ImageImage

ATL: The 2018 NFL Offseason - DeMarco Murray Retires (pg 86)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Re: ATL: Super Bowl Game Thread (pg 44) 

Post#981 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Feb 7, 2018 12:42 am

Wut

Read on Twitter
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#982 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 7, 2018 1:03 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Wut

Read on Twitter

This makes me wonder a couple things:

Did he get there and discover that Luck's longterm health is in serious question?

Did he get word from Belichick that BB was planning to retire soon and he'd be next in line?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Super Bowl Game Thread (pg 44) 

Post#983 » by RRyder823 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:37 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Wut

Read on Twitter

This makes me wonder a couple things:

Did he get there and discover that Luck's longterm health is in serious question?

Did he get word from Belichick that BB was planning to retire soon and he'd be next in line?

Whatever the reason that's a BIG kick in the nuts for the Colts considering it really hamstrings them now with available candidates

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#984 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:58 am

If you guys watch the 30 for 30 on Belichick and Parcells this doesn’t shock you one bit.

Fun fact Kraft was ready to hire Dom Capers as his head coach. Capers flight was delayed which gave Belichick a chance to interview first. Imagine the landscape of the NFL is that happened!
Profound23
RealGM

Post#985 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:04 am

midranger wrote:Do the Pats catch any punishment for/will the NFL ever mention again how Patrick Chung went back in one drive after being knocked unconscious?

Player safety is priority #1 IMO

Yep and the said thing is, it was all to prove a point and not let Butler in the game.

El Duderino wrote:
Profound23 wrote:This Superbowl proved a lot of things to me, one of them being the next time someone mentions firing McCarthy I don't want to hear "Well who is out there? There are no good coaches to replace him."

Everyone crucified the Eagles for hiring Pederson and look how that worked out. There are some up and comers out there who are better than McCarthy and if he can't take us to the promise land it's Gutekunst's job to find them.

From what Murphy said, he is the one with the say to fire and even hire any new head coach. I don't like this new structure, but it seems like it's no longer just up to who the GM is when it comes to the head coach of the Packers.

Him too, either way I’m sick of hearing the excuse that we can’t fire a coach because “Nobody else’s is out there.” It was the same crap they said about Mike Sherman.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#986 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:15 am

If McCarthy sh**s the bed we need to get McDaniels here next offseason. He would leave the Pats to coach Rodgers and have the ability to start his own dynasty.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Post#987 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:23 am

Profound23 wrote:If McCarthy sh**s the bed we need to get McDaniels here next offseason. He would leave the Pats to coach Rodgers and have the ability to start his own dynasty.

Like a 2 year dynasty?
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#988 » by rilamann » Wed Feb 7, 2018 5:53 am

Profound23 wrote:If McCarthy sh**s the bed we need to get McDaniels here next offseason. He would leave the Pats to coach Rodgers and have the ability to start his own dynasty.

LMAO@ ''If'' McCarthy **** the bed.

You can already....ummmm see the **** coming.

:lol:

McCarthy has to be on what?? Like his 9th mattress by now??
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,372

Post#989 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:31 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:

Like a 2 year dynasty?

Yeah, he might be interested but I don't think it's a slam dunk with a 35 year old Rodgers that he'd come here.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,653

Post#990 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:01 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Did he get there and discover that Luck's longterm health is in serious question?

Exactly my thoughts, as well, and I think either is plausible. I think the first is more likely than the second, possibly...even if BB and presumably Brady retires soon (I maintain that one day - some day - his play is going to just fall off of a cliff), I'm not sure you want that position. Brady and BB make that team, and they traded away their competent backup. And with Gronk thinking of retiring, too...cupboard might be pretty bare.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#991 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:

Like a 2 year dynasty?

Yeah, he might be interested but I don't think it's a slam dunk with a 35 year old Rodgers that he'd come here.

You realize Brady is going to be 41 and still continuing that dynasty. That means he could have Rodgers for 5-6 years.
Misery loves company
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#992 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:41 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:Like a 2 year dynasty?

You realize Brady is going to be 41 and still continuing that dynasty. That means he could have Rodgers for 5-6 years.

Maybe. I also think Rodgers has a lot more wear and tear on his body because of how mobile he is.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#993 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:27 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Maybe. I also think Rodgers has a lot more wear and tear on his body because of how mobile he is.

True, Rodgers has definitely had a lot more issues with the collar bones, shoulder, hamstring, concussions, etc. It seems that Brady has been extraordinarily healthy outside of the one ACL tear. Guessing a lot of that has to do with Belichick being his coach and GM and always having a formidable line to protect the franchise.
Misery loves company
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#994 » by humanrefutation » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:30 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:

True, Rodgers has definitely had a lot more issues with the collar bones, shoulder, hamstring, concussions, etc. It seems that Brady has been extraordinarily healthy outside of the one ACL tear. Guessing a lot of that has to do with Belichick being his coach and GM and always having a formidable line to protect the franchise.

Also, he has a quick strike approach to his offense. He isn't dancing around the pocket for 5-10 seconds before releasing the ball.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,653

Post#995 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:14 pm

Colts GM: "The rivalry is back on."

Everyone else:
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,558

Post#996 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:26 pm

McDaniels has a little Lane Kiffin in him. He's a great offensive mind but it comes with some shady behavior and arrogance. Just my general impression of the guy. Definitely rubbed some people the wrong way in his first coaching gig with Denver a few years back.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#997 » by th87 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 7:43 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:McDaniels has a little Lane Kiffin in him. He's a great offensive mind but it comes with some shady behavior and arrogance. Just my general impression of the guy. Definitely rubbed some people the wrong way in his first coaching gig with Denver a few years back.

Yup, here's an article about him and Jay Cutler. Thought he'd have humbled by now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

Shortly after Josh McDaniels moved into his office at Dove Valley, he called in Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook, for a closed-door meeting. The story goes that McDaniels began with a 20-minute dissertation of his resume, how he'd worked his way up the ranks in New England to become Bill Belichick's right-hand man with the offense and how the team would have been nowhere the year before without his tutelage of backup Matt Cassel. He continued on with justification of his hiring by Bowlen.

After the perplexing recitation of accomplishments, McDaniels suddenly shifted gears.

He began to bash and berate Cutler and his game to the tune of a verbal flogging neither had ever witnessed. The expletive-laden diatribe went on for a few minutes, after which Cook stood up and told Cutler they were leaving. As they walked down the long hallway past Bowlen's office, Cutler turned to Bus and said, "Get me out of here. I don't care how you do it."
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,372

Post#998 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 8:07 pm

I wonder if McDaniels even gets offers to become a HC again. You've been hired for a few weeks and then back out at the last second. Not a good look and I can't imagine any front office is willing to take the risk that he does that again.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#999 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 8:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:I wonder if McDaniels even gets offers to become a HC again. You've been hired for a few weeks and then back out at the last second. Not a good look and I can't imagine any front office is willing to take the risk that he does that again.

I understand that P.O.V. but he has basically gone the same route as Belichick.

Both viewed as top assistants, both hired and fired after a couple of years as a HC for another team (Cleveland and Denver), both went back to their original employers and did very well again, both accepted job offers from another team and scorned them in the final hour.

I am pretty sure the plan is to have him take over for Belichick, but if not I believe there are a lot of teams who would hire him. I also think he is going to make an excellent coach as long as he isn't stuck coaching someone like Tim Tebow again.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Super Bowl Game Thread (pg 44) 

Post#1000 » by RRyder823 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 9:57 pm

Profound23 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:I wonder if McDaniels even gets offers to become a HC again. You've been hired for a few weeks and then back out at the last second. Not a good look and I can't imagine any front office is willing to take the risk that he does that again.

I understand that P.O.V. but he has basically gone the same route as Belichick.

Both viewed as top assistants, both hired and fired after a couple of years as a HC for another team (Cleveland and Denver), both went back to their original employers and did very well again, both accepted job offers from another team and scorned them in the final hour.

I am pretty sure the plan is to have him take over for Belichick, but if not I believe there are a lot of teams who would hire him. I also think he is going to make an excellent coach as long as he isn't stuck coaching someone like Tim Tebow again.

I don't think that's a valid excuse when he was the one that pushed for Tebow

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

Return to Green Bay Packers