Remembering the 1996 World Champion Green Bay Packers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Re: Remembering the 1996 World Champion Green Bay Packers 

Post#21 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:50 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:I watched the VHS highlight tape thing they put out of this season so many **** times growing up. I might watch it again tonight now.

I have that tape somewhere in the closet. One really enjoyable play on that tape was the game down in Chicago against the Bears. Freeman caught the 50 yard bomb over a Bear defender for a TD with no time left in the second quarter. Team went on to a 37-6 rout that afternoon.

That play sort of signaled to the league that Favre was the new alpha who could control the field like a video game.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#22 » by chuckleslove » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:I watched the VHS highlight tape thing they put out of this season so many **** times growing up. I might watch it again tonight now.

I have that tape somewhere in the closet. One really enjoyable play on that tape was the game down in Chicago against the Bears. Freeman caught the 50 yard bomb over a Bear defender for a TD with no time left in the second quarter. Team went on to a 37-6 rout that afternoon.

That play sort of signaled to the league that Favre was the new alpha who could control the field like a video game.

I was at that game, I have an uncle with Bears season tickets and that was my birthday present that year. That TD was right in front of us(his seats are in the end zone, maybe 10-15 rows up). There were a handful of us Packers fans there but we were largely outnumbered and the Bears fans were all silent and/or drunk by the end of the game and I was riding high.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:58 pm

chuckleslove wrote:

I was at that game, I have an uncle with Bears season tickets and that was my birthday present that year. That TD was right in front of us

So many memories from that season but for me it comes down to two plays by Freeman. That amazing catch over the Bears as referenced and then his sprint down the sidelines for a TD in the Super Bowl at a time when the Pack were trailing 14-10 and it was looking like we might lose momentum. Freeman just turned on those burners. Man I loved that guy.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,559

Post#24 » by Frank Nova » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 am

Doug Evans pick 6 vs the Rams is one of my favorite plays of all time. We were coming off those 2 losses and struggling vs a bad Rams team, Doug Evans picked that ball off and we took the lead 10-9 and we never lost another game that season.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to Green Bay Packers