ImageImage

2018 FF Thread - Answer one, Ask one

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Re: 2018 FF Thread - Answer one, Ask one 

Post#121 » by vegaspacker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:21 am

Hey, I have Rashad Penny. Anyone else watch the MNF game. He got a chance to play in the second half. It appeared as though he had no idea where to line up. He was on the wrong spot repeatedly and it really seemed to ware on Wilson. That was my take. I am seriously considering waiving him if a decent alternative comes along.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#122 » by skones » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 pm

vegaspacker wrote:Hey, I have Rashad Penny. Anyone else watch the MNF game. He got a chance to play in the second half. It appeared as though he had no idea where to line up. He was on the wrong spot repeatedly and it really seemed to ware on Wilson. That was my take. I am seriously considering waiving him if a decent alternative comes along.

Hold for now. They've played two very good defenses thus far and they invested a first round pick in him. He's got an opportunity to eventually seize the lead role in the backfield. Given the landscape for RBs that's got value. He's a guy I'd be targeting in a buy low situation. Seattle switched to him in the second half of a close game. That's pretty promising in and of itself.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,960

Post#123 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Just got offered OBJ/Rodgers/Breida for Barkley/K. Johnson/John Brown. My QB/WR/RB right now:

QB: Mahomes
WR: Allen, Hogan, Brown, Allison, Jeffery (IR)
RB: Barkley, Conner, Bernard, Thompson, McCoy, K. Johnson, Mixon (IR)

Hesitant to part with Barkley, and with the way Mahomes is playing I don't really NEED Rodgers... If Mixon was healthy I'd feel a little better about it. Thoughts?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#124 » by bizarro » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:17 am

So, quick ?:

I have the Browns D at home vs. Darnold and the Jets. I really like this match-up. Additionally, I could choose Jacksonville at Home vs. a Titans squad. Another beauitful match-up.

Any thoughts?
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#125 » by RiotPunch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 am

bizarro wrote:So, quick ?:

I have the Browns D at home vs. Darnold and the Jets. I really like this match-up. Additionally, I could choose Jacksonville at Home vs. a Titans squad. Another beauitful match-up.

Any thoughts?

I'd go Jags, but not by a huge margin.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#126 » by RiotPunch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 am

RiotPunch wrote:Just got offered OBJ/Rodgers/Breida for Barkley/K. Johnson/John Brown.

#FreeChuckDiesel
vegaspacker
Analyst

Post#127 » by vegaspacker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 am

RiotPunch wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Just got offered OBJ/Rodgers/Breida for Barkley/K. Johnson/John Brown.

Could go either way. I have ODBJ and am worried about how awful Mannning might be.

I have Brieda, just not sure he can last the whole season and he whooped up on the Lions. He is the leading rusher in the NFL at the moment.

Losing Kjohn and J Brown is no worries for me. Mixon should be back soon and you have Gio. If you can find a homer to bite on Rodgers for someone in the future... say another WR, maybe. Hogan might really see a decline as two new WRS could overshadow the Pats pass catching situation.

It's a big trade, really could make or break. Dbl check bye weeks too. I think you are definitely getting value. I'd probably hold off personally. Too early....
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#128 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Fitzpatrick or Wilson?

4pt passing TD
6pt rushing TD
Bonus 5pt - 300yd
Bonus 7pt- 350yd
Bonus 10pt - 400yd
.1pt - yd passing

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
vegaspacker
Analyst

Post#129 » by vegaspacker » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:22 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:Fitzpatrick or Wilson?

4pt passing TD
6pt rushing TD
Bonus 5pt - 300yd
Bonus 7pt- 350yd
Bonus 10pt - 400yd
.1pt - yd passing

Fitz, he's Irish right?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#130 » by skones » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:01 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Just got offered OBJ/Rodgers/Breida for Barkley/K. Johnson/John Brown. My QB/WR/RB right now:

QB: Mahomes
WR: Allen, Hogan, Brown, Allison, Jeffery (IR)
RB: Barkley, Conner, Bernard, Thompson, McCoy, K. Johnson, Mixon (IR)

Hesitant to part with Barkley, and with the way Mahomes is playing I don't really NEED Rodgers... If Mixon was healthy I'd feel a little better about it. Thoughts?

Mahomes is going to eventually come back down to earth and you know Rodgers is the best out there. When I say "come back down to earth" I mean precipitous fall. The guy is tossing a TD with 18% of his attempts right now. It's the same type of stat that indicated huge regression for Watson during his short stint before injury last season (and he was at a completely unsustainable 9%, ie. Rodgers career high when he threw 45). Be careful not to over value him. He's a top 10 QB moving forward IMO, but nowhere near top 5. I don't view this as you not "needing Rodgers." From a pure value standpoint, you come away with a big win. I think the best way to do this is to float Mahomes as trade bait and see what you can get for him. He's extremely buzzy right now, so it wouldn't surprise me if you could get more for him than someone could feasibly get with Rodgers (albeit entirely unwarranted). With Conner and Breida, I think you should be fine until Mixon returns, and OBJ offers a huge boost your your WR corp.

I'd find a deal and pull the trigger.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#131 » by RiotPunch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Getting torched by Ridley today. What a great Sunday.
#FreeChuckDiesel
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#132 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:44 am

TE J.Reed on a bye. My bench is currently Golladay, M.Ingram, A.Collins, and R. Wilson.

Best available TE is Ebron. Do I drop Reed for him?

I'm boarder line thinking of running no D or K in lieu of dropping Reed. Am I nuts?

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#133 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:15 am

How do you guys rank the following WR's moving forward in terms of who you'd start/roster:

John Brown (Flacco's #2 and a deep threat)
Chris Godwin (Fitzmagic's #2, very gifted)
Tyler Boyd (Dalton's #2, Green questionable, favorable schedule)
Antonio Callaway (Burner, playmaker with Mayfield at the helm, favorable schedule, superstud upside)
Sterling Shepard (Eli's #2, eats Engram's targets, Eli sucks)
Geronimo Allison (We're all Packer fans here)

For the record, I have Allen/Hogan/Jeffery/Brown/Godwin already rostered. Thinking I'll drop Hogan for one of last four.
#FreeChuckDiesel
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#134 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Damn it Riot...A then Q
Specifically, A my Q

RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#135 » by RiotPunch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:42 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:Damn it Riot...A then Q
Specifically, A my Q

My bad. It's a tough question. I would not feel good about dropping Reed, as he is a Top-5 TE, and there is considerable drop-off in production outside of the Top-5. Who's your other QB if you have Wilson on your bench? I almost never roster two QB's, but I imagine the other guy must be pretty good if you're benching Russ.

A good kicker or D/ST will likely provide comparable production to Ebron, although he has been getting considerable targets. If Doyle is able to go, those numbers should go back down a bit. I'd probably just roll without a TE and hope you get 20ish points out of your K/D/ST, depending on your scoring settings.
#FreeChuckDiesel
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,240

Post#136 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 pm

If you're playing in a one QB league I would not have two QB's rostered. I don't think any of the guys you listed are droppable. I made a big trade yesterday moving my James Conner, Lamar Miller, and Josh Gordon for Melvin Gordon and Larry Fitzgerald. I have a super deep team with starting line up of Brady, Watson, Hopkins, Keenan, Tate, Saquon, MGIII, Gronk, Woods, Watkins and still have Fitz, Ingram, Dion Lewis, Godwin, Ekeler on the bench.
Misery loves company
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#137 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 am

Thanks guys

Yeah, with such a short bench I'm not one to carry 2 QBs on the regular but last week I dropped Sony for Fitzpatrick. I don't trust SEA offense and QBs get a bunch of bonuses for 300,350,400yd games and 40+yd plays. So you can see why I'm hesitant to drop a QB. No one is struggling for a QB in my league and I'm just not sure at this point either QB has a position relative valuation greater than anyone else on my bench. I want to ride out Fitz but who knows how long his leash is if he has a subpar game coupled with an L. I'm currently 3-0 and a 25 point favorite against the second place team 2-1. I'm currently rocking Butker (KC) and Houston D....probably gonna drop Houston and go D-less.

Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#138 » by Wisky4life » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:TE J.Reed on a bye. My bench is currently Golladay, M.Ingram, A.Collins, and R. Wilson.

I'm boarder line thinking of running no D or K in lieu of dropping Reed. Am I nuts?

I would almost say keep Reed and just run Defense and Kicker. Chances are Ebron will only get you like 4 Catches for 40 yards?

Now my question for you or anyone else is who I play at my 2 running back spots

Lindsay Denver
Freeman Denver
Michel New England
McCoy Buffalo
Johnson Detroit

I am leaning towards Lindsay and either Freeman/Michel
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Post#139 » by DigitalFool » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 am

Wisky4life wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:TE J.Reed on a bye. My bench is currently Golladay, M.Ingram, A.Collins, and R. Wilson.

I would almost say keep Reed and just run Defense and Kicker. Chances are Ebron will only get you like 4 Catches for 40 yards?

Now my question for you or anyone else is who I play at my 2 running back spots

Lindsay Denver
Freeman Denver
Michel New England
McCoy Buffalo
Johnson Detroit

I am leaning towards Lindsay and either Freeman/Michel

I like Lindsay this week and probably would say Michel. In fact, if he’s still available on waivers in other leagues I’d pick him up. I think his usage will only increase.

I have A Brown, Cooks, Hilton, Cole (PPR). Bell owner said he’s looking for a “top” receiver. Was thinking of offering Cooks - do that deal ? I’m still of the opinion he probably isn’t playing until week 11, but I need RB help. (Collins, Thompson, Lindsay)
IrishRainbow
Veteran

Post#140 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:41 am

I offered up K.Allen / Collins for Bell with no luck

Return to Green Bay Packers