LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Re: 2018 Packers Offseason Thread - Jordy Out/Jimmy & Mo In 

Post#1921 » by LikeABosh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope he signs there. I just don't want him somewhere that I'll have to root against him and I'm perfectly indifferent about the raiders.

Yeah, I have nothing against the raiders or Derek Carr
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,387

Post#1922 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#1923 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:05 am

Why are the numbers out for seemingly every FA signing besides Graham?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#1924 » by M-C-G » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:14 am

BUCKnation wrote:Why are the numbers out for seemingly every FA signing besides Graham?

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman strike again, probably

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1925 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#1926 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 am

Don't love 10M a year, but honestly it has been so long since we had a dominant TE... I'm okay with it. We need to find a body at CB, and if we have cap space we need a speed WR to help take the top off of defenses.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1927 » by Bernman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:56 am

I would have prioritized CB, but if we can shed cap to make it happen, like cutting Matthews loose if not too much is guaranteed there, I'm good with these moves and offseason.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#1928 » by BUCKnation » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:10 am

Feel meh about that deal.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#1929 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:18 am

I think that Pettine really wants to get his hands on Clay, or we would have heard more about moving Clay's money around.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#1930 » by RRyder823 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 am

Well now the details are in..... I pretty much hate this deal for Graham in every possible way.(could change to only moderately hate this deal if the bulk of guaranteed money is in the form of roster bonuses we can get out of by cutting ties)

That's a pretty massive overpay unless he passes Gronk as the league's top TE. In fact even then that's a freaking lot to pay for a TE on the wrong side of 30 (or even the right side of 30)

We really just made him the highest paid TE in the league.... again.... comming off multiple sub par seasons. Oh I know Seattle didn't know how to use him and we have Rodgers because if ever there's a reason to give a guy that coin it's deffinatly a guy who showed he can't produce at an elite level unless he's playing with a HoF QB throwing him the ball

Sorry. This deal sucks

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1931 » by trwi7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:15 am

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Packers Offseason Thread - Jordy Out/Jimmy & Mo In 

Post#1932 » by RRyder823 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But hey he's a name that people recognize so there's that and it was all Seattle's fault

TankWilson
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#1933 » by TankWilson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:39 am

Love what Gute is doing and I was happy when he took over. However I hear a lot of people kind of assuming if TT was still GM he would have just sat pat. I think it was kind of obvious something had to be done with cobb and nelson or both. While doing that of course it made sense to then upgrade the passing game at our weakest spot with the new cash. Graham certainly wanted to play with the best QB in the game too. Wilkerson was a pettine coup and a guy the pack surely wouldn't have ignored at that price.

I know TT is frugal and set in his ways but i don't think its a stretch to say he would have done exactly what the pack of done with gute. Its also worth mentioning TT is still employed by this team and probably is a voice that gute really listens to for advice. Just my 2 cents cause it seems TT is taking an unnecessary beating at the hands of some.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#1934 » by DanoMac » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 am

Bevell used him as a blocker, like, way more than he ever needs to be used as a blocker. And despite Seattle's ridiculously messy offense Graham still reeled in what..10, 12 red zone TD's last year? I trade Jordy for that production all day. Will be interesting to see how Graham is with a more traditional QB again.

As one guy on Twitter put it "Every free agent is overpaid. You either overpay them, or lose out on them and complain about how you signed noone".

At least we didn't pay Sammy Watkins $16mil per. There's a lot worse deals out there.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1935 » by glenn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh ****, not the totally real WROBP, WRSLG and WROPS stats!
:reporter:
ak7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,383

Post#1936 » by ak7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I had to google what all these made up stats were and actually the first hit for “WROBP” was Rob Gronkowski. Then I stumbled upon these stats being created by a random guy who caveats them all by saying “context is important.” I stopped reading there. These are worthless.
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Packers Offseason Thread - Jordy Out/Jimmy & Mo In 

Post#1937 » by RRyder823 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 am

DanoMac wrote:Bevell used him as a blocker, like, way more than he ever needs to be used as a blocker. And despite Seattle's ridiculously messy offense Graham still reeled in what..10, 12 red zone TD's last year? I trade Jordy for that production all day. Will be interesting to see how Graham is with a more traditional QB again.

As one guy on Twitter put it "Every free agent is overpaid. You either overpay them, or lose out on them and complain about how you signed noone".

At least we didn't pay Sammy Watkins $16mil per. There's a lot worse deals out there.

I'm not sure there are

I'd rather pay Watkins 16 per then this one. At least then we'd have a guy taking the top of the D. If any other team hands Graham this deal we're all thanking our lucky stars the Packers didn't hand the deal out much the same way people are talking about Robinson and Watkins. This one is every bit as bad as those.

Prickle
Senior
And1: 221

Post#1938 » by Prickle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 am

Everyone has complained for so long about how the Packers haven't been players in free agency. They finally do it, and fans are like "Yeah, but not like that." Sorry, there is a price to pay when you play the FA game. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Yes, there were times in years past where the Packers had an abundance of cap space, and wouldn't have needed to dump salary in order to make a move, and it was frustrating that TT was unwilling to even explore this. But that's not where we're at currently. It was very apparent that this team needed to address some areas of need with FA acquisitions this offseason, and that it would also come with consequences.

I hate to see Jordy go too, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Let's be honest, Jordy is on the decline, and MUCH more is being made out of this only because he is a fan favorite. Why is he a fan favorite? Well....yes, he's been a great player, but he also fits the mold for what Wisconsinites typically root for: A white, hardworking, country farm boy who's made good for himself. I mean, the reaction I've seen on social media from the moms and grandmas of rural Wisconsin has been ridiculous, and downright embarrassing.

It's sad, I get it, and I'm right there with a lot of those who hope that he signs a new deal with the Pack. The difference is, I don't want him back because he's cute, or a good guy, or because I just bought his jersey for my daughter. I think he could still be a big part of this offense, but it has to be at the RIGHT PRICE. The team made a business move, and it was a good one as far as I'm concerned.
TankWilson
Sophomore

Post#1939 » by TankWilson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:Gute put himself into a corner trading Randall. He needs to make a 1 through 3 cornerback appear before the draft.

The team that supposedly believed in him enough to trade for him put him at free safety. We’ll replace his production somewhere.

I realize the idea is that we’ve dealt an NFL caliber corner, but there was no certainty of that.

I get that but randall was still a guy who could help you at a weak spot. Gute has gotta have some more tricks up his sleeve cause CB is barren and thats obviously a VERY important position. You take a guy like josh jackson at 14 he'll start day one and help you but you still need another quality guy. I guess if you're desperate (which we are) you could crawl back to house. Thats yucky tho.
TankWilson
Sophomore

Post#1940 » by TankWilson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:10 am

Prickle wrote:Everyone has complained for so long about how the Packers haven't been players in free agency. They finally do it, and fans are like "Yeah, but not like that." Sorry, there is a price to pay when you play the FA game. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Yes, there were times in years past where the Packers had an abundance of cap space, and wouldn't have needed to dump salary in order to make a move, and it was frustrating that TT was unwilling to even explore this. But that's not where we're at currently. It was very apparent that this team needed to address some areas of need with FA acquisitions this offseason, and that it would also come with consequences.

I hate to see Jordy go too, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Let's be honest, Jordy is on the decline, and MUCH more is being made out of this only because he is a fan favorite. Why is he a fan favorite? Well....yes, he's been a great player, but he also fits the mold for what Wisconsinites typically root for: A white, hardworking, country farm boy who's made good for himself. I mean, the reaction I've seen on social media from the moms and grandmas of rural Wisconsin has been ridiculous, and downright embarrassing.

It's sad, I get it, and I'm right there with a lot of those who hope that he signs a new deal with the Pack. The difference is, I don't want him back because he's cute, or a good guy, or because I just bought his jersey for my daughter. I think he could still be a big part of this offense, but it has to be at the RIGHT PRICE. The team made a business move, and it was a good one as far as I'm concerned.

My only thing is and i'm not coming from a fan boy perspective is why not let cobb walk and shift nelson to the slot. Larry fitzgerald slowed down and made that move and he's been dynamite. Also Jordy has played there and crushed it. I'm not too heartbroken tho because I get cobb is the younger man, the more explosive man and the more experienced slot man. I think it was about 65-45 for me leaning to keep jordy. His uncanny connection with rodgers was a big reason to me too.

He may not be great anywhere else but due to that connection with Arod I feel like he'd come through with a lot of big plays. Also I wonder how important a slot receiver is now with graham. Why not cut cobb as well and sign a guy like john brown to be the burner on the outside opposite adams. That frees even more cap to improve that little thing called defense.

Return to Green Bay Packers