Lions Leadup

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,047

Lions Leadup 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:10 am

Both teams eliminated from the playoffs. Just playing for pride, at this point.

Caldwell is at risk of being canned, so you know he's gonna go all-out.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,487

Re: Lions Leadup 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:42 am

Dom Capers finale please. Let's see some Callahan. Why the hell not.

I believe we're tied for pick #12 with a few teams. I don't know how the tiebreakers work for multiple teams. Is it strength of schedule?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#3 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:21 am

Bak shouldn't play. They will probably play him and play with fire but with the current state of their tackle situation it will be foolish. A severe injury to him would be catastrophic to their 2018 chances.

Hell I wouldn't play clark, daniels, or Martinez either.

Treat this like the 4th preseason game.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:32 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Dom Capers finale please. Let's see some Callahan. Why the hell not.

I believe we're tied for pick #12 with a few teams. I don't know how the tiebreakers work for multiple teams. Is it strength of schedule?

Yeah, which sucks because only Washington has a stronger SOS of the 6 and 7 win teams so we're going to be towards the bottom there. If it was strength of victory we would be towards the top because our .352 SOV is tied with Arizona for second worst (Cincinnati is .267). That's going to cost us a few spots in the draft just by how they determine it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,306

Post#5 » by rilamann » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:28 am

This game will have a playoff feel to it, not because it's 2 good teams facing each other, but because going into it you know it will be the Packer's final game of the season...lol.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#6 » by FAH1223 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Zach Kruse:
Packers have allowed 58 passing touchdowns since the start of 2016. The only team that has allowed more? The Browns (63).

Same goes for passer rating. Packers have allowed an opposing passer rating of 98.0 since the start of 2016. Second highest in NFL. The Browns are last at 102.2.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#7 » by bizarro » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:29 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Zach Kruse:
Packers have allowed 58 passing touchdowns since the start of 2016. The only team that has allowed more? The Browns (63).

Same goes for passer rating. Packers have allowed an opposing passer rating of 98.0 since the start of 2016. Second highest in NFL. The Browns are last at 102.2.

I'd love to see the breakdown of those TD's: down and distance; TE's vs Wr's vs. RB's; qb's faced - number of times and passer rating and numbers. It's become so cliche when watching the Packers to expect wide open receivers, massive 3rd down completion percentages and 1st down conversions.

How the hell are MM and Capers getting a repeated free pass here. Not to mention, TT for supporting the both and providing the talent that either isn't talented enough or poorly schemed. Man has the patina worn off!
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,579

Post#8 » by Profound23 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:11 am

rilamann wrote:This game will have a playoff feel to it, not because it's 2 good teams facing each other, but because going into it you know it will be the Packer's final game of the season...lol.

Also, because the losing team jumps over the winning team in draft order.

Right now we are at 14, if we lose we can move to 11....if we win we can fall to 21 and the Lions take our spot at 14.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#9 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:46 am

I've never been less excited for a regular season game in my life.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,333

Post#10 » by HKPackFan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:58 am

We haven't reached 1980s level of pathetic, but some of the younger fans are getting a very small taste of what the older crowd remembers.

I don't want to feel those days ever again.
#FreeChuckDiesel
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#11 » by bizarro » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:02 am

HKPackFan wrote:We haven't reached 1980s level of pathetic, but some of the younger fans are getting a very small taste of what the older crowd remembers.

I don't want to feel those days ever again.

Yeah, this has more the feel of a Ray Rhodes season to me. We've been spoiled with relevance for some time and this season still feels like an absolutely necessary and predictable outcome. The decision-makers that be and the coach that is need their feathers ruffled more and more. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the thing that irks me most about the MM regime and the TT-led front office is their lack of imagination. They just don't inspire any excitement in me with what they co-create. I think I get most excited about the UDFA pools over anything. That's telling.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,326

Post#12 » by El Duderino » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 am

bizarro wrote:

I'd love to see the breakdown of those TD's: down and distance; TE's vs Wr's vs. RB's; qb's faced - number of times and passer rating and numbers. It's become so cliche when watching the Packers to expect wide open receivers, massive 3rd down completion percentages and 1st down conversions.

How the hell are MM and Capers getting a repeated free pass here. Not to mention, TT for supporting the both and providing the talent that either isn't talented enough or poorly schemed. Man has the patina worn off!

Because Mark Murphy is a pussy.

There have been benefits of the Packers not having a single owner, but one downside is complacency. Murphy has been content to see the Packers keep making the playoffs, regardless of repeated failures once in the playoffs, largely because Ted has slipped as a GM and nobody has been willing to force Capers out the door.

So every year the overall talent declines and the defense sucks, but all three of Ted/McCarthy/Capers are back as Rodgers covers for numerous warts, just enough to make the playoffs and then lose. Rinse and repeat.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#13 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:55 pm

It's going to be an interesting couple weeks in GB. If they were going to make sweeping changes the timing is right with both TT and MM going into the final year in their contracts and if they would bring in new people they would want to make significant roster changes and this offseason is one where they will need to make some tough decisions on some high priced vets no matter who is in charge.

The aspect we really don't know about is how Rodgers really feels about MM. For as much as fans like to say MM has held Rodgers back it might be Rodgers himself that has and will continue to keep MM employed here. I'm not implying that Rodgers gets to make that decision but he certainly has influence. Him and MM have been together a long time and it's very possible Rodgers is one of his biggest supporters in the building. If that is the case I get why the move hasn't been made because a coaching change has risk involved because a lot of new coaches fail. Now sometimes you need to make a hard decision that might not be popular for the betterment of the team but I do get why it's not as easy as us fans think.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#14 » by FAH1223 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm

El Duderino wrote:
bizarro wrote:

Because Mark Murphy is a pussy.

There have been benefits of the Packers not having a single owner, but one downside is complacency. Murphy has been content to see the Packers keep making the playoffs, regardless of repeated failures once in the playoffs, largely because Ted has slipped as a GM and nobody has been willing to force Capers out the door.

So every year the overall talent declines and the defense sucks, but all three of Ted/McCarthy/Capers are back as Rodgers covers for numerous warts, just enough to make the playoffs and then lose. Rinse and repeat.

Not only is Murphy a pussy...

Do you even have faith in him choosing the next GM?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,064

Post#15 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Must L.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#16 » by trwi7 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:25 pm

Can we just cut Trevor Davis?

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
jazzfanWA
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2018-2019
And1: 362

Post#17 » by jazzfanWA » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:28 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Treat this like the 4th preseason game.

You mean like the 8th or 9th one.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,375

Post#18 » by M-C-G » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's going to be an interesting couple weeks in GB. If they were going to make sweeping changes the timing is right with both TT and MM going into the final year in their contracts and if they would bring in new people they would want to make significant roster changes and this offseason is one where they will need to make some tough decisions on some high priced vets no matter who is in charge.

The aspect we really don't know about is how Rodgers really feels about MM. For as much as fans like to say MM has held Rodgers back it might be Rodgers himself that has and will continue to keep MM employed here. I'm not implying that Rodgers gets to make that decision but he certainly has influence. Him and MM have been together a long time and it's very possible Rodgers is one of his biggest supporters in the building. If that is the case I get why the move hasn't been made because a coaching change has risk involved because a lot of new coaches fail. Now sometimes you need to make a hard decision that might not be popular for the betterment of the team but I do get why it's not as easy as us fans think.

Yup. I think Rodgers has a lot of sway in this decision.

If you are the Packers and contemplating change, the time is absolutely this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#19 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:Can we just cut Trevor Davis?

Read on Twitter

Yeah Davis should be cut because he's just not good. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this play that he lost it in the lights and it wasn't just a complete lack of effort. Now finding the damn ball in the air is kind of WR 101 stuff so again he just kind of sucks.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#20 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

As a UWW alumni I love this move. I hope they give him a shot in camp next year. I mean he can't be any worse than davis or janis at wr.

Return to Green Bay Packers