Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: 2018 Badger Football Thread 

Post#241 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#242 » by Mags FTW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 pm

I’m guessing the women aren’t students then. If they were, it probably would’ve been an indefinite suspension pending a Title 9 investigation.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#243 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I’m guessing the women aren’t students then. If they were, it probably would’ve been an indefinite suspension pending a Title 9 investigation.

He did leave the door open in his statement to further suspension if more details arise...more details could be a Title IX investigation which may occur after the criminal trial for Cephus.

There was an article with the defense team claiming that dorm cam footage may be key in their case which may suggest that the girls are students. I think Davis and Cephus lived in an apartment.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#244 » by Mags FTW » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I’m guessing the women aren’t students then. If they were, it probably would’ve been an indefinite suspension pending a Title 9 investigation.

He did leave the door open in his statement to further suspension if more details arise...more details could be a Title IX investigation which may occur after the criminal trial for Cephus.

There was an article with the defense team claiming that dorm cam footage may be key in their case which may suggest that the girls are students. I think Davis and Cephus lived in an apartment.

There are some apartments that are “quasi-dorms”. They are privatey run and are more expensive than the normal dorms. Usually the athletes and wealthy students from the coasts stay in them.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#245 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

There are some apartments that are “quasi-dorms”. They are privatey run and are more expensive than the normal dorms. Usually the athletes and wealthy students from the coasts stay in them.

Oh I know, I went there (lived in a shithole dorm but dated a coastie later on) - I think the suggested dorms were regular student dorms.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#246 » by BUCKnation » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

I think their evidence is basically cctv from the dorms showing the path or sidewalk they would take to those apartments on Spring.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#247 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Read on Twitter
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#248 » by MAC1987 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:19 pm

So who is claiming the girls involved were extremely intoxicated? I thought that report was from the police? And I guess I'm curious at which time did the girls leave his apartment? And then at what time did they go to the police (Again i thought the police said the girls were very intoxicated and couldn't stand). So timeline could be very important.

Per below his lawyers are saying the girls were not as intoxicated as previously mentioned.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24454419/quintez-cephus-wisconsin-badgers-seeks-dismissal-sexual-assault-charge
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#249 » by Mags FTW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:30 pm

MAC1987 wrote:So who is claiming the girls involved were extremely intoxicated? I thought that report was from the police? And I guess I'm curious at which time did the girls leave his apartment? And then at what time did they go to the police (Again i thought the police said the girls were very intoxicated and couldn't stand). So timeline could be very important.

Per below his lawyers are saying the girls were not as intoxicated as previously mentioned.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24454419/quintez-cephus-wisconsin-badgers-seeks-dismissal-sexual-assault-charge

Intoxication was insinuated by the first officer who responded to the hospital. He said the room smelled like alcohol, and the victim threw up while he was trying to interview her. He also said She had trouble trying to hold her head up while she was interviewed.
MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#250 » by MAC1987 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 pm

I just re-read the Madison website....doesn't sound like a good situation.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#251 » by Mags FTW » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

What’s interesting is that witnesses and other suspects are often included in No Contact Orders. Davis isn’t mentioned.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#252 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm

I found it interesting that Cephus’ lawyers say they have text messages from one of the girls saying she left a vaping device at Cephus’ place and included heart and kiss emojis in the text.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#253 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:10 am

Read on Twitter
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#254 » by Mags FTW » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:15 am

Lee Corso picks them to win the Natty.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#255 » by trwi7 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:47 am

6-6 season here we come.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#256 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 pm

trwi7 wrote:6-6 season here we come.

With the tougher road schedule I'm thinking probably 9-3, hopefully 10-2 (I know you were joking).

I'm an optimist 9 years out of 10 and actually believe that we are right around 5th best in the nation but so much has to go right for these lofty expectations to hold up.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#257 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm an optimist 9 years out of 10 and actually believe that we are right around 5th best in the nation but so much has to go right for these lofty expectations to hold up.

I understand and agree, but the adjustment to get pessimistic whenever the team is expected to do well is so just an emotional reaction to protect your expectations and feelings. We absolutely have the building of one of the nation's best teams this year. Now we need to execute - execute so that the lofty expectations hold up. Just like any other team at the top has to do.

Have some faith! We have some questions, sure, but we also have some outstanding players and units. And good coaching. And the schedule isn't terrible (harder, but not terrible). Let's do this.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#258 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm an optimist 9 years out of 10 and actually believe that we are right around 5th best in the nation but so much has to go right for these lofty expectations to hold up.

I understand and agree, but the adjustment to get pessimistic whenever the team is expected to do well is so just an emotional reaction to protect your expectations and feelings. We absolutely have the building of one of the nation's best teams this year. Now we need to execute - execute so that the lofty expectations hold up. Just like any other team at the top has to do.

Have some faith! We have some questions, sure, but we also have some outstanding players and units. And good coaching. And the schedule isn't terrible (harder, but not terrible). Let's do this.

It isn't so much "high expectations = low results."

It's the fact that we have a lot of youth at certain positions of importance and go @PSU, @Iowa, @Michigan, @Purdue, @NW.

Basically everything went right until the BTT game last year but the pundits like Corso are just saying "12-0 last year and a lot of guys coming back...playoffs!"

I said we're probably right on the fringe of the top 5 and agree that all of the other teams have to hold up their end of the bargain as well but everything went right last year with a likely better defense and we still didn't make the playoffs. We're gonna likely lose a game to a team with more NFL skill players (@PSU, probably OSU in BTT game) so basically need everything else to go perfectly.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#259 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

It isn't so much "high expectations = low results."

It's the fact that we have a lot of youth at certain positions of importance and go @PSU, @Iowa, @Michigan, @Purdue, @NW.

Basically everything went right until the BTT game last year but the pundits like Corso are just saying "12-0 last year and a lot of guys coming back...playoffs!"

I said we're probably right on the fringe of the top 5 and agree that all of the other teams have to hold up their end of the bargain as well but everything went right last year with a likely better defense and we still didn't make the playoffs. We're gonna likely lose a game to a team with more NFL skill players (@PSU, probably OSU in BTT game) so basically need everything else to go perfectly.

I mean...

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm generally bullish on the Badgers when they're ranked outside of the top 10 and a bit pessimistic when expectations get this high (especially with some question marks on D).

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I'm being a little cautious with the hype. We have some inexperience/depth issues on defense that could potentially be an issue imo. The offense should be/will need to be consistently better as they won't be able to lean as heavily on the defense to bail them out time after time this year.

I've started to get to this point as well. I'm also trained to expect a bust year when they get hyped (and by "bust", I'm talking 9-3 with some frustrating losses).

Again, yes the schedule is harder. Yes there are some holes we are unsure of right now. We aren't Alabama. If you are ranked in the top 5 preseason, you are going to need basically everything to go right if you want to stay there and get to the playoffs. That's kind of how it works. This is life in the top 5.

So this year, we agree we have a team deserving of it. Enjoy it. Don't be twirl.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#260 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:40 pm

To be fair, I'm not twirl. I'm basically projecting exactly what the rating systems may project (9-10 wins) but that's not twirl territory.

Return to Green Bay Packers