

Take it with a salt block.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#536 » by Gianstoppable » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Just made a trade. I need a WR 2 desperately. My WR are Crabtree, Amendola, Marqise Lee, Marquise Goodwin. I am pretty set at RB with Fournette, McCoy, Kamara and Marlon Mack.

Traded away Kamara, Amendola and Lee for Dez, Doctson and Thomas Rawls. Pretty sideways move but I really need a WR that can put up 10-15 points consistently and also have the potential for breakout games.

I wanted plenty of other guys but most the teams I send offers to either dont acknowledge them and let them expire or they turn them down but never counter, I hate that.

7-1, good for 2nd place and I play my friend next week who is 8-0. Should be a hell of a matchup
#FreeChuckDiesel
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#537 » by IrishRainbow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

So. Who's the back to have in MIA now? Drake or Williams? Are either worth the own at this point? Short bench so there's not a whole lot of room for 'fliers', but I'm gonna have to replace Zeke and have no faith in DMC (but that could be buyers remorse from years ago)
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,956

Post#538 » by BUCKnation » Wed Nov 1, 2017 3:50 am

I think Drake is. They invested a 3rd for him and he has been backup, so he will get the job to start.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#539 » by Gianstoppable » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:17 am

Put 36 waiver claims in. Even if I win 1st place if I divide up the time spent it's probably like $2 an hour lol. Week 9 and I am already at 56 roster moves
#FreeChuckDiesel
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#540 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Nov 3, 2017 3:58 pm

I knew I didn't want any part of Zekegate. But I figured 4th round was worth the flier. He's been available and anchoring so there's that
But I've been having to burn waiver priorities to pickup another back. Then the 6 week finally drops. Okay. Weather the storm and he'll be available for the finals....starting to get salty...can you tell? At 7-1 I shouldn't, but damn OBJ, now Watson...and at some point Zeke to leave th cupboards fairly dry come PO time.

Now that he's back to being a go, Kamara or Collins?

Return to Green Bay Packers