ImageImage

Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,051

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Game on Sat Night 

Post#21 » by MVP2110 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Packers should IR Rodgers, Adams, Bahktiari, Clark, Burnett & Perry. Should also sit Jordy, Daniels, Martinez, Haha, & Cobb. No reason to risk anyone who we plan on being a big part of our team next year. In the same breath should let some younger guys get some burn like Hundley, Callahan, Clark, Davis, Pankey, McCray, M. Adams, etc.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#22 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Packers should IR Rodgers, Adams, Bahktiari, Clark, Burnett & Perry. Should also sit Jordy, Daniels, Martinez, Haha, & Cobb. No reason to risk anyone who we plan on being a big part of our team next year. In the same breath should let some younger guys get some burn like Hundley, Callahan, Clark, Davis, Pankey, McCray, M. Adams, etc.

Absolutely. As an organization your goal is to win a super bowl and since they are eliminated from achieving that goal this season then the focus needs to shift to the next super bowl. One small step towards that goal is to evaluate younger guys and get them some game experience. These last two games present an opportunity to do that. Every little action means something and you might see something in a player these last two games that will have an effect down the road.

These final two games are a much better tool for evaluation and development than preseason games because these guys will be playing actual NFL players for an entire game.

Side note... Ha Ha plays; he's been so god damn bad this season he should really be playing for his place on the team moving forward.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#23 » by dbrodz7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Rodgers is officially out.
Misery loves company
TankWilson
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#24 » by TankWilson » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:21 pm

Adams won't play, I'd shut jordy and cobb down as well and see what davis, allison and janis do at receiver.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#25 » by stillgotgame » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Cobb & Nelson are going to want to play to show their value. Very likely that one or both are gone next year. Nelson doesn't look like he can get any separation anymore, and Cobb's explosiveness has dropped off.
Tough times for them here.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#26 » by humanrefutation » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Rodgers headed to IR.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd 

Post#27 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 pm

I don't know, I think Cobb actually looked pretty decent this year when Rodgers was healthy. Even last week, the move on the TD was pretty impressive and showed that he still has some burst.

I don't want to say Jordy's done either because I do think that with a healthy Rodgers, he can still be a pretty good receiver. It's obvious his days of being a top 10 WR in the league are well behind him, though.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,051

Post#28 » by MVP2110 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Honestly it should just be anyone they consider a core piece next year, those players should sit. No reason to risk them to ACL injuries, concussions, broken bones, etc. Start focusing on 2018. I'm not saying try to lose. But try to win with your non core players
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#29 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Man some of the comments from the JSComments twitter are extra cringe worthy today. LOL
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#30 » by raysbookclub » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Who are you rooting for/against, now that the Packers are out?

In the NFC, I'll root for the Rams and the Saints. Rooting against Min, Atlanta. Philly and Car I'm meh.

AFC, rooting for anyone besides the Pats. Have a Jacksonville connection, so I'll root for the Jags especially.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#31 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:01 am

Davis had his suspension reduced to one game, as expected. I mean, if Trevathan got only one game, it's hard to argue TD should get more.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 am

books wrote:Who are you rooting for/against, now that the Packers are out?

In the NFC, I'll root for the Rams and the Saints. Rooting against Min, Atlanta. Philly and Car I'm meh.

AFC, rooting for anyone besides the Pats. Have a Jacksonville connection, so I'll root for the Jags especially.

Anyone but NE, DAL, and MIN is fine with me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#33 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 am

Rams or Saints are fine with me. In the AFC love to see Jax, Tennessee, Buffalo or KC do some damage.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,795

Post#34 » by BJ Sandered » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:38 am

In the NFC, I'm rooting for the Saints and Rams and I'm rooting against the Eagles, Falcons and Vikings. Panthers I'm also neutral on but I don't like Cam.

In the AFC, I'm also rooting against the Patriots. I don't like the Ravens either so I'll be rooting against them as well. Overall I'm rooting for the Chiefs and Bills for sure with the Steelers being my third choice right now.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
TankWilson
Sophomore

Post#35 » by TankWilson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:14 am

stillgotgame wrote:Cobb & Nelson are going to want to play to show their value. Very likely that one or both are gone next year. Nelson doesn't look like he can get any separation anymore, and Cobb's explosiveness has dropped off.
Tough times for them here.

Jordy is fine, started off the year great until he lost his QB.. not his fault
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#36 » by BUCKnation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 am

I think Cobb has been good, but we haven't been creative enough to get him the ball in space as often as we should. No reason he shouldn't be getting 5+ touches a game.
TankWilson
Sophomore

Post#37 » by TankWilson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:05 am

Im calling a rams Jacksonville Super Bowl right now!!
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#38 » by Mags FTW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 am

Anyone but the Vikings.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#39 » by Mags FTW » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 am

BUCKnation wrote:I think Cobb has been good, but we haven't been creative enough to get him the ball in space as often as we should. No reason he shouldn't be getting 5+ touches a game.

He was a Wildcat QB in college and has attempted one pass in his career, which was in his rookie year. One.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#40 » by stillgotgame » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:00 am

Cobb & Nelson will both be over $12 million in cap hit next year, will rank about 10-12th in the league. Neither are close to a top 10 receiver. They don't get separation.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers