Game Thread: Gary Andersen Memorial Bowl - 8 CT - ESPN

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: Game Thread: Gary Andersen Memorial Bowl - 8 CT - ESPN 

Post#81 » by El Duderino » Sat Sep 2, 2017 4:30 am

trwi7 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Jonathan Taylor reminds me of Michael Bennett running the ball.

Doesn't look as fast but in overall style, I agree.

He's still really fast. Taylor was my favorite thing i saw in this game. The last few years since Gordon graduated, the offense has really lacked a big play running back. Granted, some of it was the line struggled, but the backs were more grind out yards types. This Taylor kid looks like he may change that.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#82 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 4:32 am

Taylor is closer to Gordon than Bennett when it comes to speed but that's fine. Hes gonna be a great Badger if he stays healthy.
Do it for Chuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#83 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 2, 2017 4:33 am

trwi7 wrote:lmao at Bucky's pushups.

He does them the same way on the first score. Lame
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#84 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 4:34 am

If Bart Houston was still eligible this is a national championship team.

:)
Do it for Chuck
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#85 » by Bernman » Sat Sep 2, 2017 7:28 pm

- Hornibrook's lack of mobility and floater balls are still going to be a problem when we face tougher/faster d's. And those factors compound each other.

- The front 7 is real solid, but we lost a lot of playmakers between Watt, Biegel, and Cichy. I think we may need to fast-track Van Ginkel, who was tenacious and athlete. Same thing with Loudermilk on the front. Experience only goes so far.

- At first glance, this isn't one of Wisconsin's dominant offensive lines, even in the run game. But we've started seasons in first gear before, prior to kicking it into 2nd or 3rd.

- James didn't impress. Shaw is upright, so if there isn't a bit of a seam and the opposition gets in the backfield, he's not the best. But when he gets in the open field he's electric and if he gets a head of steam he's going to consistently have positive runs. Taylor may be the best of both worlds, but also a work in progress. But you see why he moved up the depth chart so quickly.

- Dixon is the leader of the d, and is going to be asked to bail us out from time to time, which he's shown the ability to do.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#86 » by El Duderino » Sat Sep 2, 2017 7:51 pm

Bernman wrote:- Hornibrook's lack of mobility and floater balls are still going to be a problem when we face tougher/faster d's. And those factors compound each other.

I give Hornibrook two things, he an accurate passer for the most part and makes good decisions.

The bad side are lack of mobility and arm strength. That play where Cephus got hit in the head was a prime example. He was wide open and had Hornibrook threw that ball more on a line with some zip, it's maybe a touchdown, but the ball floated because Hornibrook just can't drive into throws like that.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#87 » by HKPackFan » Sun Sep 3, 2017 3:07 am

El Duderino wrote:
Bernman wrote:- Hornibrook's lack of mobility and floater balls are still going to be a problem when we face tougher/faster d's. And those factors compound each other.

I give Hornibrook two things, he an accurate passer for the most part and makes good decisions.

The bad side are lack of mobility and arm strength. That play where Cephus got hit in the head was a prime example. He was wide open and had Hornibrook threw that ball more on a line with some zip, it's maybe a touchdown, but the ball floated because Hornibrook just can't drive into throws like that.

Ya horni, arm strength is not there, but it will have to be good enough. I liked his decision making on that critical end of first half drive.

He got the game ball, Lippo probably pissed about that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Game Thread: Gary Andersen Memorial Bowl - 8 CT - ESPN 

Post#88 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Sep 3, 2017 4:47 am

When I throw a football or Aaron Rodgers throws a football, if it's a 15 yard out, the ball leaves the hand at something like a 30 degree angle, hits the apex halfway, and comes back down on a similar angle.

Horni, I don't know how it's scientifically possible. I'm half-joking here but the ball shoots out of his hand nearly straight up in the air at an 80 degree angle, levels off mostly and floats most of the distance, and then drops back down.

That's the trajectory of somebody lofting the ball to a receiver but Horni's is an attempted line-drive pass that has much more zip on it than the average person throwing but less than the average college/pro QB.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#89 » by Mags FTW » Sun Sep 3, 2017 7:38 am

We need to come up with a nickname for his arm that's a play on Grossman's "Sex Cannon". Something like the "Cuddle Pistol" or the "Foreplay Gun".
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: Game Thread: Gary Andersen Memorial Bowl - 8 CT - ESPN 

Post#90 » by IrishRainbow » Sun Sep 3, 2017 12:50 pm

Mags FTW wrote:We need to come up with a nickname for his arm that's a play on Grossman's "Sex Cannon". Something like the "Cuddle Pistol" or the "Foreplay Gun".

Dryhump Slingshot
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#91 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Sep 5, 2017 6:38 pm

Correction on Taylor: After watching some of Bennett, Taylor looks more like James White in stature. He may even end up being a tad faster but that does not mean at all that he'd be a better/more productive back.

Return to Green Bay Packers