ATL: Training Camp - Zeke Suspended for 6

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,759

Re: ATL: Training Camp - Zeke Suspended for 6 

Post#121 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Sep 1, 2017 7:06 pm

Seattle's Jermaine Kearse and draft considerations to NYJ for Sheldon Richardson. Dammit.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,399

Post#122 » by Profound23 » Fri Sep 1, 2017 7:10 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Seattle's Jermaine Kearse and draft considerations to NYJ for Sheldon Richardson. Dammit.

Should contact the Seahawks about Michael Bennett. Although I am sure their plan is to team the two up and not using Richardson as a replacement, it still would be cool. That defense is going to be sick.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#123 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Sep 1, 2017 7:33 pm

trwi7 wrote:Seahawks why your team sucks on the QB is amazing. :lol:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-seattle-seahawks-1798657931

And this made me laugh way more than it should've.

And there’s NOTHING to indicate that the enmity between Sherman and Wilson has subsided, mostly because Sherman is a moody penis.

Couple personal favorites from the "hear it from Seahawks fans" comments section:

John:

Russell Wilson thinks he’s the market correction for Warren Moon’s edginess.

Every day I see a 51 year-old white Seattlite climb out of their Infiniti and ask a young black man with long hair if they are Richard Sherman, through a full mouth of whipped cream from their Frappuccino.

Sarah:

Russell Wilson has the emotionless smile and cold, dead eyes of a serial killer. I fully expect to see him on the news one day stabbing someone in the face repeatedly while chanting “Go Hawks” in a dull, robotic monotone. And he’d probably get only a four-game ban for it because, hey, the NFL **** sucks, too.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#124 » by Profound23 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 5:05 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Seattle's Jermaine Kearse and draft considerations to NYJ for Sheldon Richardson. Dammit.

That pick is going to be At LEAST a second rounder according to ESPN. They just spent their top pick on McDowell this year. Wonder what their plan is on the dline.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#125 » by Profound23 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:32 pm

Tampa signed Ward....good pick-up
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,131

Post#126 » by HKPackFan » Sun Sep 3, 2017 1:43 pm

No foster highlights please, it makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and cry.
#FreeChuckDiesel
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#127 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 6:33 pm

HKPackFan wrote:No foster highlights please, it makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and cry.

Same here, I can't handle looking at the Foster highlights. He would have been absolutely perfect for this team. This year's draft is painful to look at. Possibly Ted's worst draft yet.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,732

Post#128 » by RubberSoul » Sun Sep 3, 2017 6:40 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:No foster highlights please, it makes me want to crawl into the fetal position and cry.

Same here, I can't handle looking at the Foster highlights. He would have been absolutely perfect for this team. This year's draft is painful to look at. Possibly Ted's worst draft yet.

Agreed I don't have much hope for anybody in this class except for possibly Jones.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,268

Post#129 » by Mags FTW » Sun Sep 3, 2017 8:17 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:

How can you judge a draft without seeing 2 of the first 4 picks yet?
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie

Post#130 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 8:41 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:

Durability is part of judging a player.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#131 » by Mags FTW » Sun Sep 3, 2017 9:33 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:

Good thing we didn't give up on Aaron when he broke his foot in '06. Or his collarbone in '13.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie

Post#132 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 10:34 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:How can you judge a draft without seeing 2 of the first 4 picks yet?

Good thing we didn't give up on Aaron when he broke his foot in '06. Or his collarbone in '13.

In that case, we should never have given up on Justin Harrell either.
econniption
Rookie
And1: 1,123

Post#133 » by econniption » Sun Sep 3, 2017 10:38 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:

It was more than injuries with Harrell, he was known to not really care about football or give much effort.

Also, 2-3 months is not nearly long enough to judge whether or not a player is durable, let alone whether or not a player is good. Not all injuries are chronic or recurring, sometimes they just happen.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#134 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Sep 3, 2017 10:52 pm

Seems a touch early to be judging draft classes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie

Post#135 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sun Sep 3, 2017 10:53 pm

econniption wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Good thing we didn't give up on Aaron when he broke his foot in '06. Or his collarbone in '13.

It was more than injuries with Harrell, he was known to not really care about football or give much effort.

Also, 2-3 months is not nearly long enough to judge whether or not a player is durable, let alone whether or not a player is good. Not all injuries are chronic or recurring, sometimes they just happen.

I wasn't being serious. I was just trying to make a point of how ridiculous the Aaron Rodgers comparison was.

Back to the topic, I'm happy some of you guys are fine with this draft class. But, to me, it's looking pretty terrible regardless of injuries or not. Especially considering everyone knew we needed a player just like Foster. I hope you guys bump this thread in 3 years and make me eat my words.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Training Camp - Zeke Suspended for 6 

Post#136 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Sep 3, 2017 11:59 pm

TJ_Ford_11 wrote:
econniption wrote:
TJ_Ford_11 wrote:

I wasn't being serious. I was just trying to make a point of how ridiculous the Aaron Rodgers comparison was.

Back to the topic, I'm happy some of you guys are fine with this draft class. But, to me, it's looking pretty terrible regardless of injuries or not. Especially considering everyone knew we needed a player just like Foster. I hope you guys bump this thread in 3 years and make me eat my words.

I don't think the pack agreed they needed a guy like foster. Right or wrong I think they just aren't going to play a traditional mlb much and will go with Burnett and jones in those spots a ton. This philosophy could work but it will put a lot of pressure on the dline and perry who is their best lb against the run.

It should also be noted that two of the concerns with foster are character and health and those are things that take time to play out. He might be great or he could be this years Myles jack who people loved but 1 year in I'd rather have kenny clark (I'm bullish on clark to have a big year).

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,131

Post#137 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 4, 2017 1:06 am

I'm just hoping king and biegel become studs because I'm tired of the Packers never having an ILB like foster.
#FreeChuckDiesel
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,887

Post#138 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 4, 2017 1:08 am

Datone Jones is going on IR - and it's been rumored he's to get an injury settlement from the Vikings and is going to get released.

Apparently he put on some weight to shift back to a 4-3 DE. Not a bad idea for a guy who just seemed out of place as a LB, like Perry did for his first couple seasons.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#139 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 4, 2017 1:08 am

HKPackFan wrote:I'm just hoping king and biegel become studs because I'm tired of the Packers never having an ILB like foster.

ILB is the new RB when it comes to spending a high pick or FA money on that position.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Training Camp - Zeke Suspended for 6 

Post#140 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 4, 2017 2:32 am

Mags FTW wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:I'm just hoping king and biegel become studs because I'm tired of the Packers never having an ILB like foster.

ILB is the new RB when it comes to spending a high pick or FA money on that position.

The down grading of value of rbs and mlbs are linked. As teams moved away from lining up in i formation and pounding the ball 30 times a game they valued those two positions less. Plus both spots take a beating and tend to have shorter careers and both spots are very dependant on the lines in front of them. Now with all that said it is nice to have an elite player at rb and mlb.

Return to Green Bay Packers