Post#1 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Discuss.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Re: Packers 5th Round - Marquez Valdes Scantling 

Post#2 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:07 pm

MD dropping the ball here. I won't forget this if MVS becomes a star.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Re: Packers 5th Round - Marquez Valdes-Scantling 

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 pm

Sports overload. Went outside for while and turned off phone
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#4 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Sports overload. Went outside for while and turned off phone

No worries. I got your back, MD.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#5 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:57 pm

So, it look old like nobody here really cares about this guy.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#6 » by bizarro » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 pm

So, fwiw, this guy ran a 4.37 40 at 6'4" / 206 lbs. That's pretty significant.

Pauline's assessment:

Bio:
Three-year starter who transferred to USF after two seasons at NC State. Set a school record with 879 receiving yards on a team-high 53 catches with six touchdowns and earned an invite to the NFLPA Bowl in 2017. Tied for the team lead with five touchdowns as a junior, catching 22 passes for 415 yards. Combined for 44 receptions, 538 yards and one touchdown in his two seasons with the Wolfpack, which included 10 starts as a sophomore.
Pos:
Nice-sized receiver coming off a career campaign. Fluid, smooth and plays with both focus and concentration. Extends his hands to offer the quarterback a target, displays both soft and strong hands and consistently snatches the ball cleanly away from his frame. Makes difficult catches in a crowd, uses his frame to shield away defenders and works to make himself an available target. Strong running after the catch, possesses solid speed for his size and gives effort blocking.
Neg:
One-speed receiver with limited quickness and burst. Marginally productive until his senior campaign.
Analysis:
Poorly rated by scouts prior to his senior season, Valdes-Scantling took his game to another level and went from street free agent to late-round prospect. He’s the quintessential possession receiver who does the little things well and should be an asset as a fifth wideout.

FWIW, Tony had him as a 4th rounder.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#7 » by bizarro » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Big fella can move:

Highlights:

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#8 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:49 pm

He gave a very good phone interview, should be up on the Packers site.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#9 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:42 pm

McGinn:

NFC scout: “Tall, big and fast but very unpolished. Has a little bit of a diva quality to him, which you can say about a lot of receivers. He’s a good kid. They liked him. It’s probably going to be a wake-up call early. It’s how fast he can take his lumps and figure it out. He has the talent. He’s a vertical receiver. He’ll win on deep balls. Wasn’t in the short-to-intermediate game unless you’re asking him to run slants and drags. He’s a good athlete and he’s got height, weight and speed.”

AFC scout: “Played predominantly outside. Big, good-looking kid who has to improve consistency. Adequate bend and flex out of his stance with good initial quickness. Adequate foot quickness to get the cornerback off the spot.”

NFC scout: “Does not respond well to hard coaching. Does the bare minimum. Underachiever. Doesn’t grind in the weight room. Needs constant push and supervision.”

AFC scout: “Sixth or seventh round.”

NFC scout: “Has size with some quickness. High hips and marginal flexibility. Needs to improve his route polish, play strength and hands.”

AFC scout: “He’s fifth or sixth round. There are questions about his ability to catch the ball. He’s got size and vertical speed but is inconsistent catching.”
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#10 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:43 pm

After watching some film on him, I feel the opposite about him in comparison to the other receivers we took. He is fast, but I don't see 4.37 speed when I watch him play. He definitely plays slower than his timed speed. I don't know if it is route running or if he just doesn't have elite long speed to go with his 40 yard burst, but I feel like, at least at the college level, you should be able to come out on the back side of some defenses with that kind of size and speed. Some of the throws are bad, but there are other times where you see him catch the ball with a lot of open space and just not beat guys for speed.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#11 » by DrWood » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:22 pm

a little underwhelming concerning his lack of work ethic, considering he needs to develop.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#12 » by M-C-G » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:27 pm

I have no idea what Martavis Bryant looked like in college and I think he has more wiggle personally, but there are some major similarities between the two

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#13 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Read on Twitter
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: Packers 5th Round - Marquez Valdes-Scantling 

Post#14 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:23 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter
Great...he beat out some also ran who's 18yrs his senior.

Yeah I know it's the great Moss. Seems weird that that he'd be training with a Packer...although I'm sure money talks...Even though its Moss, color me not THAT impressed with the beating a generation separation beating on a cone drill.

Better than getting caught I guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,201

Post#15 » by dbrodz7 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I know it's the great Moss. Seems weird that that he'd be training with a Packer...although I'm sure money talks...Even though its Moss, color me not THAT impressed with the beating a generation separation beating on a cone drill.

Wow such hostility, I'm guessing this was more along the lines of interesting and cool that he's training with Moss, not that he's going to be incredible because he beat Moss in a cone drill.
Misery loves company
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#16 » by crkone » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:26 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Wow such hostility, I'm guessing this was more along the lines of interesting and cool that he's training with Moss, not that he's going to be incredible because he beat Moss in a cone drill.

Is this the equivalent of Thon and KG? :D

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#17 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

No Hostile. I do find the jubilation at the end of the clip a tad overboard.

OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#18 » by OGLife » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:16 am

dbrodz7 wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

Moss isn’t someone you would consider to be someone who can teach. I’d rather he train with a Jennings than Moss
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#19 » by chonestown » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:59 pm

OGLife wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:Great...he beat out some also ran who's 18yrs his senior.

Moss isn’t someone you would consider to be someone who can teach. I’d rather he train with a Jennings than Moss

Will be interesting to see how he does once training camp rolls around.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#20 » by Ayt » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:44 pm

OGLife wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:Great...he beat out some also ran who's 18yrs his senior.

This seems like such a dumb thing to get hung up on. Moss is one of the best to ever play the position. I'm not going to complain about a rookie 5th round WR working out with him.

If Moss had been drafted by the Packers and had played his entire career with them would you have the same view?

Return to Green Bay Packers