Mina Kimes' Rodgers Article

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Mina Kimes' Rodgers Article 

Post#1 » by crkone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 pm

This is a long one

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseRodgers/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-unmasked-searching

Here's a nugget lol

Since 2011, Rodgers has been selected for five Pro Bowls, but the Packers have yet to return to the Super Bowl. His sole championship appearance has become a flashpoint for debate: Can one of the most talented quarterbacks to ever play the game be truly great if he wins only one ring? I ask Rodgers whether that possibility scares him.

For once, he answers quickly: "No."

He adds: "I mean, it'd be disappointing. But no. I'd love to go back at least a few more times. But at some point, my career's going to be over, and I'm going to move on and do other things and be excited about that chapter in my life."

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,064

Re: Mina Kimes' Rodgers Article 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Really good article.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,047

Post#3 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Mina and Rodgers teased this article on DLB's radio show a couple weeks ago.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,064

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Mina and Rodgers teased this article on DLB's radio show a couple weeks ago.

Favorite thing about that was Mina teased that she was working on a big piece with a hugely popular athlete but wouldn't say who it was. Didn't want to get scooped or have another writer come out with something on the athlete before her. Wouldn't even tell Dan and the guys off air.

Literally the next day they're interviewing Rodgers and the media comes up and he's like, yea, your colleague Mina Kimes recently came out and interviewed me for a story she's working on. :lol:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Mina and Rodgers teased this article on DLB's radio show a couple weeks ago.

Favorite thing about that was Mina teased that she was working on a big piece with a hugely popular athlete but wouldn't say who it was. Didn't want to get scooped or have another writer come out with something on the athlete before her. Wouldn't even tell Dan and the guys off air.

Literally the next day they're interviewing Rodgers and the media comes up and he's like, yea, your colleague Mina Kimes recently came out and interviewed me for a story she's working on. :lol:

Yeah, I listened to those podcasts on a flight to Orlando a couple weeks ago. I thought it was hilarious when DLB called up Mina right after he talked to Rodgers just to tease her about him spilling the beans on the article.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Anyway, on the article itself:

I don't feel like I learned much that was especially new. Some of his stuff about his religious/spiritual/philosophical journey was interesting. I was interested in whether he'd share more of his political perspective, and he touched on it. He chose to keep his family drama private, which I really respect and was the right thing to do (as much as I was curious about what's going on there). A lot of the other things have been delved into elsewhere.

But I'm also a big fan of Mina Kimes, and I'm glad she got the interview.
crkone
RealGM

Post#7 » by crkone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:00 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Anyway, on the article itself:

I don't feel like I learned much that was especially new. Some of his stuff about his religious/spiritual/philosophical journey was interesting. I was interested in whether he'd share more of his political perspective, and he touched on it. He chose to keep his family drama private, which I really respect and was the right thing to do (as much as I was curious about what's going on there). A lot of the other things have been delved into elsewhere.

Did you listen to his podcast last year?

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:04 pm

crkone wrote:

Whose? Aaron's? The one he did with Wilde that he scrapped a couple years ago? I probably listened to all of them.
crkone
RealGM

Post#9 » by crkone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:13 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
crkone wrote:

Whose? Aaron's? The one he did with Wilde that he scrapped a couple years ago? I probably listened to all of them.

http://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-310-aaron-rodgers/

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pm

crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
crkone wrote:

Ah, I heard about this. I'm not that big of a fan of Pete Holmes, so I didn't seek this out. But if it's got A-Aron, it's worth a listen.
crkone
RealGM

Post#11 » by crkone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:19 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Ah, I heard about this. I'm not that big of a fan of Pete Holmes, so I didn't seek this out. But if it's got A-Aron, it's worth a listen.

Just be prepared to hear Rodgers talking about seeing a UFO.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#12 » by bizarro » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 pm

crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I've seen a UFO. It's not a big deal: it's an 'unidentified flying object'. I have friends who have seen UFO's. New Mexico and Southern Colorado get them frequently. What are they? Who knows. I saw mine while on top of a garage in mid-South Minneapolis. We were 20 somethings in music school. Fresh off of jazz band practice. Taking a break between lead sheets looking into the sky from a garage roof. Out of the corner of our eyes 3 boomerang (best way I can describe it) crafts come into view. They literally stop. Hovering for moments directly above our vision. And, then, bam! Zoom off at ludicrous speed into the distance. Was a wild moment. Completely sober. We all saw it. And, we move on. I mean, there's nothing more to it. We weren't probed. It didn't change my life. But, it was definitely something you don't see every day - most people never do.

Back to the article:

It had been six years since Rodgers' trip to the Super Bowl, and Bell still remembers what his friend told him after he won: "'I've been to the bottom and been to the top, and peace will come from somewhere else.'"

A-Rod is pure class. In every respect. He gets it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#13 » by Mags FTW » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:32 pm

bizarro wrote:I've seen a UFO. It's not a big deal

Tempted to make this my new sig.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#14 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:26 am

Mags FTW wrote:

Definitely sig worthy
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 am

I've seen a UFO too. Might have been a drone flying too high to identify or something but I saw something flying in the air and couldn't identify it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,553

Post#16 » by th87 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:21 am

bizarro wrote:
crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I've seen a UFO. It's not a big deal: it's an 'unidentified flying object'. I have friends who have seen UFO's. New Mexico and Southern Colorado get them frequently. What are they? Who knows. I saw mine while on top of a garage in mid-South Minneapolis. We were 20 somethings in music school. Fresh off of jazz band practice. Taking a break between lead sheets looking into the sky from a garage roof. Out of the corner of our eyes 3 boomerang (best way I can describe it) crafts come into view. They literally stop. Hovering for moments directly above our vision. And, then, bam! Zoom off at ludicrous speed into the distance. Was a wild moment. Completely sober. We all saw it. And, we move on. I mean, there's nothing more to it. We weren't probed. It didn't change my life. But, it was definitely something you don't see every day - most people never do.

Back to the article:

It had been six years since Rodgers' trip to the Super Bowl, and Bell still remembers what his friend told him after he won: "'I've been to the bottom and been to the top, and peace will come from somewhere else.'"

I don't know what it was, but I saw something similar while driving. It stopped momentarily overhead, and sped right off. At the time, I was like, "well that's interesting", and moved on with my day.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#17 » by HKPackFan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:44 am

bizarro wrote:
crkone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Back to the article:

#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#18 » by HKPackFan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 am

I liked it. Gave us a little bit of what makes him tick, and also the changes and maturity he's going through as now an older veteran. Seems he's really grown as a person and that sounds really nice.

Hammond would be telling us how he's happy about not just having Rodgers the QB but Rodgers the person.

But in serious, it's nice to have a guy who's the face of the franchise that seems like a really good human being as well. I hope he privately is able to work stuff out with the family, and I feel bad for the Munn situation (the weird blame Olivia stuff).

Definitely would like him to finish off his career with at least 1 more ring.
#FreeChuckDiesel
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#19 » by bizarro » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

I'll do my best A-Rod here: You're pulling this sig-worthy material out of context!

Return to Green Bay Packers