Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Steelers Lead up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Could be, WILL Be a bloodbath.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Re: Steelers Lead up 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Will be.

Big Ben will have his best game of the season.

Dom Capers is running the same plays Dick LeBeau ran. Steelers know our defense and GB is just not talented enough.

Interestingly, the Steelers are an excellent case study of what the Packers could be. They fired their legendary DC and drafted actual good players in the last couple years.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#3 » by raysbookclub » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Right now the Packers are at 5-5. 6 more games.

@ Steelers
vs Bucs
@ Browns
@ Panthers
vs Vikings
@ Lions

6-10? That would give us picks in the #8-#11 range in the draft, and, possibly, a new defensive coordinator. I'm such a homer though, can't help but think how incredible and dramatic it would be if we went 3-1 over the next four weeks, have Rodgers back against the Vikings and Lions and make the playoffs.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Bucs and Browns are the only games we have a shot and I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both of them. Lions, and maybe Vikings could be resting players depending on playoff seeding at the time.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Aaron Jones busted for pot during a traffic stop last month. Not a big deal, but he will likely face a 1 game suspension as Allison did this year. Jones was arrested for DUI in Texas last year but entered a diversion program so wasn't officially charged.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#6 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Great news. No reason to rush the kid back.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Silverstein:

Asked whether when he comes to the sideline and sees on the overhead shots if there were plays where if he maneuvered a step one way or the other he could have given his receivers time to get open, Hundley gave a clue as to what’s going on in his head.

“There’s opportunities, (but) it’s sort of hard to say there is, there isn’t, because in the game when you see flashes of colors it’s all instincts and reactionary,” Hundley said. “So, if you see something, you’ve just got to make the move and try to make the most of it.

“That’s one thing we have talked about is scrambling within the pocket. That’s something I’ve learned from Aaron. As we go forward, I’ll be better from experience, learning from this.”

There is a possibility that learning from this won’t be enough. It’s possible that all the things that scouts said about Hundley when he came out of a spread offense at UCLA were true.

He’ll never be a pocket passer, they said. He doesn’t have the pocket awareness necessary to play in the NFL. He has never played in a pro-style offense and is at his best when a receiver’s route is pre-determined rather than dependent on the coverage.

Thompson probably thought he was getting a steal when he drafted a guy as talented as Hundley in the fifth round of the 2015 draft. This was going to be his T.J. Lang or Josh Sitton mid-round vision of what everyone else was missing.

Only apart from Rodgers, Thompson has been horrible evaluating quarterbacks. He hasn’t even tried that hard to obtain them, unlike his mentor, Ron Wolf, who drafted seven quarterbacks in 10 years despite having Favre the entire time.

Four of Wolf’s drafted backups – Ty Detmer, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck and Aaron Brooks – went on to become starters with other teams.

Since drafting Rodgers, Thompson has selected Ingle Martin (’06), Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn (’07), B.J. Coleman (’12) and Hundley. Other than Flynn, who managed to go 2-2-1 the one time he had to take over the starting job for more than one game, it’s a terrible record. When you combine it with the ridiculous failures of Seneca Wallace, Scott Tolzien, Graham Harrell and Vince Young, to name a few, it’s downright embarrassing.

Thompson, more than anyone, should have been able to judge whether Hundley can play the pro game based on a hard drive full of practice and exhibition game tape available to him. If Hundley is a bust, Thompson has wasted a year in which Rodgers might have been able to salvage a playoff berth.

Thompson decided 27-year-old rookie free agent Taysom Hill wasn’t worth keeping over cornerback Lenzy Pipkins and won’t ever know if he could have developed faster than Hundley because he’s the No. 3 quarterback with the New Orleans Saints.

He has passed on Colin Kaepernick, who has NFL experience.

And the No. 3 guy the Packers have can’t even get a sniff of action because McCarthy refused to put him in the game against the Ravens. It’s likely Joe Callahan couldn’t have saved this loss, but are they going to wait like they did with Hundley, only to find out he can’t play in this offense?

Why then is he on the team?

“I felt we still had a chance to get into the game there,” McCarthy said of not playing Callahan. “It was 13-0, obviously 6-0 at halftime. We were in the no-huddle offense, kind of a 2-minute mode. That was something that Brett has done very well the past couple of games.”

McCarthy continues to stand behind Hundley because he believes he can be successful in the NFL. If that’s the case, he and the coaches failed to drill into his head that he can’t win playing outside the pocket and lost a winnable game.

But it very well could be that Hundley just isn’t the quarterback the Packers thought he was.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#8 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Just keep losing I guess?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#9 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

I never thought this day would come but....

#FreeChuckDiesel
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#10 » by Prickle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:38 am

We all know MM is stubborn, to put it mildly, but at some point he has to say to himself, "what do I have to lose?", right? I don't care how much he had invested into Hundley, but there was a point in the game on Sunday where it became brutally obvious that Hundley was not going to be able to win the game. YET, we still were only down by 1, and shortly after, 2 scores. MM chose to go down with the ship rather than empty his barrel, and I think that was a sign of cowardice. Sure, maybe Callahan doesn't come in and provide the spark that leads the team to victory, but at least you could've said you TRIED, when it was obvious that Hundley wasn't going to get the job done.

We didn't even need "good" QB play to win this game, "mediocre" might've been enough to win it. Callahan might've been just mediocre enough to win the game, but we'll never know. All we know is that Hundley wasn't even good enough to be "mediocre"......he was trash.

When any other position player is not performing, they always swiftly bring in someone else to try to stop the bleeding. How is the backup QB exempt from this type of decision making? When MM was asked why he didn't make the change, he said it was because "we were still trying to win the game." Well, it was obvious to anyone watching that Hundley was not going to win a 1st down, much less the f*cking game, so who do you think you're fooling, MM?
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#11 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:32 pm

This is most likely going to be a blood bath, but the Steelers play down to their competition too. It wouldn't surprise me if it's close for a good part of the game, just because of that.

A 14 point line for a primetime game is pretty humorous. I think when Flynn was the starter against the Patriots in 2010, the line was somewhat comparable to this and we covered that pretty easily.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 pm

Look how open Kendricks is and how late Hundley is to recognize it, leading to the interception.

Read on Twitter

On a side note, we've horribly misused/underused Kendricks this year.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#13 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Think you have to stick with Hundley to start, but if he has another 1st half like he did on Sunday, then you owe it to the team to see what Callahan can do.

Oh, and this is gonna be a beatdown.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#14 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 pm

trwi7 wrote:Look how open Kendricks is and how late Hundley is to recognize it, leading to the interception.

Read on Twitter

There are tons of really valid criticisms of Hundley, but one where he is running for his life and can't get a chance to get his feet set probably isn't one of them for me. Anyway, time to start researching the draft, get your next developmental QB and hopefully have a high enough pick to get an impact edge rusher or shut down corner.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm

M-C-G wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Look how open Kendricks is and how late Hundley is to recognize it, leading to the interception.

Read on Twitter

There are tons of really valid criticisms of Hundley, but one where he is running for his life and can't get a chance to get his feet set probably isn't one of them for me. Anyway, time to start researching the draft, get your next developmental QB and hopefully have a high enough pick to get an impact edge rusher or shut down corner.

Once he eludes the first rusher, he has a clean pocket to survey the field and find Kendricks streaking into his vision wide open. It's his fault he scrambled into the second pressure.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#16 » by rilamann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 pm

The only thing Hundley has done so far is make me appreciate good NFL QBs even more.

When you watch a guy like Aaron Rodgers he almost makes it seem like it's not that hard to be a great NFL QB. Obviously you know it's not, but he makes it appear that way to an extent at least.

When you watch a guy like Hundley you get reminded how incredibly hard it is. You have have to be extremely gifted physically, then on top of that have an insane amount of intangibles and instincts to even be decent.

Hundley is terrible.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,287

Post#17 » by rilamann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 pm

Prickle wrote:We all know MM is stubborn, to put it mildly, but at some point he has to say to himself, "what do I have to lose?", right? I don't care how much he had invested into Hundley, but there was a point in the game on Sunday where it became brutally obvious that Hundley was not going to be able to win the game. YET, we still were only down by 1, and shortly after, 2 scores. MM chose to go down with the ship rather than empty his barrel, and I think that was a sign of cowardice. Sure, maybe Callahan doesn't come in and provide the spark that leads the team to victory, but at least you could've said you TRIED, when it was obvious that Hundley wasn't going to get the job done.

It's classic Mike McCarthy. The situation you just described is exactly who he is and always has been as a football coach. That mentality is a major reason why Aaron Rodgers has only played in one Super Bowl.

And due to the fact that getting to that 1 Super Bowl earned Mike McCarthy a lifetime pass to coach the Packers until he doesn't feel like it any more, will be a major reason why it is extremely likely that Aaron Rodgers will retire having only played in that 1 Super Bowl.

It's always funny to me when people say...''It's hard to win a Super Bowl''. I agree and that's not lost on me, but the whole reason it's hard, or the biggest reason why it's hard is because you usually need a really good QB and really good QBs are rare.

And the Packers have arguably the best QB to ever play football.

Like I have said before, winning a Super Bowl is hard, but it shouldn't be this hard when your QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Hosting one NFC Championship game shouldn't be this hard....lol.

How the **** is Mike McCarthy still coaching this team in 2017.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Matthews a game time decision. I love ya Clay but it's time to move on. He has one year left on his deal at $10.4 million plus $1 million in bonuses. But we have no cap hit if we cut him. Per Sportrac.
Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#19 » by Prickle » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 am

rilamann wrote:
Prickle wrote:We all know MM is stubborn, to put it mildly, but at some point he has to say to himself, "what do I have to lose?", right? I don't care how much he had invested into Hundley, but there was a point in the game on Sunday where it became brutally obvious that Hundley was not going to be able to win the game. YET, we still were only down by 1, and shortly after, 2 scores. MM chose to go down with the ship rather than empty his barrel, and I think that was a sign of cowardice. Sure, maybe Callahan doesn't come in and provide the spark that leads the team to victory, but at least you could've said you TRIED, when it was obvious that Hundley wasn't going to get the job done.

It's classic Mike McCarthy. The situation you just described is exactly who he is and always has been as a football coach. That mentality is a major reason why Aaron Rodgers has only played in one Super Bowl.

And due to the fact that getting to that 1 Super Bowl earned Mike McCarthy a lifetime pass to coach the Packers until he doesn't feel like it any more, will be a major reason why it is extremely likely that Aaron Rodgers will retire having only played in that 1 Super Bowl.

It's always funny to me when people say...''It's hard to win a Super Bowl''. I agree and that's not lost on me, but the whole reason it's hard, or the biggest reason why it's hard is because you usually need a really good QB and really good QBs are rare.

And the Packers have arguably the best QB to ever play football.

Like I have said before, winning a Super Bowl is hard, but it shouldn't be this hard when your QB is Aaron Rodgers.

Hosting one NFC Championship game shouldn't be this hard....lol.

How the **** is Mike McCarthy still coaching this team in 2017.

He answers to Ted Thompson, who answers to Mark Murphy, who answers to no one. THERE'S your answer.

They all have comfy jobs where they makes millions and have almost no accountability. The company they work for is doing just fine, financially. Why would anyone fire themselves?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,569

Post#20 » by Profound23 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 pm

How many sacks will TJ Watt get?

Return to Green Bay Packers