GT: Pack at Rams - 3:25 - Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: GT: Pack at Rams - 3:25 - Fox 

Post#341 » by El Duderino » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Can we get a special teams coach that doesn’t let crap like that happen?

Idk how much you can put that on a coach. I would think the general structure in place would be to let the returner make that call, but maybe the coach should've made an exception and "managed" this one because of the situation. Idk.

No way

With 2:05 on the clock, if Montgomery takes a touchback, it allows the offense a free play before the two minutes warning. So he should have been told to do so.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#342 » by Jollay » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm

Oh well, we're not that close anyway. Even playing a good game like we did if the Rams have Cooper Kupp he punctures Scrub Whitehead up the gut for about 100-150 yards and three TDs.

If Josh Reynolds scores two, Kupp would score many more working the slot.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#343 » by awd4cy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 pm

Jollay wrote:
awd4cy wrote:Lol, why wouldn’t you run it into the end zone?

Because if you miss the extra point you're up eight and the Packers have a chance to tie, if you don't the game is over.

Gurley=smart
Montgomery=dumb

Huh, would have expected it by Trevor Davis but I literally had no indication Montgomery was a ****' idiot too. Knew he was just another below average guy the Packers have playing in the clutch, but didn't know he was that dumb.

Very minuscule chance that would happen. I guess that’s the good thing about Gurley. He’s a better team player than I would be in that situation. He could have had a td.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#344 » by Mags FTW » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:59 pm

1) Don’t catch a punt inside the 10
2) Don’t hold or block in the back on a return
3) Don’t bring it out of the end zone

Zook gets paid how much to have those 3 things be about 50% of his job, and he can’t even do that right?
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#345 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 am

slappyg wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Can we get a special teams coach that doesn’t let crap like that happen?

Idk how much you can put that on a coach. I would think the general structure in place would be to let the returner make that call, but maybe the coach should've made an exception and "managed" this one because of the situation. Idk.

Coach absolutely should have told him to take a knee if it is in the end zone. Allows us 1 play before 2 minute warning and no chance of a fumble.

Yeah, I edited my comment to account for the time issue, which I didn't think of at first. I agree with you, coach should've "managed" it. Even though the time situation should've been obvious to Ty, sometimes players forget and it's the coaches job to remind them, prepare them etc.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#346 » by Swan Vox » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 am

I can’t belive I’m about to say this, but: AT LEAST WE HAVE THE BUCKS
ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

GT: Pack at Rams - 3:25 - Fox 

Post#347 » by ReddRum » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 am

I’m a diehard Packers fan and this is the least interested i have ever been in watching this team. Horrible play calls, stupid mental errors cost us another game, and our defense is average at best. Just not a fun team to watch...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#348 » by Jollay » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:01 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
Trevor Davis fumbled 0 times last year, and once in his career. I don't think anyone is as mad as they are if he brings it out and just gets tackled. Montgomery, on the other hand, has fumbled 3 times so far this season.

Well, obviously I'm not as mad, but it's stupid to bring that out at all when you get a free clock stop if you don't.

I am confident our coaching staff is breeding **** idiots, doesn't really matter who is back there probably, he makes the same dumb decision too.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#349 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:03 am

In the current NFL, there is almost no reason to bring a kickoff out of the end zone. The number of of returns that get the ball past the 25 and aren't immediately brought back for penalty is minuscule. There are exceptions based on time remaining, but this just makes no sense from anyone who understands statistics at all.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,167

Post#350 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 am

Studs

Alexander: They tried to single him out but dude balled today

Clark: Seriously can someone go back and look through the draft thread and call out everyone that was ready to root for selecting him

Defense as a whole: Regardless of the final points allowed they played really well as a unit

Adams: God I'm happy hes on my fantasy team

Duds

TOs wasted: I'd say they need to clean this up but at this point its expected

Montgomery turning into a moron: Yeah that's pretty much it

2nd quarter offense: Gifted the deciding points and simply couldn't do much of anything

Scott: But he's such a weapon (hes actually had a pretty good year but today damn sure was horrible)

I said going into this week they needed to split this and the NE game and win 3 out of the next 5 to position themselves for the final push. Now its win 3 out of 4. Let this one get away from them. It's on to NE.

And God damnit Monty

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Post#351 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 am

If I have to say something positive, I'll say Alexander is a stud.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,793

Post#352 » by BJ Sandered » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:05 am

ReddRum wrote:McCarthy should have been fired 3 years ago and arguably longer ago than that...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

After the Seattle debacle it was time for him to go.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#353 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 am

El Duderino wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

No way

With 2:05 on the clock, if Montgomery takes a touchback, it allows the offense a free play before the two minutes warning. So he should have been told to do so.

Yeah, you guys are right. I had forgotten about the time issue and was thinking only of the fumble or short runback risk. I still feel like Ty should've known on his own, but it's def on the coach to make sure guys are on the right page beforehand.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#354 » by Jollay » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:09 am

rilamann wrote:If I have to say something positive, I'll say Alexander is a stud.

He was amazing. My God, he was even chucking people hard at the line when we blitzed. It was one of the best performances I've seen a Packer corner have in at least a few years, which is saying something for how bad we've been.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,245

Post#355 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 am

We have had first ballot hall of fame QB play every season for 27 seasons, being a Packer fan should be more fun than this.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#356 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:26 am

McCarthy needs to jump on the grenade. He essentially gifted the Rams 8 points to end the first half. Zook should jump on the grenade for JK Scott and whatever the **** Montgomery did. McCarthy should jump on the grenade for running an anemic offense after our first scoring drive. We continue to not extend leads when our defense is playing well. Teams like the Rams are going to find ways to score on you. They found Whitehead, and they threw and ran at him repeatedly until they got into the endzone. We should have already had a big enough lead for it to not matter.

He said that the plan was to take a knee and that "Ty was just trying to make a play." How does Ty even get the right on the field to decide to make a play? Mike's gotta go. Decisions are getting made that should be forbidden by sideline coaching. I'm pretty over watching it. I see teams like the Rams and 49ers (and before them the Falcons) get coaches that create offense. The offense is not getting the production that the talent should produce.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#357 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:26 am

Scott owes Montgomery a steak dinner or something because nobody is going to remember that Scott's punt almost immediately put the Rams in FG position.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#358 » by Wisky4life » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 am

For all that happened today, that fumble. Packers' had the chance all day to put it away. Every game seems to be 2 minutes left, Rodgers has the ball, can he win it for us?
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#359 » by El Duderino » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:31 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:In the current NFL, there is almost no reason to bring a kickoff out of the end zone. The number of of returns that get the ball past the 25 and aren't immediately brought back for penalty is minuscule. There are exceptions based on time remaining, but this just makes no sense from anyone who understands statistics at all.

Yea, i'd say the only exception making it ever worth bringing a kickoff out of the end zone is if you have an abnormally dynamic returner, and Montgomery certainly doesn't fit that description.

Late in games where a score is needed, it is especially not worth the risk of not getting to the 25, getting a penalty causing a drive to start around the ten yard line, and/or a turnover.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#360 » by Jollay » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:31 am

Silverstein said the Montgomery thing is on MM, as it is his decision. Didn't know that if it is true. I think I could leave that to Zook and if I couldn't, I would need to fire Zook.

Return to Green Bay Packers