ImageImage

Falcons Leadup: Bakhtiari/Bulaga/Daniels Questionable, pg 6.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: RE: Re: Falcons Leadup 

Post#41 » by RRyder823 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Bakh - 4th Round
Tauscher - 7th Round
Wahle - 2nd Round of Supplemental Draft
Rivera - 6th Round
L. Taylor - UDFA
Lang - 4th Round
Sitton- 4th Round
Winters - 10th Round

O-Line is one of the biggest crap shoots in the draft, and I don't like spending a high draft pick on them unless they are close to a sure thing.

Really I love the way the Packers approach it. Almost always use a mid to late pick on the Oline regardless of the situation. Sometimes they hit down the road. Sometimes they don't. But they pay off is definitely there by leaving the higher picks to try n fill the playmaker spots because they constintley have in an Flux of talent on the line every year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Re: Falcons Leadup 

Post#42 » by crkone » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

I guess he really wasn't needed anymore.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#43 » by GBPackers47 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:39 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Didn't see that one coming. Adams must be closer than we think?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#44 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah, Adams being back/close has to be the reason. Very surprising.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#45 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dial made him expendable.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#46 » by GBPackers47 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
GBPackers47 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ah good call. Forgot about that signing.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: RE: Re: Falcons Leadup 

Post#47 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
GBPackers47 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yup. Im kind of surprised they didn't cut him instead of ringo last week so they weren't on the hook for his whole 2017 salary as a vested vet. Maybe they were doing him a solid and keeping an agent happy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,885

Post#48 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Wow, I bet RJF was totally blindsided by that one.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Gunter was released too.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#50 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 pm

trwi7 wrote:Gunter was released too.

That's surprising, like really surprising. House did not play well and all 3 of the starters and injury prone and you have a rookie and 2nd year guy behind him. Would be surprised if gunter isn't claimed.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#51 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:53 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:

That's surprising, like really surprising. House did not play well and all 3 of the starters and injury prone and you have a rookie and 2nd year guy behind him. Would be surprised if gunter isn't claimed.

Yeah it's a little surprising but I guess they figure he's currently the 5th CB and his lack of speed isn't going to get any better so they are going with the higher long term upside of Hawkins and Pipkins over him.

I saw some twitter speculation they could be putting in a waiver claim on Ringo, that would be a super weird move unless RJF got hurt or did something in the locker room or off the field that made them change their mind on who to cut a week ago. I bet they pick up a Tackle if they still cut RJF because of Spriggs and Buluga injuries.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#52 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:

Yeah it's a little surprising but I guess they figure he's currently the 5th CB and his lack of speed isn't going to get any better so they are going with the higher long term upside of Hawkins and Pipkins over him.

I bet they pick up a Tackle if they still cut RJF.

Much rather have Gunter as DB than Hawkins/Pipkins.

Why would they pick up a 5th OT for the roster? My guess is OLB if Brooks can't go.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#53 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:That's surprising, like really surprising. House did not play well and all 3 of the starters and injury prone and you have a rookie and 2nd year guy behind him. Would be surprised if gunter isn't claimed.

Why would they pick up a 5th OT for the roster? My guess is OLB if Brooks can't go.

If neither Spriggs or Buluga are healthy enough to dress this week they absolutely need some at least short term insurance at T. You could be right though that OLB might be the spot if they expect Brooks to miss some time.

As far at Gunter vs Hawkins and Pipkins I get the argument especially if either one needed to play this Sunday. I just think they kind of know what they had with Gunter and his limitations so they are keeping the other guys as inactive stashes and hope they develop into better players.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#54 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:17 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

If neither Spriggs or Buluga are healthy enough to dress this week they absolutely need some at least short term insurance at T. You could be right though that OLB might be the spot if they expect Brooks to miss some time.

As far at Gunter vs Hawkins and Pipkins I get the argument especially if either one needed to play this Sunday. I just think they kind of know what they had with Gunter and his limitations so they are keeping the other guys as inactive stashes and hope they develop into better players.

If Spriggs is legit hurt and they don't shove him on IR, that's nuts.

Gunter literally shut down OBJ in the playoffs. Much rather have that at 5th corner than an unknown.
DanoMac wrote:

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#55 » by BUCKnation » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Don't like cutting Gunter. He got a lot of s*** last year but given what he was asked to do, he was really solid.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#56 » by Mags FTW » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Don't like cutting Gunter. He got a lot of s*** last year but given what he was asked to do, he was really solid.

Just too slow for a DB
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#57 » by raysbookclub » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter

If they pick up Ringo, he'd be the 5th DL vs the Falcons (assuming Adams is not ready).
WiscSports1
Bench Warmer
And1: 499

Re: Falcons Leadup: Francois/Gunter Released, PG 3 

Post#58 » by WiscSports1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 pm

I'm more surprised with RJF getting cut then Gunter getting released. I liked Gunter's moxie last year taking on the #1, but the guy is just too slow to play cover in this league. It's not like he's savvy like Hyde. He doesn't have the makeup speed. Same reason why I'm not a Rollins fan.

Dial is probably better than RJF. Never will give much as a rusher.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Re: Falcons Leadup: Francois/Gunter Released, Pg 3 

Post#59 » by bizarro » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 am

Wow. They must really like Pipkins! All aboard. Honestly, though these releases are certainly surprising, I can understand. Curious to see what's next. TT is taking his giddy up meds this season...I likey!
dietac
Sophomore
And1: 62

Re: Falcons Leadup: Francois/Gunter Released, Pg 3 

Post#60 » by dietac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 am

The Francois cut is not in the Packers website yet (Gunter is) and on WSSP, they couldn't confirm that it actually happened. Kind of a strange situation, I wonder if the Francois cut is contingent on the Ringo claim.

http://www.packers.com/team/transactions.html

Return to Green Bay Packers