Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,338

Re: Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 am

And Adams will get big money. Hard to have 3 receivers all making over $10 mil
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Post#42 » by ColeWorld23 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 am

That NFC Championship game vs Seattle is still haunting me.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#43 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:59 am

No Blake Martinez in the pro bowl kind of pisses me off.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,524

Post#44 » by th87 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:46 am

ColeWorld23 wrote:That NFC Championship game vs Seattle is still haunting me.

Yeah, that was the worst thing I ever experienced as a Packers fan. Upset for months.

But it had one huge positive - I stopped emotionally investing so much into sports. Quit fantasy football, don't get too up or down on the games, etc. Really improved my life in some ways, as weird as it is to say.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,773

Vikings Lead-Up: Packers Eliminated; Rodgers IR'd 

Post#45 » by RubberSoul » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 am

th87 wrote:

Yeah, that was the worst thing I ever experienced as a Packers fan. Upset for months.

But it had one huge positive - I stopped emotionally investing so much into sports. Quit fantasy football, don't get too up or down on the games, etc. Really improved my life in some ways, as weird as it is to say.

Couldn’t agree more. I still emotionally invest in sports but it’s not quite the same. It’s like a small part of my sports fandom died that day.

If we fail to win another super bowl with Rodgers (which looks more and more likely every passing year) I will remember 2014 even more than 2010 similar to how I remember 1997 more than 1996. It sucks how that works.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#46 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:49 pm

th87 wrote:

Definitely the worst loss I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

Worse than the SB XXXII loss. Worse than NFCC against the Giants. Worse than 4th and 26. Worse than any of the other heartbreaking Packer losses of the last decade. Worse than the 4 consecutive years of gutpunch tournament losses for the Badgers MBB. Worse than Liverpool choking away the EPL in 2014, and the Europa League title in 2016. Worse than the 2001 ECF for the Bucks.

That game absolutely shattered me. My fandom has never been the same. I'm just not as personally invested anymore in sports - as much as I love watching and playing sports. Which is good, probably.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#47 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah, I don't think any loss really compares to that one, for any of my teams throughout the course of my life. Although I will say, if the Cubs would've blown Game 7 of the World Series, I think I would have quit sports altogether that night...lol.

Literally if just one of those things went the Packers way in the final 5 minutes of the game, they would've won that game. That's the thing that really made it tough for me to get over that loss. And if Rodgers wasn't hobbled, that game is most likely a blowout. A large part of me getting over that L had to do with Seattle losing in the Super Bowl in the manner that they did. I also convinced myself as best as I could that Rodgers wasn't 100% and we weren't going to beat the Patriots anyway.

The postseason run in 2010 erased a ton of demons from postseasons' past. But something like 4th and 26 still doesn't go away -- I mean on the very rare occasion when you're watching a game and it's 3rd & 26 or 4th & 26, that thought is always there and it'll be there for the entirety of my life. Still, I think that's something that I can actually somewhat laugh at now as opposed to just being upset/angry, or sad.

If we're fortunate enough to win a Super Bowl soon, that would all about erase 2014 for me. But obviously, that's a major 'if.'
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#48 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Wow, guess I'm in the minority in that I thought the 2008 NFCCG loss was worse. At Lambeau in the brutal cold and only one play from the Super Bowl. Especially when it was the last game that Favre ever played in a Packer uniform.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#49 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm

If you want to relive the thrill of victory and agony of defeat from the 2015 NFCC:

viewtopic.php?f=161&t=1367524&start=940#start_here

Here's the thread from the 2008 NFCC:

viewtopic.php?f=161&t=811482
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#50 » by jazzfanWA » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:08 pm

humanrefutation wrote:If you want to relive the thrill of victory and agony of defeat from the 2015 NFCC:

Only those with self mutilation disorders will click that.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#51 » by El Duderino » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:10 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
th87 wrote:

Definitely the worst loss I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

Worse than the SB XXXII loss. Worse than NFCC against the Giants. Worse than 4th and 26. Worse than any of the other heartbreaking Packer losses of the last decade. Worse than the 4 consecutive years of gutpunch tournament losses for the Badgers MBB. Worse than Liverpool choking away the EPL in 2014, and the Europa League title in 2016. Worse than the 2001 ECF for the Bucks.

That game absolutely shattered me. My fandom has never been the same. I'm just not as personally invested anymore in sports - as much as I love watching and playing sports. Which is good, probably.

Wow, i thought i was alone in feeling this way.

I was such a wreck after that game and for a couple of days after. My acid reflux was so bad, i could barely breathe and even my back was burning.

Finally, i decided that i needed to do a reset on how much importance i was putting on sports. I thought back about the kids and their parents i came across with Cerebral Palsy while i rehabbed a serious injury and yet i allowed a football game to devastate me. My daughter was healthy.

Since then i no longer take the winning or losing of sports games as seriously. Sure tough losses still can sting, but not to where i'm in a fog days later.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#52 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:17 pm

jazzfanWA wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:If you want to relive the thrill of victory and agony of defeat from the 2015 NFCC:

I know one of the common methods of treating trauma is to relive it, at least in a therapeutic setting. :)
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#53 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:20 pm

The 2007 ending was really awful too, but the Giants were the better team that day. It was actually miraculous that we were still in that game with a chance to win before Favre threw the INT. The part that stung about that game was that Tynes misses the chip shot FG, but then comes back and hits a near 50 yard FG in 0 degree weather to win the game. I remember feeling pretty sick after that game too, but it didn't really come anywhere near the feeling I had after the 2014 game.

That 2007 team was really fun, though. Probably my favorite non-championship Packers team.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#54 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
jazzfanWA wrote:

I know one of the common methods of treating trauma is to relive it, at least in a therapeutic setting. :)

Feels like pain shopping. :cry:
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#55 » by Mags FTW » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:17 am

Ron Swanson wrote:Wow, guess I'm in the minority in that I thought the 2008 NFCCG loss was worse. At Lambeau in the brutal cold and only one play from the Super Bowl. Especially when it was the last game that Favre ever played in a Packer uniform.

I got over that one quickly. We wouldn’t have beaten the Pats.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#56 » by HKPackFan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:42 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:The 2007 ending was really awful too, but the Giants were the better team that day. It was actually miraculous that we were still in that game with a chance to win before Favre threw the INT. The part that stung about that game was that Tynes misses the chip shot FG, but then comes back and hits a near 50 yard FG in 0 degree weather to win the game. I remember feeling pretty sick after that game too, but it didn't really come anywhere near the feeling I had after the 2014 game.

That 2007 team was really fun, though. Probably my favorite non-championship Packers team.

That one killed me, we were extremely healthy, Favre was an MVP candidate, having a great year after a couple low ones and I felt this was his last shot, the last window for the Favre Era. Really wanted the Jon Elway ending and to know this was probably his last shot was so tough.

I was also personally deeply invested. We were on a remote island in Thailand and I spent the day before the game driving around for a couple hours finding a hotel or bar that had the game.

I found one, but they close the bar down after midnight, so I bought a room so I could be considered a guest so I could make them give me the remote and put the game on. Of course they were almost sold out and only had $300 rooms available. :banghead:

The timings were off and the cable guide was sketchy. I left the anniversary party at my hotel at midnight (the reason I was in Thailand) and sat outside wondering if the game will play for a couple hours. Finally the pats vs chargers game came on.

The NFCC came on at like 5am and I was **** exhausted and physically drained when the damn thing went to overtime. Suddenly I was surrounded by hundreds of old people as the bar area became a breakfast venue and people looked at me funny as I paced around and was pulling my hair out. I'd been awake more than 24hrs straight, when Favre threw the pick and my world crashed.

I paid my hotel bill in a room I never stayed in, and rushed to my hotel where 30 of my in laws were in a rented bus waiting for my return.

It was about as low as it got for me. Thankfully 2010 relieved me from that hell.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#57 » by JayMKE » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 am

Dude they all take a toll, I was probably more hung up on 2008 and 4th & 26 because I was younger. I refuse to relive or rewatch anything to do to with them since it's burned into my mind. After that Rodgers won a Superbowl I mellowed out a lot, man bahhhhh I've blanking all this other stuff but now it's coming back! Pain!!!!!!!!!

Favre was my hero growing up and when we lost against the Giants in that game I felt that it was over, TT should of traded that damn pick for Randy Moss(look what he did in New England that season) With Rodgers I've always felt we had a good shot of making it back.
FREE GIANNIS
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#58 » by Jollay » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:38 am

I doubt there's ever going to be a series of events that can ever match the Seattle loss. In just a few minutes too.

So many little things where every one had to go Seattle's way, and did. And the worst part is it ruined one of the most brilliant Packers performances ever (really) up until that point. 4th and 26 and the Giants game don't come close for me, personally. The 15-1 season Giants loss actually hurts me more than the Favre one, because we had such a juggernaut.

I would like to see Callahan with close to the full offense at his disposal.

In the offseason, this is likely going to take two years to fix, and we might have to draft mostly defense yet again to get appropriate personnel for whatever new D we might run sans Capers. (perhaps) Just unremarkable personnel at so many positions now. And we're stuck with many.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#59 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:20 am

Both losses gutted me especially hard because they would have played in a sb where i live so i was looking forward to two weeks of enjoying it.

I'm also on the boat of 2015 breaking me. I'll never care about any sporting event like that again... its just not worth it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,338

Post#60 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Just beat the Queens somehow. I don't want them getting a bye.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers