ImageImage

QB Thread - Rodgers Activated Off IR, pg 9.

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

What would you do with the QB situation?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:47 pm

Roll with Hundley
61%
Call Romo
18%
Call Kap
16%
Other
5%

Total votes: 79

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,220

Re: What now?-QB Poll 

Post#81 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:01 am

El Duderino wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:One thing to remember is that Minny's D has a habit of making opposing QBs look bad. Winston threw 3 picks, Stafford was sacked 6 times, and Trubiski had a 60 passer rating.

If Monty is able to haul in that TD, Hundley would've been off to a good start and who knows what would've happened with that confidence.

Basically, being thrust into action against the Vikings D is a bad barometer. We'll see how he does next week and then reassess at the Bye.

I don't think there should be anything to reassess.

We are toast as a playoff team, so let Hunley play the rest of the year, regardless if he struggles the next few weeks which should be expected given his inexperience and the OL in shambles. It's not as if there is some magic cure QB on the streets to keep the Packers playoff viable.

I agree with this, the only way we could maybe stay afloat until December assuming Rodgers could come back is if we get pro bowl caliber QB play and maybe win 2 or 3 games between now and December and are sitting at 7-6 or something.Hundley has a better chance to play at that level than anyone we could just go out and sign IMO.

That said, even though I am high on Hundley and think he'll be pretty solid I don't expect him to play at a pro bowl level, so yeah, we are toast.

I think Hundley is our best option and even If Hundley plays really well I'll still be somewhat floored if we're sitting on more than 5 wins come December.I don't think people realize how bad this roster is outside of Aaron Rodgers.

The kool-aid guzzlers are about to find all this out.

Our defense is an abortion,our offensive line is a mash unit and even when it's healthy it's nothing special.I said it in preseason that our WRs as a group are highly overrated, a lot of their success is because they play with Aaron Rodgers.Marty Bennett has been hot washed up trash.Even Mason Crosby is missing extra points.

I'm not even going to get into Mike McCarthy....lol.

Again, you're 100% correct, we are toast.Even with the best QB to ever step on a football field playing some of the best football of his life we were barley beating people for Christs sake.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#82 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am

We're not toast as a playoff team because we play in the NFC North. Winner of division could be 9-7 or 8-8.

I'll roll with Hundley at least for next week.

Kaep is a circus nobody should want to be apart of, not gonna happen. Romo would be kind of intriguing but I don't think he's ready to play anyways.
FREE GIANNIS
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#83 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:31 pm

This will be a good test for MM and that offensive staff. They need to find a few things hundley is comfortable doing and really game plan around him. What really adds to the issue is he will most likely be playing behind a makeshift oline. I would think they will need to move the pocket a ton and let him make some plays with his legs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#84 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

I voted Kaep because I'd just like to see it from a spectacle standpoint but I think the smart thing to do season-wise is just to roll with Hundley...unless there are reports that Rodgers could come back in 7-8 weeks. Then do the best you can, which still might be Hundley or it could be Kaep (not sure given that he hasn't played for a while and McCarthy would be horrible at using him).
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#85 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:33 pm

JayMKE wrote:Kaep is a circus nobody should want to be apart of, not gonna happen.

Just quoting this because I want to be a part of it, which is what you accidentally said :D
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#86 » by Lippo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:37 pm

A and C
Sign Kap to back up Hundley

Romo would be awesome though...
I would miss him in the booth though calling our games.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#87 » by JackSIKMA43 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm

I think Callahan is actually a bit better than Hundley, based on his preseason work. I have a hunch that while Hundley has a stronger arm, Callahan is probably better, on the accuracy side of things.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#88 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm legitimately concerned that Hundley won't make it out of next Sunday's game healthy with the patchwork OL he's going to be behind. I want Hundley to get all of the reps and he deserves the opportunity, but if he gets hurt or if he is totally awful, I'm looking at signing Kap or Romo.

The rest of the offense (if the OL is ever going to stay healthy) should at least be a semi functional unit with the WR's and a better running game. As long as Rodgers can come back before the end of the year, they should be doing everything they can to get to the playoffs and then whatever happens, happens.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#89 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:I'm legitimately concerned that Hundley won't make it out of next Sunday's game healthy with the patchwork OL he's going to be behind. I want Hundley to get all of the reps and he deserves the opportunity, but if he gets hurt or if he is totally awful, I'm looking at signing Kap or Romo.

The rest of the offense (if the OL is ever going to stay healthy) should at least be a semi functional unit with the WR's and a better running game. As long as Rodgers can come back before the end of the year, they should be doing everything they can to get to the playoffs and then whatever happens, happens.

If Hundley gets destroyed by this o-line, we've probably lost a game or two. Unless we are pretty sure that Rodgers is coming back late in the season, at that point you just sign Brandon Weeden and shoot for 4-12.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#90 » by Lippo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Michael Vick :)
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,569

Post#91 » by JayMKE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Kaep is a circus nobody should want to be apart of, not gonna happen.

Just quoting this because I want to be a part of it, which is what you accidentally said :D

I personally don't care about the politics but the distraction in the locker room and fallout from the fans would be absolute pandemonium. I'm not sure the guy actually wants to play football rather than just having a platform for his(really his girlfriend's) social activism. I'm also of the opinion that the guy just isn't that good of a QB, he was a system guy who got figured out.

Hundley gets this Saints game, probably make a decision after that. Not ready to throw the season away quite yet.
FREE GIANNIS
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#92 » by LUKE23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:38 pm

JayMKE wrote:We're not toast as a playoff team because we play in the NFC North. Winner of division could be 9-7 or 8-8.

Kaep is a circus nobody should want to be apart of, not gonna happen. Romo would be kind of intriguing but I don't think he's ready to play anyways.

Vikings will be better than 9-7 is my guess. Their D is absolutely nasty and their offense is improved over last year.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#93 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:38 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

I personally don't care about the politics but the distraction in the locker room and fallout from the fans would be absolute pandemonium. I'm not sure the guy actually wants to play football rather than just having a platform for his(really his girlfriend's) social activism. I'm also of the opinion that the guy just isn't that good of a QB, he was a system guy who got figured out.

Hundley gets this Saints game, probably make a decision after that. Not ready to throw the season away quite yet.

Don't agree much with your first paragraph, but was just pointing out my favorite "apart" is literally the opposite of "a part" grammar dick error.

I will agree that in the context of the Packers' season, I'm not sure it makes sense. Kaep has to still be performing at a high level right away AND we have to hope Rodgers is returning later in the year AND we have to pray that McCarthy even knows how to utilize him AND if all of that fails, it gets in the way of the tank a bit because he's still probably not that bad.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#94 » by FAH1223 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#95 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:We're not toast as a playoff team because we play in the NFC North. Winner of division could be 9-7 or 8-8.

Vikings will be better than 9-7 is my guess. Their D is absolutely nasty and their offense is improved over last year.

Mostly agree. They have a really rough 5 game stretch of @Washington, Rams, @Detroit, @Carolina, @Atlanta. If they can muster 2-3 there, they probably win 10 or 11 games. They've got @Packers, Cincy, Baltimore, Browns, Bears as their other games. That's probably 4-1 or 5-0 with their defense.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#96 » by Max Green » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Voted call Kaep. Bring him in to backup Hundley. If Hundley continues to take shots like he did yesterday he won't make it through our next game.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#97 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

What happened to Taysom Hill, would love him back
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#98 » by crkone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#99 » by CWoodfan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

The Packers traded up to draft Hundley. Hundley has had more than two years in Coach McCarthy's quarterback school.

This is Brett Hundley's team for the rest of the season unless he gets injured.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#100 » by crkone » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |